VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Over the years I have bought a few Cambridge sound works PC speaker sets. I now have 6 satellite speakers and one subwoofer (also, powers the smaller speakers). The subwoofer only has enough outputs for 2 speakers. Is there something I can do to allow me to use all 6 speakers with this one powered sub?

I have been told that I could just run the other speakers right out of the factory outputs for the two speakers that it is made for? Would this casue problems (fire, horrible sound, over heating, etc...?)
    What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity....

2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It depends on what you mean by 'powers'. If the subwoofer has a power supply that runs a built in amplifier in the speakers, maybe. But you could overload it. In this case there would be a power wire and a separate speaker wire.

If the speakers have no built in amplifier, wiring them together would drop the impedance too low and you could overload the amplifier.

Most computer speakers have a separate power supply and a built-in amplifier in one unit. The second speaker is just a speaker with no power to it.

I have a subwoofer setup similar to what you describe, and it can only run the two unpowered satellite speakers.

3. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Here is the set up. Subwoofer has the AC plug connected to it. It also has the bass nob as well as 2pos & 2neg outputs to run the 2 included speakers, (speakers have not power cord running to them, just powered through the speaker wires themselves.

Cambridge SoundWorksPCWorks Amplified Multimedia/Computer Speaker System

4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Just splice your speaker cables and connect the white to white and black to black. You will not be achieving any additional power and will reduce the power given to each speaker by doing so. Be warned: if you do this do not turn up the volume too loud or you will surely blow your speakers. You also will not have any additional channels. You will have to speakers on the right side producing the same sound and two speakers or the left producing the same sound. My recommendation if you're going to do this is to make sure all speakers are rated higher than the max output.

5. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ROF
    make sure all speakers are rated higher than the max output.
    ? All the speakers are exactly the same from the same exact type of PC Speaker set (3 sets total)

6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please do not dig up old threads to respond to,thread closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.