VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Here is my first problem: http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=22656. I found that the thread was exactly fitting my problem so I decided to redirect it to you guys and add some comments to clarify the issue. Second problem is of little concern and only happens when using DXMAN. Some days ago, I wanted to get rid of a few Nero Plugins and went through the usual uninstallation process. Then wanting to make sure everything was uninstalled, I performed a few checks. First thing I noticed when using Sherlock, was that two of my Nero Plugins codec files were missing. This was normal due to the fact I uninstalled them. So I tried removing those missing file issues using DXMAN, but uninstalled Nero 7 first and then nothing would happen when trying to uninstall the plugins with DXMAN. Then I used Nero's General Clean Tool to remove all Nero's registries entries, came back to DXMAN and the missing files were still there even if Sherlock would tell me everything was uninstalled. So is it just DXMAN or am I really unable to completely get rid of the plugins?
    Quote Quote  
  2. No one can help?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It looks like the VideoLan forum covered a lot of the possible cures or causes. I run VLC on several different computers and I haven't seen that behavior. I also use Zoom Player. I rarely use WMP or MPC. It sounds like there is a particular set of circumstances or settings that are causing it, maybe someone else here has encountered it.

The Nero problem may be a byproduct of Nero 7. It seems to have had quite a few bugs, mostly cured, but a few may remain. I still run 6.6 and have no urge to upgrade unless forced.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have no idea what I'm doing, but solved the choppy video by installing the Code K-Lite package. Left all the default setting since I don't know anything.

Everything plays perfectly now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would try ccleaner to flush any leftovers from the registry, which may or may not fix your DXMan problems.

I would not, under any circumstances, install a codec pack.

I certainly haven't experienced any playback issues with VLC, however I usually use The KM Player now anyway. That said, VLC is regularly updated, so make sure you are running the latest version.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by emptyset
    I have no idea what I'm doing, but solved the choppy video by installing the Code K-Lite package. Left all the default setting since I don't know anything.

Everything plays perfectly now.
    Some people buy a lottery ticket and win a lot of money. Most people don't. You are one of the lucky few who have had K-Lite actually solve a problem. The vast majority of posts here about it require people to uninstall it to fix problems. It almost never solves any problems.
    Quote Quote