VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    whats the best way to edit music video audio because i cant get it to sond good like the ones i use to download off the net the
    Quote Quote  
  2. Are you capturing these music video's yourself?
    If so...
    What hardware are you using for capture?
    What software are you capturing with?
    What format for audio are you capturing to?
    What is the bitrate for the audio you are capturing?

If your working with audio alone and your captures sound good and you just want to edit them for free try Audacity. For MP3's you also will need the Lame encoder.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hauppauge-150
    wintv2000
    wintv wave

and im stuck in mono cant use stereo at all
    Quote Quote  
  4. If the audio bitrate is 224 then your not capturing to PCM audio (lossless). Try changing the settings in Wintv2000 to PCM wave. This will give you the best quality you can capture to.
    Also if you just want the audio and not the video try using Audacity and just capture the audio through your sound card and not through the tv tuner card. Take the line out of your cable box (if you have one) or out the back of a VCR (if you have one). You'll have Stereo sound and it should sound great and not like AM radio.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    how do i use pcm wave i dont see it any where
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    rmr - I don't believe it is possible to record audio in WAV (a.k.a. PCM) format with your card. That's why you don't see the option. Unclebud is not familiar with your card, which is why he suggested this. Your card will only capture MPEG audio.

Try using a very high bit rate, such as 320 or 352. We don't know what your source is, but I will warn you that if I try to record something from a VCR, it sounds like crap. I always have hum that I can't remove. I've tried every normal method to eliminate the hum (different power sources, etc.) and nothing works. Fortunately, I rarely need to record from old videotapes.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    sorry to go off a little here but jman did you try using a 60hz notch filter? this should resolve ground loop hum.
    Quote Quote