VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sepehr_s
    I wanna watch a movie on Dvd but it doesn't have English Subtitle how can I watch that movie with english subtitle without shrinking or copying it to my hard drive ?
    I am afraid the answer is "you don't".
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Bluedha & Paddington,

I demuxed a dvd, following this guide, and am not able to get this dvd in particular working.
    The problem is that it works somehow with VBR(AC3 6channel) I think, because when I stripped the vobs with both PGCDemux & VobEdit, i get different starting times from the video & audio (PGCDemux says null delay). So I remuxed the dvd with MuxMan, both the one done by PGCDemux & the one done by VobEdit, that gave both the same result: Audio behind the video. So I did a "full procedure", thinking it could be in the IFO's something was wrong, but the problem stayed after the dvd was "merged" again with the menu's & the IFO mods. The new subs added however, seem to work perfectly in sync with the audio. So if somebody can help me out with this annoying time consuming problem.

The weird thing is, that I did multiple dvds with this guide, and they all worked perfect.

PS: Settings are all the same like your guide.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am afraid the answer is "you don't".
    ....You could always buy it with english subs
    ...or let somebody else do the De/Re-mux for you :P
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all

I am following this guide and I am having some problems while remuxing the streams. MuxMan will complete the task without any errors, but the resulting VOBs have only one cell with a few minutes, instead of all cells and the entire movie. The size of the VOBs is the expected, only the navigation parameters seems wrong.

Here are some screenshots from VobBlanker:

Source VTS:

Source cells:

Remuxed VTS:

Remuxed cells:

The size difference for the remuxed VTS is because the original movie had 3 audios with 6 channels, so I just reencoded 2 audio streams to 2 channels to save space.

I am using CellTimes.txt from PGCDemux. If I remux the streams without loading CellTimes.txt, then the resulting VOBs have the correct playing length, but whenever I add more cells, the problem appears.

I also tried using ReJig, but it crashes by the end of the subpictures multiplexing process.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, this guide is really good.

I have a dvd which has 24 different language. But MuxMan has only 8 track for language input. Can i add or replace a new subtitle without losing them?
    Quote Quote  
  6. If you want more subtitle languages than 8, then you have to buy the Muxman Pro version (or whatever it's called). Otherwise, add your replacement sub, and choose 7 other languages you want.

I believe that IFOEdit can author using all 24 of your languages.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks.

One more thing is:
    I've gotten this warning from VobBlanker when i choose replacement file.
    Is it normal or will cause a problem about sound? Should i get rid of this warning? If yes, how?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Is it normal? Yes, I see it all the time.

Will it cause a problem with the sound? Probably. You may not have any sound until you remap the audio.

One way it's caused is that the original audio may have been the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th audio stream. When you author, that audio naturally becomes the 1st audio stream. It can easily be fixed using PGCEdit by Disabling whatever stream number the original audio was, and by Setting or turning on the 1st audio stream.

And you're not gmichels from an earlier post who actually reencoded his 6 channel audio down to 2 channels, are you? I'm assuming you're using the original audio.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM

Many thanks, i'll try it.

I'm not gmichels and yes, i'm using the original audio.

Btw: I've authored and played it. Then i've seen that it seems no problem with the audio. Windows Media Player and my standalone dvd player can play the movie with sound

But i'll try reauthor without any warning to make a perfect disk.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Oh, so it works? Then I wouldn't worry about the warning. All it's doing is changing the number of channels listed in the IFO. Maybe it was incorrect originally, and VobBlanker fixed it.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sepehr_s
    I wanna watch a movie on Dvd but it doesn't have English Subtitle how can I watch that movie with english subtitle without shrinking or copying it to my hard drive ?
    The new version of SubtitleCreator v2.0.1RC1 requires the .NET framework, but it allows you to do just that: Manusse has implemented a DirectShow filter that SC can use to put a subtitle file on top of a running DVD. Really cool, so please check it out.

