VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi ive got vlc media player and i wanted to know how i can capture still images from the video to save as .jpg etc

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When you've got a video file or stream loaded, there should be a 'Snapshot' entry in the Video menu. (If you're playing the video in fullscreen mode, look for it in the right-click context menu.)

Under XP, the snapshots are apparently saved to your My Pictures directory (I'm not sure how to change this, or where the snapshots would be saved on a Mac, or under Linux - I don't have my Mac immediately available to test. ). I think it only saves in PNG format files, though... looking at the options, I found a dropdown for 'Image Format,' but the version of VLC I have installed only gives me 'PNG' as a choice.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok i found that they were being saved to my pictures, also can i choose how big the snapshot is?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I couldn't find an option to set the size of the resulting snapshots. You're probably better off using IrfanView, or whatever you're using to view/process your images, to rescale your snapshots after they're created.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote