VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok...im almost done..here is the last problem (hopefully) im burning a multiepisodes dvd....as you remember, my first and second episode are on the same vts.. the thing is, when i have reauthored all of 3 episodes...and i watch them each one on their folders..the sutbtitles show ...now..when i join them all together on the same folder, i can see the subtitles from the first and third episode...not from the second..im thinking it is because of the ifo file...but wht can i do?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi-

now..when i join them all together on the same folder, i can see the subtitles from the first and third episode...not from the second..im thinking it is because of the ifo file...but wht can i do?

You're adding them to the DVD using VobBlanker? Then if you saw subs after muxing each episode with Muxman, you should also see subs after doing the "Replace" in VobBlanker. This assumes you're replacing an already existing subtitle with your own subtitle. If you're adding a new sub - none to begin with and 1 after you're done - for example, then you have to "turn on" the new sub in PGCEdit. Otherwise, I don't know offhand where it's gone wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok.......i did it finally.......all is left is how to burn it.. i used the data dvd option on nero and it didnt work......how do i burn it keeping original menu and all?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Create 2 folders, the empty AUDIO_TS folder, and the VIDEO_TS folder into which you stick the IFOs, BUPs, and VOBs. Create an Image file using ImgTool Classic (or similar). Burn using ImgBurn.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s=b878c131a3575347de80eb3173a438f2&showtopic=61
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GREAT GUIDE .
    only one problem which ill be glad to get an answer for it.
    i did 2 subtitle for wide a box view replaced them with the original ones for the first i press on the wide and for the second i press on the other one (cant remember right now what it is) .
    when i play the dvd on my wide screen the sub or good altough it touch the bottom , but its good. on the other hand when play it on my regular tv the subs are shown only in half .

any idea ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Your subs wound up too low. They're even lower on the 4:3 TV set because of its greater overscan. To raise them back up to where they should be, use DVDSubEdit:

http://download.videohelp.com/DVDSubEdit/UserManual/helpfile.htm

Sections 2.7 and 2.8
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    im trying to install subtitle creator , and it says i need to instal .net framework v2.0.50727 anyone has a link to this file? the one you gave me before is not working
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanx manono !! will try it in my next project.
    altough now i have a bigger problem , yesterday i watch my first project SUPERMAN RETURN and during the movie there were 2 jitters (when the picture become squares) and 1 stucking for 2-3 second which was very dissapointing for me .
    i cant stand even one jitter/stucking/jumping in my movies.

When i made the project i didnt run any other apps at the background.

why this is happening and how can i avoid from it in the future projects ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was wondering; I've purchased myself a 4 disc version of Howl's Moving Castle. The first disc contains excellent videoquality with only one perfect DTS ES 6.1 audio stream, but unfortunately NO subs!!! The second disc contains the movie with inferior image-quality, 5 silly stereo (!) audio streams, BUT it contains the subs I need.

My question; is it possible to add the subs from the second disc to the perfect video and audio of the first disc, with a simplified demux-mux method maybe? Could I maybe simply copy the IFO file from the second disc over the IFO of the first one, to let it know which subs there are, and simply copy a demuxed sub from the 2nd disc somehow?
    Quote Quote  
  10. fibola-

during the movie there were 2 jitters (when the picture become squares)

So, go back to the DVD on the hard drive (before you burned it to disc). Play it in a software DVD player like PowerDVD. Do you see the same sticking and squares at the same places? If so, something went wrong during the decrypting/encoding stage. If not, something went wrong during the media/burning stage, probably bad media. My guess, based on no information at all, is that the DVD is OK, but the media isn't. Just a guess, though.

omaga6666-

I tried to answer your questions as best I could in your other post. It's considered very bad form to post the same question in 2 different threads.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you omaga6666 , i will check it out when i get home and see if there were any jitters on the original .
    1 more thing :
    1. couldnt be also some error during the demux , remux stage that can effect on the movie ?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi-

1. couldnt be also some error during the demux , remux stage that can effect on the movie ?

I suppose it's possible. I've never seen such things caused by demuxing or remuxing/authoring, though. I have, on the other hand, personally seen pixelation, blocking, and stuttering/temporary freezing caused by bad media.

i will check it out when i get home and see if there were any jitters on the original .

