VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Sorry for my late answer... I'm busy at work (real life) ATM

Unfortunately I've no idea how to change this strange 'behavior'. The 'Edit' window uses the VB-control 'Text' (as it is necessary to have the possibility to 'change' it) whereas the menu uses the VB-control 'Label' (without the 'change' possibility). I don't know why Microsoft uses different fonts/codepages for this two controls, but it is obvious. Maybe you can find out which char is 'replaced' by which other and enter/edit it 'by hand' to get the correct char in the menu. I will try to create a simple test application to get something like a conversion table. Then we can have a deeper look for this problem. Maybe I can also try a different control for the edit box (a richtext control), but I cannot change the 'Label' control, as this would require to change about 15% of the whole GfD source code...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    unfortunately I have not Visual Basic, so I cannot try it, but why in font dialog is combobox "Skript" disabled?

Is any options in Label for setting Skript?

According to this web page - http://www.example-code.com/vb/vbUnicode1.asp - VB convert unicode do ANSI ("Use the default charset for this computer" - for me it is windows-1250) automatically, so I don't know where is problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. ...Is any options in Label for setting Skript?
    No.

...I don't know where is problem.
    I don't know it either.
    But maybe we can find a workaround. As mentioned above, I'm just to busy ATM.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Preface - this applies to an NTSC environment

ChapEditGFD from the 1.04 package seems to have a problem on a video clip extracted via Mpeg2Schnitt.

For example, I grab a 7695 frame chunk which is 4 min. 16 sec worth in NTSC (30 fps) land.

When I load it into ChapEditGFD, the duration is indicated as 5min. 5sec meaning, I think, that ChapEditGFD is assuming a PAL (25 fps) environment. The output chapter file is given in hh:mms:ms format. When this file is imported into GUIforDVDAuthor set to NTSC, the chapter times are not correct.

If this is the case, it might be desirable to have a PAL/NTSC setting on ChapEditGFD. Another approach would be to have the output file in 'frame count' format, like Mpeg2Schnitt's file.kap, which imports happily into GFD.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi - A suggestion:
    As GFD makes MuxMan selectable for DVD creation - ChapEditGfd should make saving chapter marks in frames format possible, as well as currently in time format.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Sorry for the late answer, but I'm a little bit 'tired' of GfD ATM...

ChapEditGFD from the 1.04 package seems to have a problem on a video clip extracted via Mpeg2Schnitt. For example, I grab a 7695 frame chunk which is 4 min. 16 sec worth in NTSC (30 fps) land.
    When I load it into ChapEditGFD, the duration is indicated as 5min. 5sec
    ChapEditGFD as well as GfD itself grab the format (PAL/NTSC) from the fps setting found in the first GOP header of the mpeg file (muxed or elementary). If fps is 25 PAL is assumed, for 29.97 NTSC is assumed. According to the DVD spec, these are the only allowed fps settings. The duration is calculated from the difference between the timecodes from the first GOP header and the last GOP header. If these timecodes do not fit to the frames, I can't do anything. The only way out would be to count each frame in the mpeg file, but this would take a very long time (same or a little bit more as Mpeg2Schnitt takes to create the index file if you open a stream the first time). And for streams with pulldown flags, frames alone are not a good timing indicator, as some frames have a longer 'duration' as 'normal' frames (BTW: Mpeg2Schnitt cannot handle these streams correctly either).
    That's why I use the timecodes in the GOP headers (also for the chapter marks only these timecodes are used).
    So check the fps setting and the timecodes in the GOP headers. Maybe these have to be corrected.
    @politiken
    As GfD creates a MuxMan control file (muxman.mxp) itself, saving chapter marks in frames format would not help anything as in the control file only 'real' timecodes (format hh::mms:ff) are accepted by MuxMan. Just the MuxMan GUI wants to have frames and calculates the timecodes itself.

@All
    Here is the newest development version:
    http://www.boraxsoft.de/other/GUI_DVDauthor_104_4_test.zip
    (includes an updated version of sup2png and GUI_DVDauthor.exe)

Bugfixes/news
    - You can turn of the NTSC timecode correction (drop frame/non drop frame) for dvdauthor (Settings: Intern)
    - Sometimes sup2png has created subs with 'negative duration'
    - For the transitions there is a 'special' variable used now for the temp directory: |TempDir| which is replaced during menu creation by the 'real' temporary directory as configured in the project settings. This makes it possible to 'reuse' transition scripts if other Out/Temp directories are used. The names for the menu files are 'predictable''.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I've added support for sst subtitle files created by MaestroSBT (muxman mode only).
    After I found this thread: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic339258.html , I thought it could be helpful...

To use sst subtitle files from MaestroSBT, select muxman as engine in the permanent settings, add the sst file in the video + audio files dialog as usual (same as for sup) AND also use the sst file as palette for the color info (same as an ifo or rgb palette file). If you use several sst files, these must share the same colors, as only one palette is possible for a given movie.

See also: http://download.videohelp.com/gfd/Help/VideoFileDialog.html#Subtitles
    (This docu is NOT YET updated for the sst support, but the general procedures have not changed. Just use the same sst file as subtitle AND palette file).

Download here:
    http://www.boraxsoft.de/other/GUI_DVDauthor_104_5_test.zip
    Quote Quote  
  8. Just tested sst. And the result is excellent looking subtitles in GFD.

It looks like it's only the two first colours which have an effect on the subtitles(for me). First = colour of text Sec. = outline.

