VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I want to have multiple .srt subtitles files in a divx movie with a provision to switch between them and switch off subtitles altogether if I want to. I copied a divx file and a .srt file both with the same name on a dvdr and my player philips DVP5500s played them nicely, which means the player can read .srt files. Now I want to add multiple sutitles with a provision to switch between them or switch off the subtitles while playing the movie in my DVD player...............Please guide......Thanks in advance.
    C2D 6300@3.21Ghz|Vista Ultimate x64|P5B-Dlx Wifi|Transcend 4 GB 800 Mhz|XFX 8800GT 512 MB Alpha Dog Edition|Samsung 19" 940BW|1.5 TeraByte Storage|ASUS SATA DVDRW|Altec Lansing ATP5|APC 800 Smart UPS.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    you could try name the srt files like
    Movie.en.srt
    Movie.fr.srt
    Movie.de.srt
    etc
    Movie.avi
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    you could try name the srt files like
    Movie.en.srt
    Movie.fr.srt
    Movie.de.srt
    etc
    Movie.avi

Thank you....I will try that, but how would I be switching between them, would the player give an option by it self I doubt that, n what about toggling the subtitles on and off, how r we suppose to do that........guideance needed.
    C2D 6300@3.21Ghz|Vista Ultimate x64|P5B-Dlx Wifi|Transcend 4 GB 800 Mhz|XFX 8800GT 512 MB Alpha Dog Edition|Samsung 19" 940BW|1.5 TeraByte Storage|ASUS SATA DVDRW|Altec Lansing ATP5|APC 800 Smart UPS.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was wrong.....the player's subtitle button itself acted as the toggle switch for the sutitles, but still I have just one last problem........the sutitles are displayed above the black bar while watching a Divx movie.......is there a way to edit the .srt sutitles to get them displayed on the black bar itself..........can anybody help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    have a look here for that level of customization

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=267432&highlight=
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mosarah View Post
    A lot of thanks for your answers

and your time
    Spammer?