VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello people

I got a Targa MP3/Video player - MP3 H2010 ( if needed I’ll post the link to the machine)
    That only plays Motion JPEG video.
    I’ve ask them for help but the answer was :
    “The supported formats are indeed Motion JPEG AVI, Motion JPEG MOV. Mpeg4 is not supported … go to w w w . codecs . com.”
    Not very elucidative.

So I searched your forum for help but didn’t find anything like this question:

How to convert video files ( for instance Avi files) to Motion JPEG files, to play them in the player.

Many thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Install for example PICVideo MJPEG

Convert with Virtualdub,
    open the video
    select video->compression and choose the picvideo mjpeg
    select audio->compression and choose mp3 if it is supported
    last file->save avi.

you may to have resize to lower resolution also, under video->filters in virtualdub.

Or try SUPER, it may have some mjpeg codec settings also.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SUPER should since libavcodec does. Also there is ffdshow if you want a free VfW replacement for PICVideo.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many thanks for the tutorial,
    Gona try it

If got problems I'll get to U again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SUPER does output mjpeg in the AVI container
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well here I am again,

After almost 1 day of work ( the problem is that my daughter and me are in different fiscal places & testing over Inet so there are lots of dl/ul time lost) The basted doesn’t recognize the movie test.

Here the History:
    I got the codec PICVideo MJPEG and Virtualdub,
    Installed both
    And use Vdub to convert ( as you told me) resize and cut the MPG clip to the AVI
    Finally I check with Gspot that it was all right, and it seem ok

After uploading it to my daughter she told me that the basted targa says that the video type is not compatible

I have uploaded the files ( Initial mpg and final avi) to rapidshare
    If anyone can give a look to see if I’m missing something I appreciate

Thanks to every one already involved.

Link:
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/25210153/StupidTarga.zip.html
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A sample of a working file to compare would probably be more useful than the source mpg.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now it’s my last chance of Net over weekend, By Monday Ill try to upload a working small clip.
    (I'll use a digital camera)
    Best weekend to all you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As celtic_druid suggest I’ve upload a small movie (taken by a camera) that works on the Targa machine
    Its image is relay bad but doesn’t care because was taken from TV just for example.

The link is
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/25438211/PICT0700.AVI.html
    Note1: both files, first posted and this one now are really small.

Note2 : the converted file (El_crack_de_la_oficina1.avi) only shows the first frame and the player stop responding and have to restart it.

Thanks for helping
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been developping an application working with mencoder to convert videos to many different formats and i have just included an mjpeg output profile, the program is Movie Library ++ http://www.mandeldev.co.uk/EN/downloads.html and it will convert almost any video to an avi using mjpeg codec and mp3 sound with the resolution and bitrate you choose so try it out let me know if it works.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    djagt3: PLEASE stop dig up old topics. We know that you have a new tool out now.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I found http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/ to be easiest. I got a working mjpeg file on my first try. Now I have video on my Sony Digital Frame DPF-D820
    Quote Quote  
  13. here is a short tutorial on the software mentioned above: http://www.ehow.com/how_5539563_convert-avi-motion-jpeg.html
    Quote Quote  
  14. video/audio quality is low, but for our purposes we just need to find out if your Sony Digital Frame DPF-D820 frame can playback mjpeg. so here goes:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0ByVrqkwNw_qbMGFmOGU1NjktMWU5Zi00OTIwLWE0NGUtYzQ2OWVkZjk1YTVh&hl=en

or just click Download (109 MB)

1. download
    2. copy to sd card or usb drive
    3. video should just playback once u connect the media with the file above to your Sony Digital Frame DPF-D820.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am having difficulty converting to the M-JPEG format that my Sony DPF-D830 photo frame can read. I have downloaded the jump video recommended on this thread above and can play it OK. But when I convert an AVI file from my Canon camera using AVIDEMUX the photoframe does not recognise it - it says there are no files on the USB stick.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's OK. I discovered that AVIDEMUX doesn't put a file suffix on the file - unlike almost every other program I can think of. Adding .AVI fixed things.
    Quote Quote  
  17. ffmpeg -i %1 -vcodec mjpeg -s 640x240 -b:v 768k -acodec libmp3lame -ar 44100 -b:a 128k -f avi %1.avi
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    ffmpeg -i %1 -vcodec mjpeg -s 640x240 -b:v 768k -acodec libmp3lame -ar 44100 -b:a 128k -f avi %1.avi
    The command line worked great, only changed resolution to 640x480
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by infide1 View Post
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    ffmpeg -i %1 -vcodec mjpeg -s 640x240 -b:v 768k -acodec libmp3lame -ar 44100 -b:a 128k -f avi %1.avi
    The command line worked great, only changed resolution to 640x480
    Should be more versatile one...

Code:
    @ffmpeg.exe -threads %NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%*1.5 -i %1 -vf "scale='if(gt(a,4/3),640,-1)':'if(gt(a,4/3),-1,480)':sws_flags=spline+accurate_rnd+full_chroma_int+full_chroma_inp,pad=640:480:(ow-iw)/2:0" -c:v mjpeg -b:v 768.0k -dc 8 -af "aformat=sample_fmts=fltp,pan=stereo|FL < FL + 1.414FC + .5BL + .5SL + 0.25LFE|FR < FR + 1.414FC + .5BR + .5SR + 0.25LFE,aresample=resampler=soxr:osr=44100:cutoff=0.990,aformat=sample_fmts=fltp:channel_layouts=stereo" -c:a libmp3lame -ar 44100 -b:a 128.0k -f avi %1.avi
    Quote Quote