VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

I have recently taken delivery of a new computer ... I want to capture a load of old Hi8 family videos & bought the ADS DVDXpress external capture device, as well as an extra external hard drive for saving the captures to & gold plated leads ....

There were 3 programmes included with the hardware ... on disc 1 is Capwiz 3.5 & uLead DVD MovieFactory 3, and on disc 2 is uLead VideoStudio 8.

Problem is ... disc 1 just will not read at all. Disc 2 is fine & VideoStudio 8 has installed. I have been to the ADS website & downloaded "CapWiz 3.61 with drivers", but when I go to run CapWiz, it tells me that "the USB driver for CapWiz has not been installed. CapWiz will not be able to preview or record without a compatible USB driver installed"....

How do I install these drivers? How do I capture? I'm pulling my fast receding hair out now!

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it!

Ian
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The new drivers are included in the CapWiz install program, however it apparently MUST detect the old drivers before it will install the new ones. Try this: download the old drivers (the ones for Capwiz 3.5), and extract them to a folder somehwere. Then go to Control Panel/System/Harware and remove DVDXPress. Disconnect it and reboot your PC. Plug in the unit again, Windows should find it. Don't let it search for a driver, point it to the folder you made. It should install. Then start CapWiz. Hopefully it will come up with a different error message, one that says your drivers are not compatible with this version of Capwiz. If it does, it will then ask you to let it install the new drivers. Say yes.

Finally -- and whether this works or not -- contact ADS and ask them to send you a new CD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The ADS DVDXpress cannot handle unstable video so I hope you are using a Full Frame TBC otherwise you will have trouble.

The ADS Instant DVD 2.0 is much more forgiving of unstable video so if you don't have a Full Frame TBC I would return the DVDXpress for the Instant DVD 2.0

Also please note that both devices are made "poorly" in that they will easily overheat. The solution? Prop the device up on make-shift legs so it is at least a couple of inches up off the table surface and then put a very small fan on it. Heat problem solved.

Don't get me wrong I like both devices (the Instant DVD 2.0 more so) but they have their quirks.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks guys ...

I contacted ADS about this & they were really good about answering & figuring out what I was missing, sorting it out ....

My capture device IS the Instant DVD USB 2.0, not DVD Xpress, sorry ...

Cheers for the help

Ian
    Quote Quote  
  5. i installed capwiz 3.8 on a dell with xp home oem.
    Im using a DVDxpressDX2. product # USBAV-709.

After staring Capwiz I get the following error: "USB driver has not been installed.
    I do not have the original setup disk which came with the unit.

Now what???????????????????????????????????????
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by MAXX HHEADROOM View Post
    i installed capwiz 3.8 on a dell with xp home oem.
    Im using a DVDxpressDX2. product # USBAV-709.

After staring Capwiz I get the following error: "USB driver has not been installed.
    I do not have the original setup disk which came with the unit.

Now what???????????????????????????????????????
    http://www.adstechnologies.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=13
    Quote Quote  
  7. THANXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    44444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444 44
    TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    H
    E
    L
    P
    When i pluged in the 409 the computer said gimmr drivers and I
    did.
    Last edited by MAXX HHEADROOM; 7th Jan 2011 at 22:53.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i recenly lost my dvd express capwiz 3.1 driver
    does anyone has the dvd or download file ? &
    can you email it to me ? as attachment in lycos mail
    my email is
    pacomaya@lycos.com or
    richcancer@yahoo.com
    i used to download it from ADs tech but they don't have it no more
    you can only download DVD express 2 wich is a 3.5 driver '
    i am not tryng to upgrade my dvd worked fine for years'
    thank you so much..
    Quote Quote  
  9. Have you tried the 3.5 driver?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yeap i came out with a solution i bougth another used but in good condition dvd express with all the package unopen
    hopefully it will have the original cd with the rigth driver in it if it is i will sell the old dvd express
    & reinverse the money & make a copy to keeo & restribute this driver via file on line since
    no one seams to have it ,, this the only way isee it work ; thanks for your support ..
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote