VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I recently purchased a new comp. that has a TV card and Windows XP Media Center Edition. I was just playing around with it for a bit and recorded a TV show. I want to try to compress and convert this movie to an avi so that i can open it with vdub and chop out the commericals but it is saved as a *.dvr-ms file. I'm familiar with converting using programs like Gordian Knot but I wanted to get some advice before working on this show. It's around 3.7GB and I would love to convert to an XviD round 350MB if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

VC
    This is so much fun!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I *Think* there are some tools/methods that make it easier with .dvr-ms. Used to be a bunch of fan/user sites anyway, so probably worthwhile to google a bit.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No need to convert to avi to chop commercials. Give Videoredo a try! Chop the commercials and then convert to your desired format.
    bits
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the tip guys. I'll play around with it tonight.
    This is so much fun!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bits
    No need to convert to avi to chop commercials. Give Videoredo a try! Chop the commercials and then convert to your desired format.
    Do you have anyother suggestions. Videoredo only recognizes vob, mpg and mpeg.

Thanks in advance,

VC
    This is so much fun!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    videocheez wrote:
    Do you have anyother suggestions. Videoredo only recognizes vob, mpg and mpeg.
    For clarity you a capturing TV shows to dvr-ms, is that correct? For some reason I am under the impression that VRD will work on those, did you actually try VRD? If so, have you contacted their tech support via their forum? Their tech support is very good and very responsive

I just checked my VRD, which BTW is VideoredoPlus, and in 'Options' --> File Types it lists dvr-ms, so I am fairly certain VRD Plus will work with your files.
    bits
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bits
    I just checked my VRD, which BTW is VideoredoPlus, and in 'Options' --> File Types it lists dvr-ms, so I am fairly certain VRD Plus will work with your files.
    Ahhhh I see. videoredoplus is what you are using. I just have plain old videoredo.
    This is so much fun!
    Quote Quote