VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This dvd is in a whole series of dvds and just this one wont work at all. When I enter it in the computer (i use comp to play dvds) it'll recognize it as a dvd, but no software will play it. When trying to rip, it comes up with corrupt sectors (I've tried for 2 weeks with dozens of ripping software, all give different problems). I was finally able to rip a crude iso (ignoring udf) of it, and then extracted the iso to a video_ts folder, keeping almost around the same file size.

I remember I fixed a dvd like this before, using some dvd software I had, but I completely forgot which. I'm not good at authoring at all, so I was curious can anyone recommend a program that I can perhaps load the video_ts.ifo and it can fix it? I know theres not much to do about the corrupt sectors, but I know something in the video_ts.ifo is wrong, because, for example, when I load it up in ifoedit and try to click on "dvd play", it says "DVD Warning: An illegal navigation command was encounted". Anything I can do about this? Thank in advance for any help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Rip it to the HD then try FixVTS .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have the entire VIDEO_TS folder on your hard drive, try renaming the *.ifo to something else, then rename the *.bup files to *.ifo. Not sure if it will work...

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote  
  4. Worst come to worst, you only need to have VOB files and use IfoEdit to re-create the IFO and BUP files.
    ktnwin - PATIENCE
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ahh great, I knew a simple lil prog like that would be out there somewhere =D Thanks for the help guys. I tried FixVTS and it just threw it all together just like the original (well, I mean how it should be, it's a box set of anime and now it's identical to how all the others are).

Now the secondary issue: since the original dvd was bad/corrupt, I can only assume i ripped these corrupt sectors (proper term?) to HD as well, and the now fixed video_ts.ifo will now be pointing to this. Is there any way to fix/replace these corrupt parts? Even replacing them with a blank picture/data or something, so at least my software dvd player wont freeze up and stutter/crash when playing it perhaps? Hopefully this is possible, but not sure myself. Thnx again for any recommendations.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would try playing it. You might find you just get moements of image or audio breakup, but otherwise it's OK.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Downloaded a DVD but could not edit. Using Ifoedit ( opening each IFO, bottom left button, and then saving to another location ) I had one IFO that was corrupt ( title ifo ) . Although the DVD must have been decrypted to allow a copy, I used FABdecrypter Express to decrypt/copy to another location on my hard drive. I could then edit with Tmpgenc Author as usual.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jacklimpin
    Downloaded a DVD but could not edit. Using Ifoedit ( opening each IFO, bottom left button, and then saving to another location ) I had one IFO that was corrupt ( title ifo ) . Although the DVD must have been decrypted to allow a copy, I used FABdecrypter Express to decrypt/copy to another location on my hard drive. I could then edit with Tmpgenc Author as usual.
    Damn dude, you do realize this topic is almost 4 years old?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wasn't replying to that initial post, just adding another solution I found yesterday 24/01/10. This post came up when I searched for a solution yesterday 24/01/10 so assumed others may find this post in the future, even though it is several years old. If my reply only helps one other person, then it was worth it.
    Quote Quote