VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all,

I've imported an hour of video from my DV cam and I want to add chapters, specifically it's a gig I recorded and I want to chapter it between each song.

However I can't work out how to manually chapter, I play through the video and pause it where i'd like to chapter (how I used to do when I used ULEAD DVD WORK SHOP previously) but the Set Disk Chapter option is not selectable.

I had a look around for a guide but couldn't really see anything online. I looked at the help file and it shows me little icons for making chapters but I cannot see these anywhere, as well as flags.....I can't see anything remotely similar to what it's showing me.

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong here? I just don't seem to be able to add chapters into my video.

Can anyone help?

THANKS!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    With Pinnacle Studio, you MUST have a menu loaded on the editing track before it will let you set chapter stops.
    ( I just want chapters, no menu, so I just drag any old menu out of the Menu Album onto the front of the timeline. When the Menu Properties Window displays, you can scroll through your clip and when you get to the desired point, click the "Set Chapter" button on the Properties Window.

(my personal choice is then to render the dvd files to the hard-drive, and then use DVD Shrink in Re-Author mode to Backup Main Title Only, so I still have the chapter stops.
    If you delete the menu while still in Studio, it will delete all the chapters also.
    EDIT --- sorry, meant to say it will delete the chapter markers
    Is this any help?
    Quote Quote  
  3. That was the problem, no menu.

Thanks a lot you helped get rid of my headache!
    Quote Quote