VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    true, it did save me the Muxman error, but still the DVD result after muxing will not work, usually this is what i do, test the result and see if it works after muxing or not..
    Authoring in IFOEdit? i donno how to do that, all i did was follow the guide here.. should i used IFOEdit after MuxMan? or after PGCDemux?

Thanx for being patient and helpfull manono
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi-

If you're going to author with IFOEdit, then you do it instead of using Muxman. Just load the video, audio, celltimes.txt, and subs into IFOEdit, just as you did using Muxman.

I don't quite understand what you mean when you say it won't work. If Muxman completed without error, then you should have a working DVD to test. Where did the video come from?Demuxed, or reencoded? Does that M2V play OK by itself? How are you playing the Muxman authored DVD? PowerDVD or some such? And what exactly happens (or doesn't happen) when you try and play the DVD (the DVD, and not a VOB)? Any error message? Have you tried other software DVD players?

Does this have something to do with the subtitles? After muxing/authoring, you're using a real software DVD player aren't you, instead of just playing the VOBs? You're opening IFOs and not VOBS? And these subs are in SUP format? How did you create these SUP format subs?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello.

This guide works just fine, but now i want to add subtitle to PRison BReak, which have 4 episodes on dvd, and when i use pgcdemux there are for diffrent files to demux, i have no clue what to do, anyone can help?

Thank You
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi-

If you don't know how to find out in advance what's in the different PGCs (Hint: the Preview in VobBlanker or PGCEdit), then demux them one at a time. Keep the ones you want, and delete the ones you don't.

You said it's Prison Break with 4 episodes, right? So, there should be 4 episodes, either all under different IFOs, or all under the same IFO (check the dropdown box after opening an IFO). Look for 4 episodes, each somewhere around 45 minutes in length. The rest of the stuff is logos and extras.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    manono you amazing ... im raizing a hat for you, you reply fast and looks like you know what you doing

btw, i didnt try yet what u adviced about my problem, ill try it soon and tell you what will happen.. just wanted to thank you for the effort and the help you give
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks, ih8win. Hehe, sometimes I know what I'm doing. Sometimes I just fake it. juhanes' problem sounds kind of easy. Frankly, yours has me baffled, but if I didn't confuse you too much with my last response, maybe we can get it sorted out. I do a lot of subs-on-DVD work, so I get a lot of practice.

However, I may have misinterpreted juhanes' problem. If you found the 4 episodes, juhanes, demux all 4, remux (author using Muxman) with the 4 different new subtitles, and replace 4 episodes using the "Replace" button in VobBlanker. It's just like adding a sub to a movie, except you have 4 different "movies".
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How can i join two sup? files
    Profoundly deaf.
    Quote Quote  
  8. As far as I know, you can't. But you can join IDX/SUB files using the VobSub Joiner that comes in the VobSub package. To convert SUP to IDX/SUB, get the program and follow the instructions (DOS, with no GUI yet, unfortunately):

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=111664

I used it to convert from SUP to IDX/SUB the other day, and it works fine. Then after they're joined up again, use SubToSup to convert back to SUP files.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, manono for your help. You are really good guy. The problem was truelly kind of easy, but i would never think of that by myself. I have whole season I. of prison break now on dvd and subtitles work like a charm.

But now i run into another problem. I am trying to add subtitles to Lost and when use pgcdemux, there is now audio delay, there is just "none" for audio, and when i compile DVD, my audio is out of synch :S
    Any idea how to fix?

Thank you again.

Bye.

Edit: oh, i am sorry, i didnt know, i'll try to play a little with audio delay in muxman...
    Quote Quote  
  10. source: Lost.S02.NTSC.DVDR-WATDVD

You're not supposed to mention illegally downloaded files here. You may get scolded, or this thread may get locked. I don't know, but don't do it again.

Fixing audio asynch can be tricky. You first have to determine the amount of the asynch, and then in Muxman you have to set the delay (only up to 300 ms allowed by Muxman). Or you can fix the delay using Delay Cut. But you have to figure out what it is first. This is a subtitle guide thread, and your question is outside the scope of the guide.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!

As soon as i fixed that delay issue, i run into another error again.
    It seems it's not a big deal, because DVD if working well, but i am asking anyway, because maybe somethink could be wrong now, and dvd wont play on some DVD players, or somethink.