In addition, more related to this thread, using VobBlanker, MuxMan and PgcDemux, I can now automate the whole process of adding subtitles using the DVD Authoring Wizard in SubtitleCreator.
    Author of SubtitleCreator
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    a small question.. is it possible to edit the image in menu/subtitle?
    i have English, Spanish, French.. so i wanna add Arabic subtitle instead of one of the three languages, but change it also in the menu to look like: English, Spanish, Arabic.
    that should include image editing.. but is ti possible to reach that menu image, edit it, save it in the same place of the old one?

thanx
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hi-

This guide will walk you through doing what you want:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=555936#post555936

I've used it many times with success. I've read that you can do the same thing more easily using DVDRemake Pro, but I don't know. The editing part isn't explained. but I'll assume you can do it on your own.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi, i have worked this guide and it did work perfect with me... until.. i reached to "Annapolis".. it doesnt show the numper of Audio Delay.. just shows the audio and as cutted.. so i cant see the number.. though in other DVD's it shows fine... i have noth NTSC and PAL original DVD's and they do the same... and, today, i've got "Eight Below".. and its the same also, doesnt show the numbers for Audio deplay, so when i finish the movie, there a big difference between the Audio and the video..

any one had this problem??
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi again... i guess every one now knows how to add subtitle and keep the menu, so maybe no one get to this page and read whats new.. but i hope theres some who still email watching this topic...

so.. heres my question...

i just got Final Destination 3 that has 2 versions of the movie in it, the theatrical version, and choose their fate version, which puts you in control and decide who lives and who dies (?).. plus, this is notenough to be compicated.. it has 2 angles!!
    i started wokring with it to put my own subtitle... but the muxman gives an error during remuxing and stops.. also the DVD wezard in subtitle workshop finishes as its done.. but the result is the same as in muxman, same files same size half job done..

so what to do?? how to bypass this problem?! any one got into it before?!

thanx

another thing.. in the PgcDemux, after i choose the IFO for the DVD and in the popup i chosse the PGC # , i saw like four PGC's with almost same movie length, and they all gives the same number os cells and for the 1st time i see that i can choose Agnle 1 or 2 from the lower popup....

cheers
    Quote Quote  
  16. I would like to thank for this great guide - it's been very useful.

I have one question though: How exactly do you do to add subtitles to a multi-PGC title, I e an episodic DVD with episodes in multiple PGCs in the same VTS? The guide only mentioned the cases where each episode is in a different VTS (VOB)...
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for this guide.
    It works. I added a subtitle with this guide and I edited Menu with dvdremake. but I have a guestion that suffer me.
    after step 7 (vobblanker) When Play dvd with windvd 6. slider bar is not selectable. so we cannot go forward or backward.
    subtitle that added play good with windvd but in standalone dvdplayer (Sony) subtitles are completely in blackbar behinde the move.
    Please help me.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Hi-

but in standalone dvdplayer (Sony) subtitles are completely in blackbar behinde the move.

Do you mean the subtitles are below the movie? If so, DVDSubEdit is your friend:

https://www.videohelp.com/~DVDSubEdit/UserManual/helpfile.htm

Section 2.7 explains how to raise the subtitles, and section 2.1 explains how to apply and save the changes for all the subtitles.

Or maybe I've completely misunderstood.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank manono for quick reply. I meaned below. But what can I do with slide bar In windvd.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Hehe, I didn't answer that one because I don't know the answer. It isn't a problem using a standalone, so I don't worry about it.

