VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was going by LordSmurf's guide for using MPEG Streamclip to edit the video from a DVD recorder, but when I save it as a .MPEG file, there's no sound.

Wender reported the same problem here: https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=1248990&highlight=#1248990

Any idea what's up and/or how to fix it? I take it that saving as DV and then importing to iDVD would re-encode, right?

Thanks!
    -David
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm having a similar problem. I've used streamclip successfully for over a year but for some reason today when I tried to convert a quicktime video to MP4 I get video but no audio. I've checked all of the settings and preferences but can't seem to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.
    Please respond to tammypr@aol.com
    Thank you.
    Tammy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tammypr View Post
    I tried to convert a quicktime video to MP4 [using mpeg streamclip]. I get video but no audio.
    What kind of QuickTime video? What video codec? What audio codec?
    Do you get audio when playing in QuickTime Player?
    Do you get audio when playing in MPEG Streamclip?
    What version of MPEG Streamclip?

There was a bug with MPEG Streamclip after Mac OS X 10.6.3 update/QuickTme 7.6.6 update, which could cause loss of audio when working with MPEG files. MPEG Streamclip 1.9.3b3 fixed that (but lost YouTube compatibility). See News section on its website.

Originally Posted by Tammypr
    Please respond by email
    You post here, and you get replies here. That's how the forum works, so that other may benefit in similar situations.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tammypr View Post
    I'm having a similar problem. I've used streamclip successfully for over a year but for some reason today when I tried to convert a quicktime video to MP4 I get video but no audio. I've checked all of the settings and preferences but can't seem to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.
    Please respond to tammypr@aol.com
    Thank you.
    Tammy
    Did you recently do something that would have affected your ~ /Library/Quicktime folder?
    something that may have removed /renamed/ disabled the MPEG-2 plugin for Quicktime?
    I had this happen in upgrading FCS versions, and simply re-installing the plug-in
    fixed the issue.
    "Everyone has to learn, so that they can one day teach."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    When I'm not here, Where can I be found?
    Urban Mac User
    Quote Quote