VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am assuming that your version of Windows is ALREADY Arabic-enabled?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    my windows is french with arabic so i can write arabic in wordpad winword and even in notepad
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there !
    I am just new in this forum, and I read this thread with interest but I couldn't find the answer I am needing...
    Here is my problem : I have a US DVD of a several TV episodes (4). I got the french subtitles of those episodes (4 files : *.idx + *.sub that I converted into *.srt files), and I'd like to replace the english subs with the french ones while keeping the rest of the DVD untouched. What I don't understand is that I only have one VOB (VTS_02_x.VOB) containing the 4 eps. When I demuxed, using VOBEdit or PGCDemux, I obtained only one videostream. So my question is : should I join my 4 *.srt files before I try to remux everything ? If so, How can I make sure the timing will be good ?
    Or is there a way to demux the 4 eps into 4 different videostreams and check the timing, before remuxing everything together ?

Well, I don't know if I'm being very clear but I hope someone could help me

PS : I am kind of a newbie in DVDauthoring, and french, so sorry for my bad english
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have that same problem like a "dudule". I have remuxed vob files (ep1, ep2, ep3, ep4) with my custom subtitles and they works fine in vlc. VobBlanker looks like this:

Now when I try repleace PGC#3,4,5,6 with ep1,2,3,4/VTS_01_0.IFO all compilation have 2x more space :/. What I need to do for make this works with untouched menu?
    Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yeah, you've got problems, n4p1, as does dudule if his is the same way. What do you see if you highlight PGC 1 and hit the "Cells" button in that pic? If you see only 4 cells, then you're OK, and you can replace each cell with an episode. But typically each episode will be divided into several cells/chapters, and cells won't correspond to complete episodes. And you can't "Replace" PGCs 3, 4, 5, and 6 either.

I'm afraid your only recourse is to merge the 4 subtitle tracks into 1. As dudule mentions, the hardest part is to merge them and make sure they're in synch with the audio and video. What I do when faced with similar problems is to make an AVI from the whole thing, mux the audio, and that way I can test out my joined subtitle track more easily, before then continuing with the DVD authoring. Maybe there's an easier and faster way that someone else can suggest.

You do have something in your favor, and that is PGCs 3, 4, 5, and 6 telling you the exact length of each episode. Each sub track has to have the sum total of the previous episodes added to its starting time when merged. Understand? The timings for episode 1 are left alone, episode 2 has 41:53:05 added to it, episode 3 has 1:24:13:18 added to it, etc. With luck, you may not have to make an AVI to test it out, but just make the merged sub track, author, and hope for the best.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, so the one posibility is merge subs and make only one vob from PGC#1. I think about that, but first I wanted ask if there is any easys posibility .
    Thx for guide how to merge subs but I know how to do it ;p.
    cheers and sorry for my bad english.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by n4p1
    Ok, so the one posibility is merge subs and make only one vob from PGC#1. I think about that, but first I wanted ask if there is any easys posibility .
    Thx for guide how to merge subs but I know how to do it ;p.
    cheers and sorry for my bad english.
    I'd convert the VOB to MPEG and cut that into the 4 separate episodes (using MPEG2VCR, eg), then reauthor, combining with your subtitle files. This should be lossless, VOB is already MPEG2.

You should check sync of the subtitles with a tool like Subtitle Workshop. Quite likely your video will be off from the subs.

Use MPEG2VCR to demux if necessary for authoring.

You'll lose the fancy menu if there was one; I make similar DVDs with guiforDVDauthor, paste in a screenshot or promo image as background for the menu. You can set chapter points within each episode, and even make an image menu for that. I just set 9 points evenly spaced and add one at the end of the opening credits.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have 4 separate eps with custom subs, everything works, I can write it on dvd and play in standalone player and everythink works. But i need orginal menu, I just want have that same DVD+my custom subs . Now I trying this solution with merge subs, tomorow I write If that works fine.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Merge subs solution is ok, everythinks working with orginal menu. Now Im trying add button in menu with my custom subs ... I try DvdReMake. I change bacground, add button, add command, export dvd, burn and menu dosent shown :/. Can someone give me a link to working guide with add button, change background in menu? I search alot and cant find, thx.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi again, back to my problems, i've managed to solve some, thanx to manono and some i figured out after many tries..

1st, i had a problem with PgcDemux and not beign able to see the audio delay for Sony made DVD's, after testing it with mplayerc.exe and figuring out what is the delay is, i found that its 300ms for all the sony DVD's i tested, DaVinci Code, Monster House..

2nd, a new thing came up after syncing the audio with the video... now the subtitle out of sync... so testing came out with delaying the subtitles from SubtitleCreator.exe for -51800 got them all working back again..

