VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. I got a problem. I have done many RM/RMVB to AVI or MPEG1/2 with virtualdubmod before. now I don't know whats wrong, it can't save rmvb to wav or AVI. is it possible update klite mega codec cause this problem(version 1.53)? I installed the latest alpha version of avisynth. now I have change back to version 2.56, but still not work. Does any1 know what is the problem? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Check your setup with GraphEdit to see if you're getting a codec connection failure or other problems.
    Quote Quote  
  3. how to check it with graphedit? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just load the AVI with graphedit. It'll tell you exactly what's used, which codec, which splitter, which renderer, and how they're connected.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Dear Sirs, Is there any way to correct an out of sync video and audio avi file once converted from RMVB? I've try using the correct codec it just won't sync. And the original RMVB files codes are as follows:-
    Audio: RealAudio COOK 44100Hz stereo [Output 00 (Audio Stream)]
    Video: RealVideo 4 800x452 30.00fps 483Kbps [Output 01 (Video Stream)]

Please guide this humble soul. TQ.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried the AVS script and adding this line to it:
    Code:
    LanczosResize(720,480)
    It works. But I seem to notice that there are some frames that get deleted and is instead replaced by gray frames in the MPEG-2 file. Why is this?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hohenyi
    Dear Sirs, Is there any way to correct an out of sync video and audio avi file once converted from RMVB? I've try using the correct codec it just won't sync. And the original RMVB files codes are as follows:-
    Video: RealVideo 4 800x452 30.00fps 483Kbps [Output 01 (Video Stream)]

Please guide this humble soul. TQ.
    Well, if my guide doesn't work try using SUPER with DirectShow option turned on.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sakuya
    I've tried the AVS script and adding this line to it:
    Code:
    LanczosResize(720,480)
    It works. But I seem to notice that there are some frames that get deleted and is instead replaced by gray frames in the MPEG-2 file. Why is this?
    Do you actually see grey frames as you play through the AVS script?

Or only after you fed it through an encoder?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When I play the AVS file, it does not have the gray frames. The original file did not have those gray frames, either.

So, only after I fed it through TMPGEnc did it have the gray frames.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Weird, then it's an encoding problem. Try QuEnc vs. TMPGEnc, perhaps?
    Quote Quote  
  11. 'Select Streams // Stream List, and you'll see your audio stream, which should be only one. Right-click it, and select FULL PROCESSING MODE. Right click it again, and you can now pick Compression. In the dialog box, pick an audio codec. A typical choice is MPEG LAYER-3 (i.e. MP3). Pick one of the encoding rates. Hit OK to get out of this dialog box.'

Great tutorial! Thank you very much...I accounter a problem when a rmvb file has this type of audio:

Audio: AAC 32000Hz stereo [Output 00 (Audio Stream)]
    Video: RealVideo 4 480x360 24.00fps 644Kbps [Output 01 (Video Stream)]

There is no audio stream. Video is OK but no sound.

What should I do?
    Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You'll have to save the AAC out and convert it with BeLight.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi, I also got (1st portion of clip) 5~6 sec of frequent gray frames using virtualdubmod when saving to uncompress avi (90mb->20gb+)
    Audio: RealAudio COOK 44100Hz 5ch [Output 00 (Audio Stream)]
    Video: RealVideo 4 640x480 29.97fps 415Kbps [Output 01 (Video Stream)]

i got problem extracting the wav too as it comes out 630mb and cannot be played might be due to it has 5 channel?
    no matter demux or save wave option. and it also failed if converting to mp3 using lame

but actualy my motive is not trying to save avi thou i trying ways to burn it to dvd to watch on dvd player but i tot this way could works when i made into uncompressed avi then make into DVD

i also tried QuEnc but it won't accept my .avs from rmvb
    DirectShowSource("[01][V2].rmvb", fps=29.97, convertfps=true)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    after a few days i tried many possible ways and many software
    found out that it is AVIsynth that causes the gray frame (my version 2.5.7)
    my question is:
    - do you guys have any idea how to make rmvb into m2v more smoothly?(for making DVD)
    - do you guys have any idea how to convert Multichannel RealAudio, 5ch to mp2?(for making DVD)

i tried alot of software to convert 5ch RealAudio but none works except for Real Audio Wav Recorder which requires to record and play the file.... ^^!
    i tried many software but isn't any luck with 5ch RealAudio
    FreeEnc05, QuEnc071, CCE SP(+SP2), Audacity, Goldwave, Super,
    BeSweet(BeLight-0.22beta9), EO Video, Avi2Dvd, avi2iso_205a_eng, Cucusoft Mpeg-Mov-Rmvb-Divx-Avi To Dvd-Vcd-Svcd Converter, VSO ConvertXtoDVD, TMPGenc (+Plus+xpress3)

currently the only way i used is quite dirty (making to DVD)
    1)Real Audio Wav Recorder (rawavrecorder) to record the 5ch RealAudio to wav while playing
    2a)Load the rmvb into TMPGenc directly(without AVIsynth) using all files and get m2v
    2b)Load the Wav into TMPGenc and set to mp2
    3)? posting this msg or don't know what to use making DVD
    (BUT BUT the TMPGenc sometimes gives error while loading rmvb as video but sometimes don't, depends on luck...hang just end task and retry)

do i have to go through all this before making into DVD?
    any more-straight-forward for "rmvb to DVD" a cool tool?

anyone could help me, thanks ^^!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First suggestion is don't use brackets in filenames.

