VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can any one please help, i have recorded a short 10.5mb movie clip on my camera phone which was never saved. i have managed to retrieve the file using a data recovery program (file scavenger and also Ontrack) but now although i have a 3gp file on my computer i can not view it. I have quick time and it plays all my other mpegs from my mobile but not this one. is there any type of repair software i can use to fix this problem, surley if there's a 10.5mb file there i must be able to salvage it, no??
    thank you

i tried Xilisoft 3GP Video Converter and ImTOO 3GP Video both does not work..i even tried using hex editor to cut off first part of the corrupted file..but all have failed...please help..

the video is very precious.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No luck at afterdawn?

You could try mp4box. Maybe it can recognise it, however I guess that depends on how much of the original file was recovered.

With the hex editor, you just removed the header or you replaced it with one from a working file.

Also you say 3gp file, but then other mpeg's. Is it an mpeg or a 3gp file?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it is 3gp, yes no luck at after dawn, how come you know i m posting over there..??? amazing!!

anyhow, i tried, replacing the headers, but i dun know how to do it exactly, let me paste the partial file over here (as you can see the first cluster is jumbled up by pimsleur mp3 etc, so i delete it, till the ftyp3gp5, save it but still not working) maybe some experts can help me!

i really hope it will work, actually, i greatly greatly appreciate whoever that can help me out, words alone can not express my appreciation...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i tried, it report atom size error.....i was thinking..how can i cut out the middle part and paste it to some good 3gp file with good header and footer, is it possible?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi! i have the same problem, and i try with the HEX Editor but its the same thing a video file or a txt file? i mean the txt file its very easy to edit, but the video (3gp) its really complicated, is possible cut the header (since what slot to what slot?) from other video file? or i need to know what means every slot from the hex file?

Thanks in advance, regards!

ps. i gona try edit the video since the hex editor, if i have results i post here, if some one have results please post here, thanks again!
    Quote Quote