VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    since you guys are talking about the liteons I'll mention that I have a 5005 and an ilo 04, both hacked, both record from any source. Also another juicy tidbit not alot of ppl know, the Ilo 04 had a weird glitch where you press the record button, then pause it, play your source, the cancel symbol will pop up like it was saying it cant copy, but wait a few seconds and it disappears, then press pause on the recorder and it records. It doesnt work with the 5005 though, and other ppl have confirmed this trick for their ilo 04, in fact I learned about it from someone else.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Firmware hacks work for the Daytek P-30 if you convert it to a Liteon 5001. I have been using mine this way for months now. Still working great after I replaced the burner with an LG 4040B....
    Quote Quote  
  3. just thought I would chime in here I know its old but I encountered this old tech again recently (easily bypassed) and figured I would add info.

macrovision does nothing to the tape or the video. it does not add a strobe effect or anything to the video.

what it does is "activate" circuitry in your VCR that then "adds" this effect or simply refuses to copy.

ie they lobbied our government STOLE our property from us and "hacked" it to legally mandate the insertion of this circuitry.

this is why a "hacked firmware" can resolve it. your essentially telling your recorder to "ignore" the "ruin" this copy circuitry built into it.

video stabilizers do not stabilize ANYTHING they simply remove the activation signal so your "scrambler" that your government forced onto you does not get turned on.

ingenious if not evil scheme actually.

Go Video VCR's have this "stabilizer" built in. I keep one handy for just this purpose.

to prove this point? plug in a pre 1981 VCR (I think thats the year)

WOW magic it can copy a protected VHS or DVD without anything special. wow hehe

the macrovision copy protection is HARDWARE (ie its IN YOUR RECORDING DEVICE)

the signal they add to the video simply "turns on" this function built into your recorder by law.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I may have stumbled into an answer. I use an AGPTek VGA to analog converter (playing the DVD on my now dead Compaq desktop) and copied first run VERY recent movies. It seems that the digital signal loses the copy protection. I have copied "Fast Five" and the latest "Transformers" movie that way. Now I'm curious if the HDMI to analog converter will do the same. Perhaps that is the reason that DVD recorders never have HDMI inputs (?). The AGPTek converter is a bit clumsy to use, but an HDMI to analog converter could be left hooked up and recording should be via remote controls only. I always try to find a way around everything...I even had a "back door" into the Whitehouse website, but they've closed it now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    nobody is really dopey enough to play dvd out as analog vga and then capture it are they? dvd is digital, all that's needed is to copy the video_ts folder off of the dvd to the computer hard drive using dvdfab decrypter or anydvd running in the background.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'll do anything to save some movies. I am really dissappointed that when I BUY a movie streamed from iTunes or Amazon, I still need website permission to play it. Even Blockbuster will not allow dumping the movie to flash drive and replaying it. I'm sure the future of movies at home will be flash drive, but it doesn't work now. As someone pointed out, Windows OS will not allow saving movies to flash drive. It sure would be nice to have a pile of drives to plug in and play. My DVD player (Philips DVP 3560) has a usb port, if I can get anything but home movies to play in it. Remember, as we figure out a way around copy protection, Hollywood will find new ways. As I understand it, it is technically illegal to PLAY a movie in the USA that is not licensed here. I have never had a problem copying a PAL DVD from Europe. Sometimes you can get an American movie cheap in PAL....like $5 for "Last of the Dogmen". BTW, when I lived there, I called the FBI office in Louisville, KY and an agent told me that they DO NOT care if you copy a movie for friends or neighbors. "We will not arrest you". I'm going to look into that software.......
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to Aedipuss for the tip on the software. I just downloaded it, and as soon as my external DVD drive arrives from Anaheim, I'll give it a try. I hope that I'll be able to shift movies to flash drive and make copies from there.
    Quote Quote