VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello guys I was wondering are they not making anymore new dvd recorders? I heard that Pioneer are not making them anymore and I have not been able to locate anything of JVC anywhere and I am using a Pioneer but if it ever goes junk I only have a Panasonic and I really don't have a problem with the quality the panasonics have but they have some sort of audio problem as too where my pioneer does not. I would not want to buy the other cheap ones they are making like rca and others. Does anyone have info by chance.

Eric
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No direct info, but the major companies are still selling DVRs. Pioneer, if that info is correct, is probably just having their DVRs made by a different manufacturer and they are pasting the Pioneer logo on it before they sell it. This is not uncommon as several DVR companies have their drives made by different manufacturers.

Bottom line, check with the DVR companies to see what they have in the pipeline. There is sometimes a lag before new models come out.

And this really has nothing to do with restoration. Moving you to DVD Recorders.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello thanks for the info sorry about posting in the wrong place.
    Eric
    Quote Quote  
  4. Here's what I heard from Pioneer. The 640 is a Pioneer model but it is their last model. After this one is gone they will not make any more DVD recorders. They will focus on the next gen stuff.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    heman28, check your private messages.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote