VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have downloaded DTS audio cds it comes in a rar compressed wav files
    As I have understood these are 5.1 channels audio tracks
    I tried to play them on my PC and I get noise only.
    I tried to burn them with nero as Data Cds and play them with my
    Divx player which contains integrated AC3 decoder and is connected to
    a 5.1 speaker system but I've got also only noise.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You need to burn them as audio CDs and play them back through a player tha sends a digital audio signal to an amp that decodes DTS. If you can't get a digital signal to a DTS decoder you will get pink noise, which may damage your speaker if it is too loud.

AC3 is Dolby Digital, and is not compatible with DTS. If you have power DVD or similar installed on your PC you should be able to decode the DTS signal.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am having a problem playing audio CD with DTS. I've burned the wav file and my DVD player will not play them. In fact, it ejects the disc.

What am I doing wrong?
    2 DVD, or not 2 DVD, that is the question.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How are you burning? you should create an audio cd and not just burn the wav files on the cd as data cd.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I did create an audio cd with Nero, and included the wav file. Am I missing something?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Actually, I just realized that I have a bigger problem. My Pioneer DV-333 will not play any CDs at all. It just ejects the disc after trying to load them.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Both burned audio cdrs and commercial cds? Then I guess you have found the problem....try the dtscd on another dvd.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Run it through DTSparser, and you'll probably be able to play it on your PC

http://hypercubemx.free.fr/html/dtsparser.html
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    cim - You joined the forums over 4 years ago and according to your profile you have posted over 80 times here. What on earth possessed you to make you think that digging up an old post over 2 years old and adding to it was an appropriate course of action? Please make a new post in the future instead of doing what is called "grave digging" in resurrecting ancient posts. There was absolutely no need for this. You are very lucky I am not a moderator and that Baldrick has decided to have mercy on you and not do anything about your post. I would lock your post if I was administrator and force you to make a new one.

The first thing you need to do is to be able to play the files on your PC to be sure that they are actually OK and not garbage. PowerDVD and WinDVD are possible solutions. I know nothing about DTSparser, but surely it would work OK. If the files can be played OK on your PC so you know they are good, then I would look into questions of media. For example, your DVD player may not like your media brand. Try the discs on a friend's DVD player and see if they play OK or load them on a PC and see if your PC tries to play them. You need to determine, in order:
    1) Are the files OK? If not, that's your problem.
    If the files are OK, then
    2) Can other devices (PC, other DVD players) play the discs correctly? If not, perhaps something went wrong in your burn. If they play OK but not on your Pioneer then
    3) Maybe you need to use another brand of disc.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    cim - You joined the forums over 4 years ago and according to your profile you have posted over 80 times here. What on earth possessed you to make you think that digging up an old post over 2 years old and adding to it was an appropriate course of action? Please make a new post in the future instead of doing what is called "grave digging" in resurrecting ancient posts. There was absolutely no need for this. You are very lucky I am not a moderator and that Baldrick has decided to have mercy on you and not do anything about your post. I would lock your post if I was administrator and force you to make a new one.

The first thing you need to do is to be able to play the files on your PC to be sure that they are actually OK and not garbage. PowerDVD and WinDVD are possible solutions. I know nothing about DTSparser, but surely it would work OK. If the files can be played OK on your PC so you know they are good, then I would look into questions of media. For example, your DVD player may not like your media brand. Try the discs on a friend's DVD player and see if they play OK or load them on a PC and see if your PC tries to play them. You need to determine, in order:
    1) Are the files OK? If not, that's your problem.
    If the files are OK, then
    2) Can other devices (PC, other DVD players) play the discs correctly? If not, perhaps something went wrong in your burn. If they play OK but not on your Pioneer then
    3) Maybe you need to use another brand of disc.
    how can i burn Audio Cd which will play in my car CD player
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by a05014886
    how can i burn Audio Cd which will play in my car CD player
    I'm not going to answer because either your post is a joke (not funny, by the way) or you are a a complete moron to have included my entire rant against digging up old posts in a thread that was almost 1 year old since the last post. I would advise others in the forums to not reply to this either.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Burn using NERO in AudioCD format...
    and play in PowerDVD 8..
    DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I already burned the DTS Files , and actualy I can play it with my DVD Player. But I wanto to author it as DVD Files, so I would play it with my MediaGate Streamer.
    Any Help will be wellcome.

Thanks

Antonio Souza
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can't.

You have to extract the DTS audio, demux it to mono channels, re-sample each channel to 48kHz, then recombine/re-encode back to a single DTS track, then author it into VOBs.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Thank you for your info. I use Rejig, DKaudio for my projects. It seems that Rejig does not work with WAV/DTS files. Do you have any sujestion or programs I can use?

Thans again

Antonio
    Quote Quote  
  16. GunS1inger, altsouza

i tried all means and generated audio CD with DTS tracks as mentioned above, but still i get noise through my DTS signal on the receiver lights up but only noise.

Procedure as follows

Input files : 48 KHz ac3 (5.1) files
    Used BeSure + BeSweet +Surcode 1.0.20 (Surcode 1.0.9 crack doesnt work) output to PCM WAv files and burnt a Audio CD- No luck
    Used Headac3he to resample the files to 44.1KHz and then convert them to WAV files and then burnt to Audio CD - noluck

Any ideas here please

Thanks
    Zorro
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry for digging this up so long after the original post, but I've been through this a lot lately. My answer in short was:

Demux .DTS files with Tranzcode
    resample to 44.1khz with audio commander or similar
    Remux and encode with Surcode to wav files
    burn with Nero.

Works fine for me.

The issue I had is that most of the DTS files I was using were meant for a DVD-A output. they are 48Khz and can't be recorded using redbook audio CD authoring tools. I haven't found a faster or more convenient way to do this yet...it takes a while to re-encode the files, since you have to do them one at a time and you need to properly place the 6 channels...but it works for the ones I cared about about.

here is the long answer in link form:

http://pr0jects.blogspot.com/

Hope that helps.

The other alternative is to author a DVD-A with the DTS files, which I'm not fond of.
    Quote Quote