Second suggestions is please stick to a single color.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    alright since is your thread i will follow your rules ^^!

Question:
    do you have handy way to get rmvb to any dvd format files (prepare to burn)
    - with audio sync. (regurdless of 2ch or 5ch)
    - avoiding gray frames at begining of clips , cause by avisynth

thanks for reading or helping.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD has to be MPEG2, so you just feed the RMVB, through AVISynth to a MPEG2 encoder and you'll get the appropriate output. It should even do audio at the same time w/o any problems.

Gray frames are usually caused by corrupt data, not a problem with AVISynth. Examine the footage in VDub to see for yourself.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have converted RMVB with one stereo audio stream (2 channels, each for one language) into AVI (XVID, MP3) successfully.

create an ???.avs file in notepad and put
    DirectShowSource("???.RMVB", fps=29.97, convertfps=true)
    ??? is the same as your ???.RMVB name and in the same directory as your ???.RMVB files.

start VirtualDub and open ???.avs (now .RMVB will play successfuly in VirtualDub). now select Video, full processing, compression, select XVID. then Audio, full processing, Conversion, select LEFT or RIGHT channel, now SAVE AS ???.WAV and you will get .WAV files for the channel you want.

change Audio, source, select the .WAV file you extracted and now you can save as ???.AVI and you got your new .AVI file with only the audio channel you want. This procedure will "guarantee" your audio is in sync with your video !!

or you can use ConvetXtoDVD to feed in video and the two audio files and make it switchable audio on your DVD. Now you have full control which audio to listen while you watch your DVD on your DVD player. Good Luck.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One question. Do you need relaalternative to convert or just to play the rm/rmvb files?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone...
    I tried out this tutorial because when i play my avi conversions on a avi dvd player, the sound would never be sync with the video, though on the PC it would work perfect...
    I do avi conversions of my rmvbs for a friend who likes to watch his animes on the TV. So until i go at his place, i won't know if the sound will be sync at last!!

Okay now is my problem... I tried a couple of conversions by using this tut, everything turned right for 2series up to now but the 3rd series is the one with which i got a problem...

After loading the AVS in VDM and setting all the codec stuffs, when i save (to get the avi) i get this error and it won't convert at all!?

Also below are the rmvb properties:

Video: RealVideo 4 848x480 23.98fps 380Kbps [Output 01 (Video Stream)]

Note that audio comes before video...!!!

Another difference from the other conversions is when i view the episode (before converting), in VDM ,the video is of very bad quality (the other videos' quality were fine!)

I think i gave all details possible, could you please help me out on this one thanks...
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You will need RealAlternative to play OR convert the stuff.

As for 3rd series bad quality... I can't say, maybe some of the filters in VDub may help. Search for filters that improve cartoons/animes?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i already had real alternative installed... i even uninstalled realplayer and reinstalled alternative but no good...

None the less... i somehow sorted out my problem. It came from the codec i chose to encode to avi but still am surprised because it is the first time i got problem with this codec. I use the codec from the divx website, i.e DivX(R)6.2.5 Codec (1 Logical CPU). When i chose another encoder well it turned right, now dvd compatibility is the question...

Anyway, thanks for fast response kschang
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey this message pops up when i open the avs file with virtualdubmod, i hope you can help me out! thanks

error.bmp
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It says some of the codecs, such as the YV12, is not installed right and not available to VDubMod. FFDShow, when installed and configured using the VFW config shortcut, should fix that. Look for this YV12 and select "enabled" or whatever choices that is appropriate.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks a lot for your help kschang!!
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having trouble with virutal dub not being able to find the decompressor for YV12 and I downloaded FFDshow and have configured using VFW but I can't find the YV12 code thingy. Would you be able to tell me where abouts I would be able to find it??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i tried this but my file's size which is 200MB balooned to 5+GB. arhg...
    then i found out winavi.... my file of 11498KB became only 14928 with the same quality. you can even shrink the video to any size you want.
    heheh...
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ross_diadame
    i tried this but my file's size which is 200MB balooned to 5+GB. arhg... then i found out winavi.... my file of 11498KB became only 14928 with the same quality. you can even shrink the video to any size you want. heheh...
    I'll have to question your source and your compression codec. If you didn't choose any, uncompressed files will be huge.

With a few commands in either AviSynth or VDubMod you can rescale to any size as well. Of course, if you really think that WinAVI gives you the same quality back... Then all the power to you. Other people have different standards.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    winavi is ok for RM to AVI for me using same codec as the RM. actually what i posted is about ogm using full processing mode because i didnt know yet how to input subs using avisynth. still learning the trick. anyways, im a newbie here. heheh.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ross_diadame
    winavi is ok for RM to AVI for me using same codec as the RM.
    Then you did not re-encode, just switching containers, and it SHOULD stay about the same size and same quality, and that makes it completely irrelevant to the discussion above.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    EXCUSE ME?! how can you say im off the topic????? its about CONVERTING one format to another. its not about re-encoding them from divx to xvid cuz thats the same under AVI format or any other codec!!!
    re-encoding can decrease the video's quality and i'm avoiding that if possible.
    AND THAT IS MY STANDARD.
    i'm just trying to input other alaternatives aside from virtualdubmod.
    GEEZ!!! what's wrong with that??
    Quote Quote