VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,everybody.....i'm new to this forum...dont know where to post this doubt.
    I got a vcd,but can't copy it to hard disk or duplicate it with nero.
    when i open the cd drive folder found two dos programmes named install.bat and uninstall.bat
    For playing the vcd in windows media player we must install the install.bat,after that the vedios can b played.
    it's shown"dllregisterserverin C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\IndyVcd.ax succeeded"RegSvr32.while we copy through explorer to hard disk only shortcuts are creatin.
    also inside the mpegav folder only files with 1kb each are present.another folder named system is present
    inside which there are two additional files (first file and last file) other than the vedios are present.they are named BAD50MB.
    also inside the cd drive folder there are two auto run files,indymp3.idt,indyvcd.ax,install.bat,uninstall .bat and the readme file other than ordinary vcd files and folders

i'm enclosing the readme file which autoruns when i insert the vcd:-

Instructions
    ------------

1. Run Install.bat from CD.
    2. Using Windows Media Player open the files in MPEGAV directory
    3. For uninstalling run uninstall.bat.

Note:- Supports Windows Media Player, WinAmp

Please make sure you have the latest DirectX package installed.

how can i copy the vcd.....someone help me out plz.........waiting for the replies....
    "Catch Me If You Can"-AnNaN!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    For an exact copy?
    Try CloneCD
    Follow the instructions TO THE LETTER....meaning "let CloneCD close the drive tray for you".
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might look here: https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=300404

I'm not sure if anyone came up with a usable solution using a computer. But as mentioned, CloneCD is worth trying. If all else fails, you could play it on a standalone player and record it back to the computer.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Moderators - This quesiton keeps coming up every week just about. It probably should be a sticky note in the VCD section.

India is using a type of VCD copy protection that we don't understand. This is because, to be blunt, most of us don't live in India and we're not very interested in Indian VCDs. This copy protection violates VCD standards. It's going to take someone in India to figure it out, or other countries (ie. Hong Kong) are going to have to start using it so that sample discs can be easily obtained by people who are very familiar with the VCD format. We don't have a solution for you. Sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Can you post a list of the files and folders on the disc with sizes and names with extensions? Post also all the text which can be read in Notepad. For example if you open the .bat files in notepad you should see the commands written there.
    Obviously install.bat registers indivcd.ax and copies it to system32 folder and uninstall.bat unregisters it. Then it is a file which can "unwrap" the video, make it accesible to WMP. Just my thoughts.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It looks like the install.bat batch file is registering an activeX component that is required to view the video files. This allows WMP to see the video files. Someone will have to reverse engineer this control to see what it actually does.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This wouldn't be a VCD then, since there's no way this will work on a plain VCD player available in Asia.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi mr.kschang.it's a vcd i played it on a normal vcd player.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But it has some stuff that prevents it to load on a PC?

Does it play on a Mac, I wonder?
    Quote Quote  
  10. My guess is they are hiding the DAT filespen it in IsoBuster,if you see AVSEQ0x.DAT files then you should be able to rip them.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Annan
    it's a vcd i played it on a normal vcd player.
    Have you tried it on a dvd player.

vcd4ever.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ya it works on aany player i had tested many. also itz a commercial disc.isobuster cant copy the files showing error in each frames.i encode it using dr.divx and nero recode the files are copied but it lost its quality alittle bit...any other idea ???

FILES AND FOLDER INSIDE THE VCD:-

CDI -1.55MB
    EXT -80KB
    MPEGAV -18KB
    SEGMENT -0
    SYSTEM -526MB
    VCD -70KB
    1STAUTORUNEXPRESSLAUNCHER -470KB
    AUTORUN -2KB
    INDYMP3.IDT -2KB
    INDYVCD.AX -88KB
    INSTALL -2KB
    README -2KB
    UNINSTALL -2KB
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm guessing it's something that controls disc access. .AX is some sort of a DX filter. I've seen CD Mode2 drivers install as .AX before, so that may be what these guys are doing. I'd say unreg the INDYVCD.AX and try IsoBuster again, as that .AX may have something that interferes with reading disks.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Annan,
    After seeing your last post it looks like the VCD installs a program to hide the files,if unreg the files doesn't work then click on 'Uninstall'.Insert the disc again while holding the shift key(or disable autorun) and try IsoBuster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So this "VCD" installs something like a virus. How quaint.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  16. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Annan:

post the contents of install.bat and uninstall.bat, i want to see just what they are doing that allows the vcd to play.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i agree with u
    it can solve with latest ver of isobuster
    and open video converter
    this converter make it an avi file make sure u have divx codecs
    add file in open video converter by cd rom it will rip the video file from MPEGAV directory
    after this convert it into vcd with all video converter
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi.......just run it in vcd cutter....and cut it.....save it ...then u convert the saved file to vcd in nero ..it works.....pls let me know about the cd......its a little bit tricky....

all the best

RAku
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok
    Quote Quote