3nd, something weird happens to the menu afterward, with DaVinci Code, for example, my subtitle is number 2 in the remote, but in the menu its number 3.. this has never happend with any other DVD.

4th, and this is what i couldnt figure out alone and i needed some help ... its with Monster House, after i demuxed the menu VOB and rejoined the files into one VOB again after editing the menu BMP (which i have done this many times with other DVD's perfectly).. the menu keeps showing another pic that is the original pic of the DVD and not the one i have edited to place my own sub..
    opening the demuxed VOB with DGIndex shows the BMP i edited and saved and remuxed, playing the VOB with VLC blinks the edited BMP and remain to the original image that i cant really figure where its reading it from... i've opened all the demxed vob from the main VOB.. but none got that image.... any ideas????

thanx
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi-

the menu keeps showing another pic that is the original pic of the DVD and not the one i have edited to place my own sub..

Hehe, spooky, eh? You replaced the original with your edited one, but when you go to that menu when playing the DVD, it shows the original? Yet, when you check out the various menus in DGIndex, there's your edited one?

I'd say there's more than one of that original menu in the DVD, and you only edited and replaced one of them. Open your "final" DVD in VobBlanker and select the menu, and check them all one by one at the cell level. Check every single cell. I'll bet there's your edited one, and at least one more of the original unedited one. It's not uncommon to have more than one of the same menu pic in the DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes, that what happens... "but"... if i open the same mini VOB file ia VLC.. it shows the original pic.. when its in other folder the the same original DVD, so theres no link with other VOBs, and een before joining back the mini VOB files, into the big one menu VOB file.. and i have trible check all the mini vob files for the hidden original pic... nothing..
    i am sure that somewhere inside the mini VOB file, theres a hidden layer or something like that to keep showing the original pic.. but donno how to reach it..
    Quote Quote  
  13. Which is why I said to check all the menu cells in VobBlanker. If all you check is the PGC for each menu, you might not spot it. It's not unusual for there to be 2 or more cells in the same menu PGC. VobBlanker (and even PGCEdit if you know how) can show you the unedited but otherwise identical cells.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a problem after finish all the steps. Here are my steps.
    1. I have a DVD has 7 episodes on 7 different PCG files. This DVD has NO subtitle.
    2. Follow the guide to demux, create SUP, remux to 7 VOBs.
    3. Use VobBlanker to replace original 7 VOBs with the reauthored 7 VOBs
    4. Burn DVD.

The problem is I cannot enable subtitle on DVD Player (Sony Playstation 2), which said there's no subtile on the DVD. Neither on Windows Media Player.

But I CAN enable subtitle properly on Media Player Classic.

I'm wondering if the problem was caused by there NO subtitle in original DVD. Is there anything special at this scenario?

Any advice? thx
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi-

I'm wondering if the problem was caused by there NO subtitle in original DVD.

Yes, that's why. You have to "turn on" the subtitle before you can use it. Open the final DVD in PGCEdit, double-click on the movie in the left window, turn on the first sub (which will be # 0) by opening it and "Set". OK your way out to the main window. Find the green reel of film icon along the top row of icons and click on it. It's going to give you a message about the number of sub streams changing and offer to fix it. . "Yes", Save, and Test.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great! It works fine. Thank you sooooooo much manono!
    Quote Quote  
  17. You're welcome, lodge. Enjoy your movie with the new subtitle.

By the way, I forgot to mention, after clicking on the green reel of film and hitting "Yes", you can set the language for your sub (zh if for a Chinese language). Then after saving, when testing it out, you'll see the language listed, instead of just Subtitle 1, or something like that. Maybe you noticed that when in that new window.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey guys i need help..im having problems right from the start...here is the thing:

I copied all the files in the dvd to the hard drive using DVDecrypter as u guys sayd...everything is ok....

the problem is this... to view the dvd files I Use Power Dvd..if i run the dvd by autorun using power dvd, i can see the original subtitles of the dvd with no problems...BUT...when i open manually a single file...or even select them all and add them to a play list , i cant see the subtitles...not even from the dvd...anyone knows how to use power dvd in order to see the subtitles? or can you give me another program to view the dvds..since i need to preview the files in order to see if the subtiles are sync once i add them
    Quote Quote  
  19. BUT...when i open manually a single file...or even select them all and add them to a play list , i cant see the subtitles...

You don't get subs when playing the Vobs. You have to play the DVD. You have to open the IFO. In my old Version 4 of PowerDVD, I "Open DVD File On Hard Disk Drive" and scroll to an IFO - any IFO - on the DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok..now i can see the subtitles from the "original" folder...time to complete the process...im sure ill have some more problems hehe, good to know i have help here, thanks.