Bamana Khoda.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't get my audio to match the video when I put them together with muxman... even though PgcDemux said that there was no delay..
    What could be the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hi-

Perhaps a funky decrypt. There's nothing to prevent you from determining the delay and then setting it in Muxman, though. If it's greater than 300 ms (the limit for Muxman), use Delay Cut to fix it.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    Hi-

Perhaps a funky decrypt. There's nothing to prevent you from determining the delay and then setting it in Muxman, though. If it's greater than 300 ms (the limit for Muxman), use Delay Cut to fix it.
    What's the best way to determine how big the delay is? Because there must be an easier way than guessing
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hi-

To find the delay, open a vob in Media Player Classic. Right-click the screen and go Options->Filter->Audio Switcher->check the "audio time shift" box, and fill in an estimate of the amount of asynch. Hit "Apply" and test it out. Negative values are to make the audio play earlier. 1000 ms= 1 second. Resume playback. Adjust until you get it right. At that point you'll know how much the audio is out of synch and how much to set the delay in Muxman or Delay Cut.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello, another thing i faced during subtitlting with new Sony movies, like Basic Institct 2, RV..
    i am facing a problem with MuxMan that keeps getting an error at the end of its work. and testing the result dvd showes it wont work, if u keep going on to VobBlanker, it will give another error at the end, and the result wont include the subtitle i added.. kept trying for days searching the internet, but couldnt find a solution..
    the only thing i figured, that if i dont import the chapters in MuxMan, then it will work fine till the end and to VObBlanker, and the DVD will show the result with the subtitle i added with menus with everything.. but... no chapters... have to watch the movie from the beggining to the end as one piece.. and that sucks!

any one faced this thing before? or anyone have a solution?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hi-

i am facing a problem with MuxMan that keeps getting an error at the end of its work.

Maybe it would help if you said what the error was. You can find the Muxman log in the root of the C drive. I think I know what your error is, but I refuse to guess.

Also, if you decrypted these new DVDs you mentioned using RipIt4Me in the first place, the chances are very good you wouldn't have these synch problems.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also, if you decrypted these new DVDs you mentioned using RipIt4Me in the first place, the chances are very good you wouldn't have these synch problems.
    done that... didnt help either..
    this problem i faced in: Final Destination3, Basic Instinct2, RV, Scary Movie 4, Sentinel.. and i guess they all a Sony made.. they will only work if i dont import the chapters in MuxMan.. and the error that muxman reports attached as an image to this msg...
    [/img]

Quote Quote  
  28. When you see that message, delete the last cell in the Celltimes.txt and mux again.

To keep that sort of thing from happening in the future, open the LogFile.txt and find the total frames line:

Total Number of Frames=263170

Then open the Celltimes.txt file. If the last frame number listed in the Celltimes.txt file is within 30 frames or so of the total number of frames in the LogFile.txt, delete it. When replacing using VobBlanker, it'll throw a warning which you can safely ignore.

And I apologize for the RipIt4Me and the asynch audio remark from before. I was thinking of the previous poster who was having problems with asynch audio.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello again manono..
    tried your last post on "The Sentinel".. deleted the last row of cell number from "Celltimes.txt".. muxed it.. muxman didnt report the error mentioned before, but the result didnt work... even though, i kept going with VobBlanker, the result ran the menu.. but playing the movie will get you back to menu..

also checked the celltimes.txt last cell with Total Number of Frames in logFile.txt, it was like this:
    Total Number of Frames=194251 (in LogFile.txt)
    last row for celltime= 194236 (in CellTimes.txt

so still to make it work i had to do it without importing the celltimes..
    Quote Quote  
  30. Hi-

but the result didnt work

Are you saying that the Muxman authored DVD (before replacing in VobBlanker) didn't work?

I was only answering about your Muxman error. I'm not responsible for it not working, as I have no idea what went on before then. However, I have heard of a couple of instances of Muxman not working, but authoring in IFOEdit did work. You might try that next. It takes the same assets in the same formats as does Muxman. To author, go DVD Author->Author New DVD up at the top.

Total Number of Frames=194251 (in LogFile.txt)
    last row for celltime= 194236 (in CellTimes.txt

Yes, that's a good example where checking before authoring, and deleting the last Celltimes.txt frame number, will save you from a muxing error.
    Quote Quote