I meant for you to check the reauthored DVD on the hard drive, and not the original retail DVD. But maybe you knew that, and I just misunderstood.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    so i burned the dvd and the original subtitles show perfectly...but the ones i added are showin like if they were out of the screen..i mean, i can see the upper line of the subtitles, but the second line (the one down) i can see just half of it..the other half is like out of the screen...any idea what im i doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi-

Probably overscan if affecting how they appear. When you tested out the DVD on the hard drive, they didn't seem to be quite so low? When testing on the hard drive before burning, did you compare the position of the new subs in relation to the original ones? And while the new ones seemed OK, they were lower than the original ones? If the answer to all 3 questions is yes, then raise the vertical position of ONLY the new subs using DVDSubEdit. By default it selects all the subs in the top right. You want to use the drop-down box to choose only the new subs and then use the slider to raise them to the level of the original subs.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, first i thank you for this very good tutorial.

I've already added subs to three complete dvds with success using this guide.

But this time i'm encountering a new error message i hadn't seen before:

Until now i've demuxed, added the subs.sup file to the demuxed folder, and started remuxing.

The only difference with my previous works is that i'm adding subs to a dvd where there were none before. I don't think that's the reason i've got an error.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Hi-

Open the Celltimes.txt in Notepad. Remove/delete the last line/cell. Save it and remux with Muxman. It should be OK now.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay thanks, this thing is solved the muxing worked.

But i have something strange happening. I've remuxed twice this movie, and twice i've had different timings for the films, and even different from the original dvd.
    I explain: on the original dvd the 1st and last phrase spoken are at 0:00:18s and 1:36:45.
    On the 1st remuxing i got 0:00:15s and 1:36:46
    On the 2nd remuxing i got 0:00:17 and 1:36:53
    I used Rejig on the first try, and Muxman on the 2nd.

I always play the different trys with Powerdvd. This difference of timings gets my added subs always a bit out of touch at the beginnning and late at the end.

This is quite insane, i don't understand how i get different timings, it's not happened before. This movie is in NTSC and i think it's the 1st one i'm working on.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hi-

I wouldn't attach much importance to the timings PowerDVD gives you. And I have no idea how you encoded, or if this is an NTSC->PAL conversion, or what. However, if the source is NTSC, and the destination is NTSC, then there's no reason at all for the subs to get out of synch as a result of the remux. Are you saying they're in synch when you use Rejig, but not in synch when using Muxman? They were most like out of synch to begin with. Since you seem to be saying that Muxman makes the movie longer (not true, by the way), wouldn't you think that by the end the subs would play earlier, rather than later, when compared to the audio/video? Just a guess though, and since I know nothing about your workflow or conversion process, I can't really help. Sorry.

One way to test out the subs is to make a quick 1-pass AVI of the movie, and see if the subs are in synch. Maybe there are subtle framerate differences involved, like 30fps and 29.97fps.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    Hi-

I wouldn't attach much importance to the timings PowerDVD gives you. And I have no idea how you encoded, or if this is an NTSC->PAL conversion, or what. However, if the source is NTSC, and the destination is NTSC, then there's no reason at all for the subs to get out of synch as a result of the remux. Are you saying they're in synch when you use Rejig, but not in synch when using Muxman? They were most like out of synch to begin with. Since you seem to be saying that Muxman makes the movie longer (not true, by the way), wouldn't you think that by the end the subs would play earlier, rather than later, when compared to the audio/video? Just a guess though, and since I know nothing about your workflow or conversion process, I can't really help. Sorry.

One way to test out the subs is to make a quick 1-pass AVI of the movie, and see if the subs are in synch. Maybe there are subtle framerate differences involved, like 30fps and 29.97fps.
    I'm going to give you precise answers:

I didn't convert the video in any way, it's still NTSC at the end.

I meant on both tries it was out of synch. With muxman And Reijig i got the exact same result.

In fact you're right, at the end the subs are not late, they are early. When i wrote that i was dumbass, i mixed things up.

