VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    What is up with these Voom HDTV OTA Receivers ... the Motorola DSR550

There are quite a few selling on Ebay ... but after reading the info at this website ... http://www.winnfreenet.com/voom-setup.html

I'm wondering ... if I take a chance and get one ... will it be locked on the channels in that area only ??

Anybody have some knowledge about these units ??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You better understand this fully before buying. There are so many steps and conditions. No guarantee it will continue to work.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought one and it works great. I was able to scan all my local channels and it locked in on all of them. The only thing that you need to make sure on is that you get a box that was activated before Voom went out of business and that it has the card that was activated with it. A new Voom box that was never activated will not work. When I bought mine the seller emailed me and asked if I wanted a new or used box. Be sure to get the activated used box and it should work fine. I got mine for $40 and it also came with the Wingard outdoor antenna. Shipping and everything was $65. I don't remember the seller but there are a bunch on Ebay now. Good luck and I hope you are as successful as I was.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sorry...repost
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought a VOOM DSR550 off ebay. Initially I had a terrible time. Sometimes it would try to find local channels and sometimes it would not. It would show a local signal but would not lock into the channel. I found one place online that someone said something about the connecting wire from the Antenna connection on the inside to the main board was loose in his box and sure enough when I took it apart the wire had become unseated. I simply pushed it back into place and it solved all my problems and the box works GREAT!!!!
    Quote Quote