VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. im trying to copy the screen, so i tryed (Ctrl Alt Print screen) it was working but for some reason its stoped. any idea why its not working now?
    Quote Quote  
  2. CTRL ALT PrintScreen?
    I've used PrintScreen to capture everything and ALT PrintScreen to capture just the active window. What is CTRL ALT PrintScreen supposed to capture?
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Isn't it either Print Screen (for the whole screen) or ALT + Print Screen (for the active window only)?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by gadgetguy
    CTRL ALT PrintScreen?
    I've used PrintScreen to capture everything and ALT PrintScreen to capture just the active window. What is CTRL ALT PrintScreen supposed to capture?
    the hole point is that its NOT capturing anything. why wont it capture?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried opening Paint, then selecting Edit | Paste?
    Quote Quote  
  6. OK, let me rephrase. I was not aware that CTRL ALT PrintScreen is SUPPOSED to capture anything. Just using PrintScreen captures everything, ALT PrintScreen captures the active window. Are you saying that these options don't capture anything?
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dblue
    Originally Posted by gadgetguy
    CTRL ALT PrintScreen?
    the hole point is that its NOT capturing anything. why wont it capture?
    Err ..... because it's not MEANT to capture ?

I've never heard of Ctrl-Alt-PrntScrn doing anything, unless it's been set up in an image program such as PaintShop Pro as the capture trigger.

http://www.computerstodayinc.com/printscreen.htm seems to think that only PrntScrn and Alt-PrntScrn do anything, as everyone else has already testified to.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. forget about it guys. i found out that my keyborad was F up
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    well when you get a new keyboard. make sure to use Print Screen or ALT + Print Screen, not CTRL + ALT + Print Screen
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    using ctrl + alt + print screen does the same thing as the alt + print screen. Just a useless step your taking since the ctrl button doesnt do anything
    Quote Quote