VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I insert my DVD into DVD shrink, it opens the disk ok, when I go to back up to my hdd, it says:

"DVD shrink encountered an error and cannot continue
    Copy Protection Error
    The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error."

So I backed up the files using DVD Decrypter, it backed up files totalling 7.37GB. It worked fine.

Now, I go back into DVD shrink to shrink files to fit on a DVD disc. I select "Open Files", look for the folder where the VOB files etc are and click open.

An error comes up saying that,
    "DVD shrink has encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to open the file. The system cannot find the file specified"

Firstly, why is this happening?
    How can I shrink the files to fit onto a 4.7GB disk.

I have tried a different source dvd using dvd shrink and it is fine, it just happens with one particular dvd.
    It's not a Black and White world, to be alive the colours must swirl.
    And I believe that maybe today, we would all get to appreciate.... The Beauty of Gray.
    - Ed Kowalcyk (LIVE) -
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Without knowing your location (hint: update your profile ), the only thing I can think of is Sony's Arccos protection, which DVDShrink can't handle. If you were to give us the name of the DVD you're backing up, maybe someone else has successfully backed it up and can help you with an alternative method.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVDFabDecrypter for a free one.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi again,

firstly, thanks for your help.

My location is Australia, and the DVD I am trying to back up is 'Million Dollar Baby'.

Thanks
    And I believe that maybe today, we would all get to appreciate.... The Beauty of Gray.
    - Ed Kowalcyk (LIVE) -
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Vanna
    Hi again,

firstly, thanks for your help.

My location is Australia, and the DVD I am trying to back up is 'Million Dollar Baby'.

Thanks
    Have you managed to rip it yet.Please let us know.
    ~Luke~
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I did rip it to my hdd using DVD Decrypter, but cannot shrink it, at the moment it is over 7GB in size.

Is there another program that can shrink the VOB files?
    - Ed Kowalcyk (LIVE) -
    Quote Quote  
  7. For shrinking Nero Recode (Similar to DVDShrink but trialware) or DVD Rebuilder is free.
    DVDShrink should work fine.Didn't you try ripping with DVDFab Decrypter or with DVDDecrypter but with using AnyDVD in the background?It could be Sony's protection thats making DVDShrink screw up you see.
    ~Luke~
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks laspis, I will try tonight to use dvdfab decrypter, and I will have a look at using dvd rebuilder.

Once again, thanks for all your help.

I noticed while reading the forums, that "The Forgotten" was a problem with members, I had the same problem.
    - Ed Kowalcyk (LIVE) -
    Quote Quote