VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been searching the forum and noticed a few programs people recommended. One that I have been playing around with is GoldWave. However, I’m looking for a program that I can increase the volume on an Avi (divx) file. I would perfor not having to strip the audio from the video and "edit" the audio and then join the video and audio back together. I'm just looking for a program where I can just import the video, increase the volume and save it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nempo
    I would perfor not having to strip the audio from the video and "edit" the audio and then join the video and audio back together.
    I can't think of any way without extracting the audio as a separate file.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. If the audio is AC3, go into the AC3 Filter Configuration and change the Preset to Loud. If it's MP3, you'll have to extract it and maybe boost the volume using MP3Gain.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sigh...ok, whats a good tool to extract the audio from the video. So, i can increase the volume. And then combined them back together.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi-

There are plenty. I might suggest VDubMod for both jobs. To extract the audio, open the AVI (and click "No" if it gives you that stupid error message), set Video for Direct Stream Copy, and go Streams->Stream List->Demux. To get it back in, do the same thing, Disable the original audio, Add the new audio, and go File->Save As with a different name.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If your audio is mp3 you can use mp3gain to increase the volume without re-encoding. Still requires demuxing/muxing.

mencoder can increase the volume and remux in one go.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Easiest way is to use Goldwave, load avi, normalize (or apply any filter), save wav.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What about virtualdub (or any of its variants) ?

I used virtualdubmod and went to streams > Stream list, right-clicked and set to full processing, right-clicked and went to volume, and got the following:

Then all you need to do is select your codec, and make sure video is set to direct stream copy and job's right. Or not ???

Would work for MP3 and AC3 provided you had Lame MP3 and AC3 ACM.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote