VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have looked everywhere but cannot find a DVD Media ID tool for Mac users.

Does one exist and which one do you recommend?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thanks, don't know how I missed that one.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i don't mean to dig up an old thread, but this is the first result that shows up in google when searching for how to find the media id of a disc on a mac. i just wanted to post for anyone trying to figure this out in the future. neither of the above mentioned programs are necessary; you can simply find the media id by putting the disc in your drive and going to system profiler then to disc burning. if a disc is in the drive it will display the supported burning speeds and types of discs as well as the media id of the disc that is currently in the drive.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by interconnect View Post
    …on a mac; you can simply find the media id by putting the disc in your drive and going to system profiler then to disc burning. if a disc is in the drive it will display the supported burning speeds and types of discs as well as the media id of the disc that is currently in the drive.
    Super Zombie thread, but wanted to thank the OP. This even works today in MacOS Ventura. Thanks!
    Quote Quote