I'll explain how i converted: i simply used Demux to extract the video and audio. There are no subs on the dvd to start with. I'm just adding subs. So after demuxing video and audio, i add the sub file that i have previously synched to the dvd. To synch, i played the dvd with MediaPlayerClassic and opened my srt with VSfilter. Then i checkedthe timings for 1st and last sentence, and edited the subs using Subtitle Workshop.

Then i use muxman as usual, set everything, add the sub file in Wide and LB format, and launch the muxing.

The result is what i've described. Video still runs at 30fps according to PDVD, audio is in perfect synch, but subs start a bit late, get in good synch for at least 20mn, and then start getting too early.

What i'm gonna try to do, is get different timed subs, add them all and mux again. Then i'll see what subs gets the best synching.

I have just one question: NTSC is always perfect 30fps right? when can it be 29.97?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hi-

I have just one question: NTSC is always perfect 30fps right? when can it be 29.97?

No, NTSC is always 29.97fps (or, more accurately, 59.94 fields per second). My guess (more educated this time), is that you threw the subs out of synch yourself when you edited them, and that you, knowingly or unknowingly, converted some perfectly good 29.97fps subs to 30fps. If you have 23.976fps (or 29.97fps) subs to begin with, there shouldn't be more to do than, perhaps, adjusting the delay.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Haha, okay then maybe i did mess everything up myselft.

I'll keep you informed when i've solved it.

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI.

So it worked, i found some subs that got in perfect synch.

And the process of adding was as simple as if i had replaced a subtitle. I just remuxed, and then run Vobblanker with the options turned ON as it was counseled in a reply on the 1st page.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is a very good forum you guys have here. I'm a beginner at this subtitling and I have a question. I have an avi file with its subtitles that match correctly when played in any of my media players. If I want to burn this file to dvd with its subtitles, which by the way are in idx format, do I have to encode the files first and follow the instructions in the begining of this thread or is there a simpler way to do it? Thanks a lot
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!

Well on the last dvd i made, i've just watched the movie, and i've realized something is fucked up.
    After a few seconds in each chapter of the movie, the subs i've added get frozen on screen. I get one line of text, and the next one doesn't replace the first one, the first one stays on screen indefinitely. I can only get the subs to work again by deactivating and reactivating them in the menu with rightmouse click.
    The problem was tested with Pdvd and MPC.

I'm really pissed because now the dvd is burned, and it seems i've wasted a DVD9.

What has been done wrong in my process? was it something when i used VobBlanker in the end?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hi-

was it something when i used VobBlanker in the end?

No, I don't think so. You might test the Muxman authored DVD. I expect it'll have the same problem.

So the problem with the first subs wasn't that you messed them up, but that they were messed up to begin with, maybe PAL subs where you needed NTSC subs? If that's the reason they were out of synch, it's something I should have thought of myself. I don't download subs, and sometimes forget that they come in PAL and NTSC varieties. So, I apologize.

If you find that the Muxman subs are OK, but after doing the replace thing in VobBlanker they're messed up, you might try again, this time leaving VobBlanker at default settings. I always do the replace that way. I'm not saying that changing some of the settings is bad, but just that I haven't found the need to.

If the subs are bad in both the Muxman authored DVD, and in the final DVD made by VobBlanker, I would look at the SUP file you created. I don't create mine as described in the guide, but use completey different methods to go from text based subs to SUP format subs, so someone else might have to help. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HEY GUys its me...i have another problem...here is the thing:

I have a dvd with 2 subtitles (english and spanish) the ones in englysh are perfect sync, but the ones in spanish are not....so...i tried to find on the web some subtitles that worked for me, but didnt find any.....i think my only solution is to open the english subtitles and just tranlate them (use the same timing they have). but i cant find a way to open the .suP file of the dvd and convert it into .srt so i can work with it....plz help
    Quote Quote  
  28. Open the DVD in SubRip and OCR the language. If you don't know how, here's a guide:

http://www.doom9.org/subrip.htm
    Quote Quote  
  29. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    SPAM
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the subtitle is a little bit to low on the screen,
    if there is one line in the sub his bottom is a little below the screen (cuted)
    and if there is two subtitle lines the bottom between them is also been cut .
    how can i modify them to be a little bit higher ?
    Quote Quote