VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All I want to do is take footage from several DVDs and edit scenes from them into one 5 minute 'highlight reel' of famous movie scenes.

I successfully ripped the .VOB files using DVD Decrypter, but now how do I edit or convert those files into something I can edit? I tried using TMPGEnc DVD Source Creator, but it can't open several of the .VOBs. Is there one program that will rip, and allow me to edit the .VOB files?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. VirtualDubmod can directly open VOBs I think. Otherwise, try DgIndex.

Darryl
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    SmooBG, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tmpgenc DVD Author's add video command will allow you to import from multiple VOB sets, trim and join.

DVD Shrink in Re-author mode will allow you to put all the bits into one disc, but you get no menu, and they will remain in seperate titlessets.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. As guns1inger suggested you can use DVDShrink in Re-author mode but you end up with a seperate titleset for every scene. This means there will be a pause in between each scene.

The reliable method I use requires freeware only... DVDShrink, VOBEdit, IFOEdit, and VobBlanker.

I rip each scene with DVDShrink into seperate folders titled 'Scene 1', 'Scene 2', etc.

Then I use VOBEdit and IFOEdit to merge the VOBs into one titleset using this detailed yet simple guide http://members.dodo.net.au/~jimmalenko/test.htm

Then I run the resulting titleset through VobBlanker using the default settings and there is no pause in between the scenes.

Anthony
    Quote Quote