VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just purchased the Epson R 220, and I was wondering about the a setting in the Epson Print CD Program. I use inkjet printable Ritek G05 Media, it is hub printable. What do I set the print settings at. At the moment it is set up for media that isn't hub printable. I am not sure I am describing this right. The surface of the DVD has a white printable surface except for the tiny hole in the middle that is there so it will fit on the spindle.

What do I set the Inner & Outer Diameter mm settings at? Thank you in advance for any information you can give me on this topic.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not at my home machine at the moment, but I believe mine is set to about 18mm inner diameter...

The easiest way to set yours would be to just get a ruler and measure across the disc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tom

I have the R200 and love it. I know the 220 ( and the other models like the 320 & 340 ) are all similar in design, just some have more bells and whistles.
    The included software is fairly intuitive and you will get quite familiar with it if you just tinker and poke around some.
    The inner and outer diameter settings can usually be set and left alone, they are determined by careful measurement of the printable area on the discs you are using. I find that the outer diameter is usually 117 or 118 millimeters and the inner is anywhere from 23 to 35 mm, depending on your media. Get a clear 150 or 300 mm scale (ruler) and lay it across a disc and check the dimensions.
    Don't forget there is a cardboard template included with the printer to set up the printer alignment too.
    I can't remember if you can change the settings for media surface type for discs or not ( I am at work right now ) but I don't think I have ever changed it anyway.
    One thing I have found through trial and error was the quality of the print on your disc is very dependant on the image. I don't mean resolution, I mean the image size and whether it is centered correctly, etc. I have developed quite a little routine to clean up the moire and noise of images and to crop the image to a perfectly round and centered image. This will give you the best possible disc print of a DVD disc image you have found on the web.
    If I get some free time I will document and post a quick tutorial on what I have learned.

If you do a search here on VH you will find many references to the Epson 200/300 printers detailing what people have learned about making them work the best they can.

Have fun, JeeDub
    Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't after you . . .
    JeeDub
    Quote Quote  
  4. I use a Epson R320.
    I believe you will find that the lowest inner hub setting permitted by the program is 20mm.
    That is what I use on my Benq hub-printable media and it works fine.
    My Ritek G05 media that is not hub printable uses a 117mm outer setting.
    However my Benq hub printable media uses 119mm outer.
    120mm is the maximum outer setting allowed.

Experimenting a bit will help you fine tune your particular printer/media combination.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Best setting for Ritek full-face printable = Internal Diameter 21mm, External Diameter 119mm.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thank you solarfox, JeeDub, Rich86 & bidefordboy for taking the time to answer my question.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Tom Saurus
    I just purchased the Epson R 220, and I was wondering about the a setting in the Epson Print CD Program. I use inkjet printable Ritek G05 Media, it is hub printable. What do I set the print settings at. At the moment it is set up for media that isn't hub printable. I am not sure I am describing this right. The surface of the DVD has a white printable surface except for the tiny hole in the middle that is there so it will fit on the spindle.

What do I set the Inner & Outer Diameter mm settings at? Thank you in advance for any information you can give me on this topic.
    Here are the measurements for the popular media
    https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=253367

In the print CD program just click on the CD with the arrows in it on the left hand side to access the inner and outer mm settings
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote