Okay, it must be something insanely obvious that I don't readily see, but I've been trying to install vobsub 2.23 for an hour now and I get it to install...
I keep getting this "Error D:\xxxxx is not valid path for VirtualDub, not installing VobSub VirtualDub Plugin"...
I know that the path is correct, since I have a shortcut to that directory that works just fine, yet this vobsub software says it's invalid...
Anyone else lose their mind with this software install???
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thread: vobsub install problem
Frank Zappa: "People wouldn't know a good movie if it smacked 'em in the face."
Whoops. Sorry about that. Didn't see that forum. *embarrassed*Frank Zappa: "People wouldn't know a good movie if it smacked 'em in the face."
Don't install the vdub plugins, just use VSFilter instead. VSFilter also contains AVISynth plugins and directvobsub so you can leave out installing them to.
Copy vsfilter.dll to the vdub plugin dir, rename to vsfilter.vdf.
Copy to the AVISynth plugin dir and for directvobsub, run regsvr32 vsfilter.dll.
Originally Posted by celtic_druidFrank Zappa: "People wouldn't know a good movie if it smacked 'em in the face."
I'm running Vista Ultimate x32 and need some further help with the instructions that you posted on 10/16/05. I am also trying to install vobsub and ran into problems when it asked me to select the directory for VirtualDub. I found this forum and followed your instructions to select the Direct Show filter only. I am confused about copying the vsfilter.dll, renaming it and then copying to AVISynth, and then running regsvr32 vsfilter.dll. Here are my specific questions:
1. Do I copy the vsfilter.dll from the System32 folder of my C: drive? When I copy that dll extension, it copies the entire folder even though just the one extension is selected.
2. If I did not select the vdub plugin, then I wouldn't need to rename and copy to vsfilter.dll to the vdub plugin directory, correct?
3. Where do I copy the AVISynth plugin directory to? I have AVISynth 2.5.
4. How do I run regsvr32 vsfilter.dll?
5. I use AVI2DVD, will these instructions work for that application as well?
Thanks for your help