VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there..

Just bought this:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4139_141435554,00.html

And when it burns a DVD it burns the files into .vro files.
    I want to convert these dvd-r's to dvd+r's that will work on most stand alone DVD players. Please tell me I am not out of luck.. :/

Marty
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tips here: https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=264469

You can simply use TDA and re-author to a new DVD. Copy the VRO to your hard drive first. TDA has a basic edit function as well if you need it.
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ZippyP.
    Tips here: https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=264469

You can simply use TDA and re-author to a new DVD. Copy the VRO to your hard drive first. TDA has a basic edit function as well if you need it.
    Excellent.. I ended up using Ulead DVD Moviefactory and made some pretty nice discs. But now I have an odd problem.. when I go to transfer the Vro file to the hard drive, my computer completely freezes once the transfer is finished.. it wasnt doing this before so I dont know what changed to do it now but it happens every time. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to do a VRO to VOB conversion:

I copied the .VRO file over to my hard drive and launched TMPG DVD Author. I created a new project, selected "Add DVD Video", and selected the VRO file. DVD Author recognizes the program in it, but when I hit "Next" to edit or re-author the file, I get a pair of error messages:

*The video sequence header is incorrect.

The video sequence header is incorrect.
    A video sequence header is necessary for every GOP in a standard DVD.
    *The video GOP is too long.

The video GOP is too long.
    For a standard DVD it is necessary that the GOP fulfill the following condition:

Max 36 fields (18 frames) (NTSC format only)
    Max 30 fields (15 frames) (PAL format only)
    What I did was record a program to a disc that had been formatted using VR mode on my Pioneer DVR-220 recorder. Now I'm stuck.

Any ideas?

Tabe
    Quote Quote  
  5. When formatting a disc for recording on the Pioneer, choose Video mode instead of VR mode. This will create VOB files from the start instead of VRO files. You will have to finalize the recorded disc before it can be used in another machine or your PC. DVD-RW's can be re-formatted and used over and over.

You will avoid some of the problems you are having by recording in the DVD-Video format... sometimes VR format recordings can be a little buggy, depending on your particular setup.

As far as getting your VRO files that you already have saved to your hard drive to work, you could try re-naming them with the MPG file extension and then authoring the file into a DVD. Your authoring program may be more forgiving with MPG files.

You might also try re-saving the file with something like ReStream... that may straighten out the file errors for you without re-encoding the file.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gshelley61
    When formatting a disc for recording on the Pioneer, choose Video mode instead of VR mode. This will create VOB files from the start instead of VRO files. You will have to finalize the recorded disc before it can be used in another machine or your PC. DVD-RW's can be re-formatted and used over and over.
    I normally do use Video mode. However, when I tried to record this particular VHS video, I got a message saying it could only be recorded in VR mode.

As far as getting your VRO files that you already have saved to your hard drive to work, you could try re-naming them with the MPG file extension and then authoring the file into a DVD. Your authoring program may be more forgiving with MPG files.
    Tried that, without success

You might also try re-saving the file with something like ReStream... that may straighten out the file errors for you without re-encoding the file.
    I'll give that a try - thanks!

Tabe
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    *The video sequence header is incorrect.

The video sequence header is incorrect.
    A video sequence header is necessary for every GOP in a standard DVD.
    *The video GOP is too long.

The video GOP is too long.
    For a standard DVD it is necessary that the GOP fulfill the following condition:

Max 36 fields (18 frames) (NTSC format only)
    Max 30 fields (15 frames) (PAL format only)
    FYI I am trying to convert a Video VR disc (made on a Japanse Sony DVD recorder) and got the same error messages above. ConvertXtoDVD froze when I tried to access the .VRO file and I was unable to dub the VR titles using MY Sony DVD recorder (HX900, real-time dubbing produced blank screens w/o audio).

Is there an easy conversion tool for video VR stuff? Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote