VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Hey

So I know this forum seems pretty well dead, but I'm hoping someone sees this.

I've been using GUI4FFMPEG rather successfully, though infrequently to convert my AVI/XVID files to mpg but I've run into this issue twice. First time something corrected itself, but this time I can't seem to get around it.

What happens is that after I follow the guide each step precisely and hit the encode button, the DOS screen pops up and then disappears. Nothing seems to indicate the process starts or stops or anything. I then, maybe foolishly, repeatedly hit the Encode button and I see that the DOS screen says something, but I really can't read it because it disappears so fast. I think it says something about something not being supported.

Can anyone help me? Just tell me what other info I need to supply...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Fantasma

please open gui4ffmpeg, make your settings and press the Generate button.
    This creates the ffmpeg command string. Copy this string. Open a DOS box and
    paste the copied string. So you'll see, what is happend with your command.
    The home of the sun - http://www.blueview.de.vu
    Quote Quote  
  3. I did exactly as you said, and now the process is running. Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly!

I did manage to find out what the DOS prompt was saying after many trials yesterday: 'cmd' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Since then, I have set about scanning my system to check things over.

Thanks again so much for helping me out!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I just started using gui4ffmpeg and it is working great. Now, is there a way to convert multiple files at once? I have about 10 files that I want to convert, and it would be nice to set them to go automatically one after the other - rather than having to sit next to my computer and re-run the program every 10 or 15 minutes.
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    chuy346

Load your first file and make your settings. Go to "Batch" in the menu
    and choose "Add current command".
    Load your second file and make the settings. Go to "Batch" in the menu
    and choose "Add current command".
    Repeat this procedure with all your files.
    If finished, go to menu and choose "Run batch file".
    Quote Quote  
  6. Great! Thanks so much for your help.

Chuy
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have multiple avi. I need to combine them and then convert them to DVD. Do I have to combine the avi with some software or can I use gui4ffmpeg13 to convert and combine at the same time?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Usually this program works very well for me. However, I have found that when converting some files, they stop midway through converting (at approximately 300MB), this causes my computer to slow down a lot too. This has happened with british TV shows Big Train and Peep Show. Can anyone help?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi..

I am jus tryin to use this s/w and til now it works gr8..nw the output wil be a mpeg file..hw to write these files as Video DVD..

Can i use Nero to take these files and write them as Video DVD or is thr any other s/w to mk Video DVD..

Help needed pls..

TIA
    -=[ Prepare 2 B Compressed ]=-
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi...i dont know if anyone checks this anymore, but i just got gui4ffmpeg and converted a DivX file (2000 MB) to a mpg (700 MB) for a DVD. Unfortunately, the quality has gone waaaay down. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having the same problem as tombombca.

Trying to convert a divx avi of 349MB into a DVD compliant mpg. The resultant file is 250MB, and is extremely blocky and pixellated.

I followed the instructions at the start of this thread, so i'm a bit puzzled.

I did notice that when I selected the source file, gui4ffmpeg didn't display any attributes of the file at all.

Any help with this would be very gratefully received. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quality in gui4ffmpeg

In the newest versions of ffmpeg the video bitrate must be entered in bit/s.
    Gui4ffmpeg uses the old kbit/s. Please enter in the video bitrate field the
    value as bit/s (e.g. 6000000 instead of 6000).
    Quote Quote