ffmpegX 0.0.9u - Dec 1, 2005
What's new in this version:
- Added "iPod h.264" preset for super-fast (up to 7 times faster than other h264 methods) video encoding for the video iPod. The preset uses 320 width H.264 video and AAC audio. It encodes a feature movie into about 200MB.
- Added "iPod for TV" preset for super-fast video encoding for the video iPod, optimized for playback on TV in high resolution, through the audio/video output of the iPod. The preset uses 480 width mpeg-4 video and AAC audio, and It encodes a feature movie into about 500MB. A maximum width of 720 may be used if your movie aspect is 2.35:1, or 640 if it is 16:9. You may also use a width of 320 for iPod-only playback, and encoding much faster than h.264.
- Added x264 encoding engine for encoding to mpeg-4 h.264. Encoding options are similar to mencoder h.264 and in addition the following options are available: Trellis quantization, i4x4 analysis, Decode with Quicktime, AVC level (1.3 for iPod, you may use 5.1 to match mencoder h264 default). Note that Quicktime is not quite compatible with b-frames so you may want to avoid them.
- Fixed further sound sync issues with mencoder h264.
- Disabled forced bitrate change when the image size is modified.
- Fixed bug with Author tool not taking into account text encoding and fonts when authoring selectable subtitles.
- Known issue: the current ffmpeg inverts the order of VOB audio tracks. So if you have 3 audio tracks numbered 0, 1 and 2, and the 2 should be italian, ffmpeg will find it in track 0 instead.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Yes, the reason is that I need some sleep before adding more features later. Please note that for iPod encoding at 320x240 the benefits of two pass are very limited.
It seems like a debug funtion as not been deactivated in x264. When I use it inthe terminal, I get a lot of [debug] stuff.
Otherwise, the ipod presets are simply great. Really good idea!
Originally Posted by drparent
Possibly, using "Decode with Quicktime" could improve the sync even more.
ffmpegX v0.0.9u r2 bugfix release Dec 4, 2005
(If you already installed 0.0.9u, just replace the Application. 0.0.9u r1 is still available at http://homepage.mac.com/major4/ffmpegX_0.0.9u_r1.dmg
- Improved handling of MOV/MP4 sources by mencoder MP4 H264, including audio normalization
- Improved handling of MOV/MP4 sources by iPod H264, including audio normalization
- Improved information gathering in the summary tab for MOV/MP4 files
- Improved handling of AAC sound in source movies
- Fixed incorrect aspect ratios in some presets
- Fixed additional minor bugs
Were there any issues of sound sync problems from AVI to DVD in r1? Because I just spent 3 days converting 13 files with the new version and all seem to have audio sync problems in the DVD?
If you think you found a bug and want to report it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- information about your source file and your destination format (which preset was used, did you change any options from the preset, etc).
- a copy of your process output (blue "i" icon in the Progress window),
- and eventually send your source clip as well by using yousendit.com if it is a big file, so as I can test it, spot the problem, fix the problem.
I just wanted to know if that is something the fix corrects. The audio is late by about 1sec in parts. I can't say that the problem is actually ffmpegX. I used Toast to transfer it to disc with menus - I couldn't see a problem with the ffmpegX output (though it may be present) but I did with Toast's output - it's just hard to notice on the computer screen, but obvious on the TV.
I tend to think the problem lies with Toast's remuxing considering they seem to ignore this issue every time it gets posted in their forums. I only brought this up because your update note mentioned sound fixes.
why do have the checkbox enable in the audio pane there when I uncheck it, it encodes it anyway. can't you fix that?
also I can't change the codec.
why give these choices, when they are ineffective and null?
I think I mentioned these problems before.G5 2ghz x2 1g ram, alchemy tv card, 200 g lacie firewire hd, formac studio dv/tv, eyetv 500; a PC and a series 2 TIVO