VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I got a MKV file and I need to remove the watermark that shows itself at the beginning. How do I do this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It is over the show, or before it. If before, trim it. If over it, logoway or delogo or similar. This will involve re-encoding the entire video portion, for what will probably be a blurry shimmer where the logo was. Is it really worth it ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well it appears in the corner for a few seconds. I really want it gone, but am not sure how it will look like in the end. So yeah, I want to go for it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do a search for "delogo filter"
    Quote Quote  
  5. btw, you will likely have to demux the video to .avi and the audio from whatever format it is in, and remux it back together after your done butching your video.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    how much of quality will this take down?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    just try it and see..it was obviously watermarked for a reason so you will have to compromise one way or another.

The quality will degrade but noone can tell you by how much as we know nothing about the video in question. If it bothers you that much you could chop away the few seconds with the watermark, use the delogo to touch that part up..then join it back to the original file..this way you will only degrade the first few seconds and save yourself alot of encoding time too.
    Quote Quote