(Btw. previewing the video clip(alone in GFDSView)the subtitles comes out wrong. But that's proberly allready on your to do list. )
    Quote Quote  
  9. ...It looks like it's only the two first colours which have an effect on the subtitles(for me). First = colour of text Sec. = outline.
    I don't really know. It is muxman's task
    ...previewing the video clip(alone in GFDSView)the subtitles comes out wrong...
    I don't understand. GFDSView doesn't support subtitles at all!?
    At least I haven't programmed anything for it...
    Quote Quote  
  10. ...previewing the video clip(alone in GFDSView)the subtitles comes out wrong...
    I don't understand. GFDSView doesn't support subtitles at all!?
    If I right click on the video in the listview it does show subtitles(wrong - for me), but it may be ffdshow adding subtitles - dunno - not a big problem - the most important thing is that they come out right when authoring.

(I guess I'll have to change ssa 4+ format to ssa 4 - in DSG - Maestro will not accept 4+ format - the difference is the way the colour is written.)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Now I long forgotten how I did the ssa -> sst conversion for succesfull usage in GFM.

In MaestroSBT I change the render to "Windows BMP 4-bits" and export to sst.

When adding this file to GFM the BatchRun Log says:
    SPU error, C:\Programmer\DVD slideshow GUI\Test\\BratNr_0001.bmp, encoded line exceeds 1440 bits.
    And the the subtitles are not selectable when viewing the resulting slideshow.

If I add the same sst to Muxman directly it renders without any problems as selectable subtitles.

Any idears?

[EDIT: Right after posting this I noticed in MaestroSBT/Render/Screen and bitmap size/Minus 3 was checked - and it shouldn't be. Now it works.]
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Is there anyway to add more than 3 subtitles to each video in GfD without manually creating spu*.xml files and editing batchrun0 and author.xml? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hi GFDuser,

welcome on board!

...without manually creating spu*.xml files and editing batchrun0 and author.xml?
    Yes, but not a 'full automatic' (the video and audio files dialog in GfD has support for 3 subtitles max - most users use just one or none). Actually there is no big difference compared with manually creating spu*.xml files and editing batchrun0...
    If dvdauthor is used as authoring engine, you can use a 'two step' approach:
    1. Use elementary streams and add the first 3 subtitle streams. Don't create any menus and other elements yet. Run 'Create batch' and manually run the batchrun0.
    2. Use the resulting xxxx_SUB2.mpg as input file in GfD and add the next subtitle stream(s) using the 'AddStream' option (with a '3' as you already have 3 streams)

If you use MuxMan as authoring engine, just activate the 'Edit author.xml file before DVD creation process' option and edit the mxp file to include the additional subtitle streams (just copy the part: 'Item=Sub-Picture Stream' {....}), changing the Stream Number=X, Language=yy and File=zzz.sup) for each video where you need more than 3 subtitle streams.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much for your response, I appreciate it. I will give this a shot.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I was thinking of using the two steps you suggested before I posted my intial question, but I have everything built off of program streams for all my projects.

As far as muxman, I am seeing that I cant use my existing project/MPEG files. I was hoping to use my existing project files in all of this as I have about 90, each of which contain a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 12 titles. I also have found that DVDAuthorGUI allows for the creation of 8 subtitle streams but their frontend is horrible and too limited. I like writing VBS, so I guess I could get started on that, which will auto edit the two files created from GfD. If I get it working OK (if it is even practical), I will post the script for those looking to add more than 3 subtitles. Thanks for your help Borax. Also I don’t fully understand how GNU works (I just know its free) but if it is appropriate, please let me know where I could donate to help support GfD, if donations arent approriate, then thank you so much anyways, GfD is great!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Revisiting a topic that was discussed here a while back, of setting the highlighted menu button back to the previously-selected item when the menu is re-displayed. I had suggested using this menu Pre command (for dvdauthor):

Code:
    if (g1 eq 0) g1=1; button=s4*1024;
    Well, what that really does is set the highlight to the title which was last playing, which isn't necessarily the same thing if there had been a jump to a different title without going through the menu. To actually set the highlight back to the previously-selected button, you can do this:

Code:
    if (g1 eq 0) g1=1; button=s8;
    For MuxMan, the Pre command to set the highlight to the last-playing title would be:

Code:
    Mov GPRM0, SPRM4
    Mul GPRM0, 1024
    SetHL_BTNN HL_BTNN=GPRM0
    Mov GPRM0, 1
    And to set the highlight to the previously-highlighted button:

Code:
    Mov GPRM0, SPRM8
    SetHL_BTNN HL_BTNN=GPRM0
    Mov GPRM0, 1
    System register 4 holds the value of the last-playing title (1, 2, 3, etc), and register 8 holds the value of the last-highlighted button number multiplied by 1024 (1024, 2048, 3072, etc). Note that when using the MuxMan SetHL_BTNN command, if the specified value is an integer it is the actual button number, but if it's a register value (like GPRM0) it is the button number multiplied by 1024. Which had me pretty confused for a while.

Of course, restoring the last-selected button number isn't useful after navigating back through multiple levels of menus.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Recently installed an external DVD drive and an external HDD (USB connections). For some reason the drive letters will periodically change. I haven't researched how to fix that.

But, this did happen and caused a problem with GFD4dvdauthor, as the external HDD is my work area and storage for video files. I was able to adjust the various SETTINGS for file types stored on the external HDD, except for one.

PROBLEM:
    When I rebooted, the external HDD changed from Drive E:\ to Drive F:\.
    I went through the various SETTINGS tabs, clicked on the folder icons and modified the drive letters to F.

On the SETTINGS-PERMANENT tab, for the ISO image path (currently as E:\....), when I click on the folder icon it results in an error message: Run-time error '68': Device unavailable.
    Only response is to click on the 'OK' button in the error dialog window, which causes the application to close.

Also, when I build my GFD project and attempt to run 'Create DVD' I get an error message: Run-time error '75': Path/File access error. Assume this is related to the same erroneous drive/file setting.
    Quote Quote