VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,
    I have a newbie question here. I ripped my DVDs using SmartRipper. Now, when I play them back on PowerDVD (in File Mode), how do I display the subtitles? PowerDVD doesn't seem to want to open the .IFO file.
    Is there any other DVD player software that would play the VOB files and dispay the subtitles?
    Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. tondinh
    If you have Power DVD Version 3 It will not play the files as a normal dvd. Power DVD 4 however will. Power DVD 3 would only play the .vobs in order of entry, Power DVD 4 will open the .ifo and play the movie from your harddisk as if it were on the DVD. Make sure you get the Power DVD patch that has been released for version 4. The patch seems to clear up some of the hesitation in playing a DVD from the harddisk.
    damnim
    Quote Quote  
  3. damnim, thanks. I just got PowerDVD 4.0. However, when I clicked on "Open DVD File on Hard Disk Drive" and chose the .IFO file, PowerDVD wouldn't play it. Do you know why?
    Also, where did you find the patch. I couldn't find it on the official website.
    Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. hey this also happens to me! And guess what, I've updated using the patch from the site but still no difference. I do the same procedure but nothing occur. anyone has a solution for this?
    Quote Quote  
  5. damnim,
    u said we can play the DVD directly from the HD like it was from the DVD itself. But, when I do 'open dvd from harddisk' in powerdvd 4 and choose the IFO file it does nothing. PLZ HELP ME OUT
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by d_nimrod
    damnim,
    u said we can play the DVD directly from the HD like it was from the DVD itself. But, when I do 'open dvd from harddisk' in powerdvd 4 and choose the IFO file it does nothing. PLZ HELP ME OUT

i HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM...

DID U GUYS HAVE ANY SUCCESS AT ALL WITH SOME OTHER SOLUTION???
    Quote Quote