Quote Quote  
  12. Yeah, that's not good. Is this for NTSC? If so, you maybe didn't take into account pulldown. In the future, lower the GOP size if encoding for NTSC 23.976fps progressive with pulldown. I don't think you said which encoder you use. In CCE, you set N/M to 4 when encoding for 23.976fps progressive with pulldown. TMPGEnc does it differently, but you want to set it for 12 frames. Someone else can advise you on that if you respond saying you're using TMPGEnc.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, no encoders, i am geting this error at the end of muxing with muxman and yes its NTSC.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Oh, you didn't reencode? Then ignore it, I guess. Or maybe try authoring with IFOEdit (DVD Author->Author New DVD, at the top). It takes the assets in the same format as does Muxman. But if it's on the original DVD like that, and you're not reencoding, I guess there's not much you can do.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sa-ka
    I have a guestion that suffer me.
    after step 7 (vobblanker) When Play dvd with windvd 6. slider bar is not selectable. so we cannot go forward or backward.
    Here is the answer to that question, posted by r0lZ @ doom9:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=107679&highlight=windvd+slider

Originally Posted by r0lZ@doom9
    It's probably because you use the VobBlanker options "Prev and/or Next PGCN pointer to itself" in the Title domain.It's a good trick to enable the Prev and Next Chapter buttons of the remote when the first or last chapter is playing, but WinDVD considers such a PGC as non-sequential, and disables the time seekbar. Though not really a bug in WinDVD, it should not do that! Most standalone players are happy with this trick.

Note that you can safely use the Next/Prev PGCN pointer to itself option in the Menu domain, because you cannot use the time seek function in a menu anyway.
    I had the same problem and when I unticked those in VobBlankers settins, the dvd navigation slider worked in WinDVD

Quote Quote  
  16. Hi-

I wish you'd posted that yesterday, when I had one like that. I couldn't seek in PowerDVD. Like I said in my reply to sa-ka, I didn't know the answer, but didn't worry about it, as it doesn't affect playback in a standalone. Thanks, and I'll test it out the next time I have one like that.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey guys im having a problem trying to install "Subtitle Creator" when i run the setup file, ti gives me an error saying : ".Net runtime library is not installed", what can i do? i downloaded the file from the link given in this website...its called "Setup_SubtitleCreator_V2_0_6.exe".

Plz help
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    u need to install .NET framework u can get it here install .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package
    Profoundly deaf.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks, well i just used rejig and problem solved...the thing is that my final vob doesnt show subtitles at all....any idea of what to do?.

one other thing, i tried to compile a file using dvdlabpro and it says this : "Open GOP'S were detected in file, in your encoder always select close GOP'S to avoid such problems"

what can i do? i dont remember any option that was called like that
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey here is my question, i converted some avi files to dvd...my source file didnt have any subtitle...now i have the vob files, the ifos. and the bup.....i wonder...can i use this method to work with the vob file that i have, and add the subtitles....and if i have to do something extra..since there where no subtitles before....thanks
    Quote Quote  
  21. You'll have to have the subs in SUP format, but to add them to an already existing DVD, demux (PGCDemux), add the subs, and reauthor (ReJig, IFOEdit, Muxman). If this DVD has a menu, then use the Replace button of VobBlanker to get the new DVD with subs back into the old DVD with a menu but no subs. You'll also have to use PGCEdit and the method I explained in the other thread to turn on the new subs when all done (if replacing). You can also change the colors and set the language the same way (using PGCEdit).
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    how Can I understand a film rate or ripping format of a movie clip ?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a lot for posting this guide

I have a problem with step 7 (vobblanker) though:

I am trying to put subtitles on a multi-pgc episodic dvd... I followed everything in the guide and it worked perfectly until i had to use vobblanker. After replacing the ifo's for the appropriate PGC's and I press progress it gives the folowing error:

'VTS 01: Replacing PGC 01 by M:\remuxed\PGC1\VTS_01_0.IFO
    Cells to be replaced =14.
    Cells in replacing VOB=14
    VTS 01: Replacing PGC 02 by M:\remuxed\ep1\VTS_01_0.IFO
    Cells to be replaced =0.
    Cells in replacing VOB=5
    Error: Cell not found'

I'd be grateful if someone could help me with this issue ^^
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hi Polysics-

It looks as if the original PGC2 has no cells, and your remuxed one has 5 cells. Therefore it looks to me like you're replacing the wrong PGC, that is, your replacing PGC doesn't belong in the original DVD VTS 01 PGC2. Check to make sure you have the correct VTS and PGC to be replaced.

sepehr_s, Chitour hastid?

Please try and rephrase your question, as I (and maybe others) don't understand it.

how Can I understand a film rate

PAL DVD and AVI is 25fps. NTSC DVD is 29.97fps, and AVI maybe either 29.97fps or 23.976fps. If you're asking how you can tell which you have, PAL or NTSC, maybe GSpot can tell you.

