VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My apologies if this was answered before, but i dont find any suitable answer when making a search.

I have a AVI file with audio dessincronized.

Is there any tool that can repair this ??

rgds.hilario.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can alter the delay with Virtualdubmod - Streams->Stream List->Right-click->Interleaving->Audio Skew

You could also look at syncview
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You could also try AVUmux_GUI.
    Follow instruction on this page:

https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=1338598#1338598

Mark
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    You can alter the delay with Virtualdubmod - Streams->Stream List->Right-click->Interleaving->Audio Skew

You could also look at syncview
    Ok i followed the steps but when I come to "interleaving" I dont see "Audio skew "!!!

pls explain.

tks.hilario.

P.s. Tried SyncView, but didnt work.I think there's a small cut on the movie just at the very beggining and I think this is the reason for video not being synchronized.!!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi-

...when I come to "interleaving" I dont see "Audio skew "!!!

If you don't see Preload, Interleave, and Audio Skew Correction, then maybe you're not using VDubMod, as guns1inger suggested.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Both virtualdub and mod have audio scew ... just in slightly different menu position's .

CTRL + I ... new window , down the bottom is " audio scew" .

Audio scew is used to move audio backward's / forward's ... used only if audio is in constant de-sync'd time value .

Ie : alway's 5 second's before or after ... use audio scew to fix ... use full value's or with "-" .

========================================

If audio is gaining , getting further ahead as video play's ... this is normally caused by video convertor's that stuff up .

Such as in 24fps to 25fps ... this cause's the video to speed up slightly , and get's worse the longer it play's .

Super has no 24fps option .

In such case , super output as avi .
    Open avi in vdub .
    CTRL + R .
    Source rate adjustment = 24

Video to "direct stream copy"
    Audio to "direct stream copy"

Note : if audio recompression is required , you can do this here now if required .

Save as avi with new name .

You will now have audio sync returned .

==========================

Many frame rate conversion program's stuff this up ... ulead video studio seem's to do this without problem's .

Audio that gain's , getting further ahead the longer it play's ... you need to change frame rate to higher fps value in the same manner as explained above using vdub .

The one that is a right pain is those unsync'd capture's ... goldwave is one of the better audio editor's but you would need to know how far out the audio is either way ... Yet it is best to cure this from the start .

Avi info can help to determine the audio time value's you could then apply back in goldwave ... but beyond this it's trial and error .
    Quote Quote  
  7. Did you try AVIMux GUI yet? It will do the adjusmtent for you without you having to worry about it.
    Mark
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to all of you guys.

I will try the best solution and will come back with results.
    hilario.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have avi video clip which the audio plays earlier than video , I use Virtual Dub and then I go to audio menu and choose interleaving and adjust them , but when I go to file menu and choose ," save as Avi ... " and then again when I play it , it has the same problem as before what should I do to save the changes that I have made in interleaving ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi-

Interleaving doesn't have anything to do with fixing out of synch audio. You have to adjust the "Audio Skew", or "Delay". Right screen, but wrong box.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know I changed the Audio Skew ( that is in the interleaving menu ) but any change that I make i can't save it ? for example when I change the audio skew to 3500 and then I choose " save as avi ... " again when I open the file it has the same problem as before .
    Quote Quote  
  12. Did you save the AVI under a new name? You have to write out the fixed AVI completely, using Direct Stream Copy for both the audio and video. a 3500 ms delay is a big delay (3 and a half seconds) and should be immediately noticeable in the new AVI.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes I did it , I save it as a new name , but after saving I play it again and no changing in Audio ?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How are you playing it ? ... did you run the new avi ?

Do not play clips in virtualdub or mod ... The audio will start to lag ... it's not designed for that function ... use another program for playback of the newly created clip only .

You have to set video / audio to direct stream copy before you use the interleaving feature or it wont set .
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks I did it and it worked I used nandub and what u said .
    Quote Quote  
  16. is there a way to synch audio in a .mp4 file ?
    Quote Quote