-------------several hours later---------------

ok...i have another problem hehe...instead of postin a new reply i just edited my last one...here is the thing:

when i get to step 5..and i run muxman...the program crashes...so i tried with rejig...and the whole process goes the right way...the thing is that when i check my "redemuxed" folrder..all i have are really really small files...like 650kb files and stuff...what im i doing wrong?...can you help me?, and also send me plz a link with muxman, cuz I downloaded it again from this site, and still crashes...thanks
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i used ifoedit and it worked...but then i have another problem..here it goes:

im trying to add some subtitles to a 3 episodes dvd i have....now..as u could see in my previous post, i couldnt use muxman...and rejig just gave me small files...i used ifoedit and it worked...when i preview the first episode on power dvd..the subtitles show....now here is the thing....

my first episode is in the files vts_01_1.vob and vts_01_2.vob, that means their ifo files is vts_01_0.ifo ...great....the problem is..that the second episode (and i dont know why) is in vts_01_3.vob and vts_01_4.vob.....the first step of this guide is to browse the .ifo file of the main movie...but how can i do this? if the ifo file for episode 2 is the same as episode 1.... and when i did the whole process browsing vts_01_0.ifo, it worked only with the 2 files of the first episode...no sing of the second episode...plz help....
    Quote Quote  
  22. They might be in the same VTS, but most likely they're in different PGCs. What are you trying to do, demux the episodes from the DVD? If so, try PGCDemux.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    not from the dvd, but from my "original folder"... how do i know in which pgc is my second episode?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hi-

If you're using PGCDemux to get the different episodes, and if they're all 3 in the same VTS, then open the IFO for the VTS, check the dropdown box, and you should see the 3 episodes listed. Demux them one after the other.

There are other possibilities, like they may be in different VTS's (but from what you've said so far, that doesn't seem to be the case), or they may be in the same VTS, and also in the same PGC, divided only by chapter numbers. Let's hope that's not the case.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok so i did what you sayd...i used pgcdemux in my vts..then opened de dropdown box and there were 5 pgcs, the first one of 1:06:18 (lenght of my first episode), and the numer 2 ,00:45:31 (lenght of my second episode), the other 3 were 0:01:00, 0:06:00 and 0:01:00.
    so i demuxed the pgc 2....the process went well but my output file is just 892mb and after 00:31:43 there is nothing more...what im i doing wrong? is not space, cuz i have a lot of free space
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hi-

The short answer is that I have no idea what you did wrong. But I'm not convinced yet that anything went wrong, either.

This 892 MB output file, that's what PGCDemux gave you? And you have reason to believe it should be larger? And how do you know there's only 31 of the 45 minutes there? How are you determining the length? Open it in DGIndex and scroll around and make sure it's really short. Have you reauthored with the subtitle, using Muxman, and then played the reauthored DVD of the second episode to confirm it's too short?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yeah i did that, i reauthored the file with ifoedit (remember muxman doesnt work for me) and it cuts the episode....so..what can i do?
    Quote Quote  
  28. You didn't reencode anything? You just demuxed and then remuxed with the new sub?

Did you check out those other 3 PGCs that you mentioned earlier:
    the other 3 were 0:01:00, 0:06:00 and 0:01:00.
    Those times mentioned are seconds or minutes? Did you open the M2V PGCDemux gave you in DGIndex (or VDubMod) and confirm it's too short? Are you sure you got a good decrypt with DVD Decrypter? I've never had a problem like you're describing when using PGCDemux, so I would look elsewhere for an explanation

Open the DVD on the hard drive in VobBlanker and look around for an explanation for the problem. It'll give you the size and lengths of all the PGCs. You can also demux using VobBlanker, and you can compare lengths and sizes. It also has a Preview function to check out what's in each video.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok so i ran pgcdemux again and it all went well....im in step 8 now..allready used vobblanker...now here is my question, i replaced the original subtitle of the dvd with my own...do I still have to do step 9? or is this step only for those who are adding new subtitles?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Since you're keeping the same number of subs, nothing has to be done as far as adding to, or subtracting from, the number of subs. You may want to change the language from whatever it was before to the new one. Both that IFOEdit step as described in the guide, as well as changing the language, are much more easily done in PGCEdit these days. Open the DVD in PGCEdit, right-click on the video->Domain Streams Attributes. In the new screen that opens up, change the language for the sub to your language (es, most likely). Then it'll show correctly in PowerDVD, or when using the remote on the standalone. You may even want to edit the subtitle menu, to wipe out the old language, and replace it with yours.
    Quote Quote