...ripping format of a movie clip ?

Are you asking about a video file you have? The extension will tell you. Or open it in GSpot.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @manono: I'm pretty sure I'm replacing the correct PGC.

Here's a screenshot of vobblanker:

As you can see in the screenshot vobblanker says that the original PGC #2 has 5 cells.
    Still when I click process it gives the following error:

VTS 01: Replacing PGC 02 by M:\remuxed\ep1\VTS_01_0.IFO
    Cells to be replaced =0.
    Cells in replacing VOB=5
    Error: Cell not found

A bit strange as the screenshot says the original PGC does have 5 cells.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Nope, that's an empty PGC. You'll notice that the lengths of PGCs 2, 3, and 4 added together total the same as the length of PGC1. You'll also notice that they have no size. Since you already replaced VTS1 PGC1 (the entire 135 minute video) which includes your PGC2, then why would you want to add in a part of it again?

You'll notice that under "Reuse" it says "Yes" for PGCs 2, 3, and 4. Rather than stick them into the DVD for a second time, they use them from the PGC1. All you have to replace is PGC1, and then you're done with VTS1. It looks to me as if you have an episodic DVD with a "Play All" and a play separately feature. Or something similar.

I was wrong about the reason you can't replace it, but you still can't replace it. You should be happy. You can now use the extra space for improving the quality of the movie (or episodes), or for including an extra or 2. Thanks for providing the pic, which makes the situation clear.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    Hi Polysics-

It looks as if the original PGC2 has no cells, and your remuxed one has 5 cells. Therefore it looks to me like you're replacing the wrong PGC, that is, your replacing PGC doesn't belong in the original DVD VTS 01 PGC2. Check to make sure you have the correct VTS and PGC to be replaced.

sepehr_s, Chitour hastid?

Please try amd rephrase your question, as I (and maybe others) don't understand it.

how Can I understand a film rate

PAL DVD and AVI is 25fps. NTSC DVD is 29.97fps, and AVI maybe either 29.97fps or 23.976fps. If you're asking how you can tell which you have, PAL or NTSC, maybe GSpot can tell you.

...ripping format of a movie clip ?

Are you asking about a video file you have? The extension will tell you. Or open it in GSpot.
    Thanks for helping
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    Nope, that's an empty PGC. You'll notice that the lengths of PGCs 2, 3, and 4 added together total the same as the length of PGC1. You'll also notice that they have no size. Since you already replaced VTS1 PGC1 (the entire 135 minute video) which includes your PGC2, then why would you want to add in a part of it again?

You'll notice that under "Reuse" it says "Yes" for PGCs 2, 3, and 4. Rather than stick them into the DVD for a second time, they use them from the PGC1. All you have to replace is PGC1, and then you're done with VTS1. It looks to me as if you have an episodic DVD with a "Play All" and a play separately feature. Or something similar.

I was wrong about the reason you can't replace it, but you still can't replace it. You should be happy. You can now use the extra space for improving the quality of the movie (or episodes), or for including an extra or 2. Thanks for providing the pic, which makes the situation clear.
    That was a pretty easy solution ^^ Thanks for helping! Finally got it to work

Edit: hmm... there's still a problem though. The subtitles will only show up when i press the play all button on the menu. If i choose the episode in the episode menu, there are no subtitles wich can be selected.
    This is probably because the episodes on the episode menu are in PGC2, 3 and 4. And i didn't replace those because i get an error when i do that...
    Guess ill have to find a way around that.

Edit2: I found the solution: I edited the subtitle info for pgc2 3 and 4 and now it works
    Quote Quote  
  29. Hi-

I was going to suggest turning on the subs for PGCs 2, 3, and 4, until I read your final line:

Edit2: I found the solution: I edited the subtitle info for pgc2 3 and 4 and now it works

Good going, and you figured it out yourself. A successful backup, you learned something(s), and you can attack similar projects in the future with confidence.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi all
    i'm new here and i hope to get some help for my probleme :

I find this guide and I was very to be able to add foreign subs to my dvds , the probleme is I cant treat arabic subs , I downloaded some .srt from the net when I open them with wordpad the words are like this "ÍÜÜÓÜÜíÜÜä ÈÜÜßÜÜÑ" and when i open them with Win Word i get a option to convert the file then i choose 'to arabic (windows)' and here are the subtitles correcly written in arabic, but in subtitle creator and subtitle tool they look like "ÍÜÜÓÜÜíÜÜä ÈÜÜßÜÜÑ
    " and it drives me crazy , nothing to do
    any help please ?
    thans
    Quote Quote