VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bougth this dvd player in Brandsmart USA Florida for under $20, what a deal!. I thought it were the same Cyberhome CHDVD 300 because it looks quite the same, and everybody knows that model in particular is sold everywhere under several different brands. I was confident I could use all the hacks posted for that popular Cyberhome. Wrong!

I tried a lot of hacks posted here in VedeoHelp to make it multizone, but I haven't hit the rigth one. If someone has information that can help me, I really appreciate. I'm sure this Etec DVD 2100 is a clone of another model better known.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Even if it is a clone, doesn't mean it is using the same firmware. A "hack" is a way of enabling/disabling features that are present in the firmware but not used or activated. It's quite possible whatever features you are trying to change are locked and the hacks won't work. If there is some specific feature that you require, then find a player that supports it.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try this. It works on the ETEC DVD2300 sold at Brandsmart for $28.
    1. Switch on DVD player
    2. Press OPEN on the remote control
    3. Enter 5168 on the remote control
    4. Choose region 0 (=region free)
    5. Confirm the settings and exit the menu
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Awesome!!!

It works perfectly. Now I can watch my DVD bougth in France.

Thanks so much.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A little off topic, but how is the Etec dvd player you bought? I'm in Florida also and have seen the Etecs in brandsmart for very low prices.. but then it comes back to the "you get what you pay for" - have you had any problems, like the player scratching discs, or pausing sometimes in the middle,etc..?
    The LED display etec is $24.99 at brandsmart new, plus it plays vcds and mp3s and after seeing this post about being able to unlock the region coding, it makes me want it all that more.. Only $25.. but I just dont want to regret it a couple months from now.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    $18.88 was the price for the dvd2100 model in Brandsmart. Doens't have lcd display. It plays everything I've put, including mp3's and crazy videos I've dowloaded from the internet and put in a cd-r. It got optical and s-video outs, it plays smoothly. No problems so far. You do the math, hehe.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Friend!

I also brougth the Etec DVD 2100 in Miami and it is blocked. I tryed the code posted for carlos (at Aug 23) in your forum but does not work... Have one more thing that i can do?

This model don't open in the remote control, the problem is this? Can you help me?

By the way, I'm from brasil, São Paulo...

Tks!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I picked up the DVD2300 as an floor sample, 21.00 bucks at brandsmart here in ATL cuz I needed a cheap Prog-scan player for my extra room, only problem is I didnt get a remote, I tried to search for the codes with a universal remote and I get SOME but not nearly all the function of the player..any one know what maker I should try for the codes on this unit?

thanks
    Ned
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nedj10
    I picked up the DVD2300 as an floor sample, 21.00 bucks at brandsmart here in ATL cuz I needed a cheap Prog-scan player for my extra room, only problem is I didnt get a remote, I tried to search for the codes with a universal remote and I get SOME but not nearly all the function of the player..any one know what maker I should try for the codes on this unit?

thanks
    Ned
    Has anyone got the answer for fabiorcu's query (31st december)?
    I too have a Brandsmart 2100 which does not work in Europe. carlo's tip doesn't work
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i'm struggling with an etec 2258 also bought at brandsmart in miami. bought a DVD there and it worked fine as is. now most DVDs arriving from netflix, however, take forever to load, then register as "bad". i'm assuming it's the rec issue, users manual is no help, so will try carlos' fix, but if anyone else has a 2258-specific solution, i'd appreciate the help. thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MiamiDave
    i'm struggling with an etec 2258 also bought at brandsmart in miami. bought a DVD there and it worked fine as is. now most DVDs arriving from netflix, however, take forever to load, then register as "bad". i'm assuming it's the rec issue, users manual is no help, so will try carlos' fix, but if anyone else has a 2258-specific solution, i'd appreciate the help. thanks!
    sounds like a failing/faulty player. A region 1 player shouldn't need any hacks or updates to play region 1 discs. If it's new, exchange it if you can or have it repaired under warranty.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the heads-up regarding the possibility of etec 2258 being faulty/failing. But I'm still left wondering why some DVDs play consistently fine, others not at all. Been advised my best bet may be to contact etec for a work-around. Trouble is, the users manual omits any contact info (other than a mailing address). Do they offer phone or web support, and if so, where? Thanks again!
    Quote Quote