VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. While using Video Redo for authoring vob/mpg files, I noticed the following serious probems.
    I have opened a movie file with video redo to check for its compatibility. After closing the program I found that all the files in source folder have simply disappeared. Can anybody tell me how to fix this. How the program can delete the source files without the option in the settings. Even after simple viewing of a file, the file gets deleted after closing the program.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    latest version of videoredo?

I would contact videoredo support or ask in their forum.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Phaneendra Rao
    While using Video Redo for authoring vob/mpg files, I noticed the following serious probems.
    I have opened a movie file with video redo to check for its compatibility. After closing the program I found that all the files in source folder have simply disappeared. Can anybody tell me how to fix this. How the program can delete the source files without the option in the settings. Even after simple viewing of a file, the file gets deleted after closing the program.
    The only time I've heard of VideoReDo deleting any files (including source files), has been due to the use of a cracked version.

Where did you obtain VideoReDo from? Have you purchased it, or are you using it as a trial? Presumably you downloaded it - was this from the VideoReDo website?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have used VideoReDo since it first came out. It has NEVER deleted any files. Wonderful program and very inexpensive too. I am using a legal version naturally. The price is only $50.00, a real bargain compared to similar programs.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does it edit out commercials easily? Do you have to set it up to edit the commercials, or point to where the commercials are located by a timeline type of thing, or does it automatically edit them out by some great subroutine that finds them?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by snafubaby View Post
    Does it edit out commercials easily? Do you have to set it up to edit the commercials, or point to where the commercials are located by a timeline type of thing, or does it automatically edit them out by some great subroutine that finds them?
    Come on. You know better than to grave dig.

This is my VRD workflow. I'm not saying that others aren't possible. I mark the sections I want to keep and add them to the clipboard and then join those together.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by snafubaby View Post
    You can set it to automatically detect commercials. I don't know how accurate it is because I've only experimented with that function, but it does work. I believe it detects the black video before & after a commercial. I've always manually scanned in order to make sure I cut exactly where I want. Basically I use either the fast scroll bar or slow scroll bar in order to quickly scan through the video's timeline & watch for the commercials. That's usually fairly quick because commercials are pretty easy to pick out because they typically last several minutes.
    Quote Quote