VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I currently have Premiere and have the opportunity to get a free full version of PowerDirector. I have heard PowerDirector is pretty good and easier to use than Premiere. Just wondering if I can get some opinions from people. Thanks!!!

Jason
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Comparing Premiere and PowerDirector, is like comparing a volkswagon to a Ferrari. Both will get you there, but one has all the bells, whistles, and performance, and the other doesn't. Power Director is a basic consumer level product, and Premiere is a semi-professional product. If you are just playing with recorded tv footage and making movies, then Power Director would probably be just fine. If you want to do a lot of editing, special effects, and have control over your bitrate, and video and audio settings, Premiere is the best (or one of the best).
    Rob
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Up today: Cyberlink Power Director 9 is now a Lamborghini Diablo compared to Adobe Premiere Elements Ferrari. If you a Mac user, then use Premier, but if you have a PC, don’t think it twice (PD9). http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/index.html

Cheers, Nicolas
    Quote Quote  
  4. Here's how those "top ten" review sites work: the more you pay us the higher we rate you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can download demos for both. See which matches your style.
    Last edited by edDV; 15th Dec 2010 at 19:04.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by harley2ride View Post
    Comparing Premiere and PowerDirector, is like comparing a volkswagon to a Ferrari. Both will get you there, but one has all the bells, whistles, and performance, and the other doesn't. Power Director is a basic consumer level product, and Premiere is a semi-professional product. If you are just playing with recorded tv footage and making movies, then Power Director would probably be just fine. If you want to do a lot of editing, special effects, and have control over your bitrate, and video and audio settings, Premiere is the best (or one of the best).
    Hi everyone I'm new, seem like this post is 2006 is this still valid?

I found this on the net showing Adobe Premiere Elements = Consumer, Prosumer lvl. While PowerDirector 11 Ultimate = Professional lvl?
    http://video-editing.findthebest.com/compare/41-154/Adobe-Premiere-Elements-vs-Cyberli...or-11-Ultimate

I also understand in the compare it doesn't say Adobe Premiere Elements have green screen editing while on
    http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/premiere-elements-review.html
    The Verdict: 9.35/10This video editing software allows you to add many video and audio clips if you want. You can also perform green screen editing and fine-tune your audio tracks

Also in Premiere 11 they removed the object tracking tools , and no 3D editing.

This is a compare of Premiere Elements 11(list price around $99) vs PowerDirector 11 Ultimate(list price around $130)
    Please don't be confuse with Adobe Premiere Pro(list price around $650) they all on sale now so price may vary.

Is PowerDirector 11 Ultimate a clear winner?

Please add to this and me know. Thanks!
    Last edited by TeckBio; 26th Aug 2013 at 02:55.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Compared to Premiere Pro, Power Director is trash. If you're talking Premiere Elements vs Power Director I'd give the edge to Elements, but they're both low-power apps. For the really heavy effects you allude to, go with After Affects Pro.
    Quote Quote