VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an odd question, how can i get the input from my usb tv box (external video card) to play upside down? I have one of those fresnel lenses that turn your tv or monitor into a projector but unfortunatly they also invert the picture. I am using my laptop screen so i can't just flip it upside down but want to know if there is a way to get my monitor to playback everything upside down. Another thing i'd like to try is if there is any software that would take the input from the tv box and play it upside down. I don't want it to be permanent, just something i can turn on and off without damaging the computer, right now the tv box uses windvr 3 to playback everything. So any help would be appriciated.

PS: I have windows xp OS and ATI mobility radeon 9000 IGP, so if there's any internal settings that'll let me make everything appear upside down please let me know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, if you use the ATI Mobilitey Catalyst driver, rotating the screen 180 degrees is an option.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you use Videolan software player (VLC), you can go into Settings -> Preferences -> Video -> Filters. Add the Video Transform filter and save. Then go into Transform Type and select "Rotate by 180 Degrees". Save. Play your video upside down. Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    XVID decoder has an option to flip the video, but I think it only applies to things using the XVID codec.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found a tool called irotate which flips the screen completely and seems to work. I just want to know if using it regularly could damage any parts in the computer such as the graphics card? This videolan tool sounds promising and i think i'll give it a try. Does anyone know if it will except the streaming input from my usb tv box and continue playing it on the screen? If it does can i also change the playback window size to any ratio so it will resize the video as it is recieved and continue outputting it?

PS: Thanks for all the quick replies and helpful tips.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I confess I never tried to do what you're asking.

However. Under Settings -> Preferences -> Stream Output, you'll see that VLC can act as a streaming server, also save incoming streams. And yes, you can resize. So I suspect you can make it work for you. But have a look, only you can say if it will be suitable for your purpose. Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well thankyou all for your wonderful advice, i'd probably still be bumbling around on google if it weren't for good forums like these. I'm downloading videolan now and will try it out soon. I'll let you know how it works out for me too. Once more thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well thank you for everything, the videolan vlc player does accept the input from my tv box so all has worked out fine. I've made a desktop image of a 20cm 16:9 screen so that only this bit of my screen shows up on the projector screen otherwise if i used my whole screen the image would just be to big. For playing dvds i find it easy to just use intervideo windvd and irotate but for the tv box vlc is what i use. So once more thankyou for all your help.
    Quote Quote