Page 1 of 17
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://aktee.t35.com/

This guide will teach you how to make a Batch (*.bat) file that will:
    1- Generate Avisynth (*.avs) files
    2- Convert Video to DVD-Compliant files (MPEG2, *.m2v)
    3- Convert Audio to DVD-Compliant files (*.mp2)
    4- Multiplex the Video + Audio (*.mpg)
    Unlike other guides, this one will do that to multiple video, with a few click, seamlessly, without wasting time between each steps.

In other word, this is for layzie people, or people with 150 episode to encode ^^.

It currently support:
    CCE 2.71 SP & Basic
    QuENC (freeware)
    FFMPEG (freeware)

Video Source supported
    -AVI (FullScreen or WideScreen)
    -BETA: OGM (Fullscreen or Widescreen), 2 max audio, 1 subtitle track.

OGM is in BETA STAGE. It will only works on OGM with
    1 Video,
    2 Audio,
    1 Subtitle.
    It will convert the VIDEO, Convert the Audio, and leave the Subtitle at SRT Format. All that is left to do is Author.

MKV!!!
    A friend of mine over at AnimeSuki, named GHDPro, created a veeeery nice PHP script for AVI/MKV!
    http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=38694
    It automatically detects if the source is widescreen or fullscreen... And best of all: It can queue!!! Damn Nice! Take a look! =)).

Future Plans:
    -Test and test and test OGM
    -Screenshots/Precise Benchmark for each encoder. Instead of encoding at high bitrate, I will encode at low (2000kbps) to see which one has the best quality at low bitrate. I also will benchmark in Single-Pass VBR (Q Factor of 35), and post the screenshot.
    -Add Basic Authoring script (This will Author the files without menu. You will still have chapters, and if you have OGM, it will dual-audio and soft-sub it.)
    -MKV Support! Soon Enough!

Baldrick, please update =((..
    https://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?guideid=812&howtoselect=4;10#812
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So if I use the Trial Version of CCE SP 2.66 it will leave a watermark.
    Then I rather not use it then.
    I checked the Price on this Program.
    $1950 and that is so Over Board.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    CCE Basic works too. I just don't have it! =|.

It's 60 bucks, same price as TMPGENC Xpress.

I put the SP Trial version, because the trial of Basic only works for 3 minute + watermark
    The trial on SP is unlimited, but with watermark.

Quality is the same. 1900$ of difference.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are there other MPEG 2 Encoders that will be able to work. And did you get my PM.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can use any encoder if you want. But I use CCE because of the command-line function.
    Using TMPGENC is a kind of "waste", since you can't really start it off a batch file. That means, you'll have to encode, wait 'til it finishes, and open the batch. Sucks eh? =\.

You could try QuENC. It's free and it's command-line, too.

and Yes I have received your PM, Also added you. We're jut not online at the same time =|| haha.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hey im using TMPG Encoder and the dvd author too. I am having issues with anime subtitles. I have gotten them to stop form being cut off from tht e bottom but now the sides are cut off on some long sentences. Any pointers?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well hmm, if you followed my guide, the subtitle aren't supposed to be cut off.

If it is, put a bigger value for the AddBorder line in the AVS Line.

With TMPGENC Encoder, I believe you just have to use its built-in filter.
    When you add the file, press on Filter, and select "Resize".
    Image position: Center (Custom Size)
    and put 660 x 440.

It should fix your problem.
    Quote Quote  
  8. alright i cannot find the filter selection settings.
    All the other stuff is set up.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    which version of tmpgenc you have? the instruction I gave below was for TMPGENC Xpress.

If you have the free version (TMPGENC), open the AVS file instead of the AVI one.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your guide was *exactly* what I was looking for.
    I've been collection Naruto since ep 8, and always wondered how to transform the .avi's to DVD. Now I can make my Bleach (fansubbed and unlicensed) DVD's! (If you like Naruto, give Bleach a try!)

Your CCE SP 2.67 guide was straightforward and on the money.

I then started making the FOR lopps to renumber the commands in the batch file, and i see that you've taken even *that* to the next level by batch creating the .avs files!

Great stuff.

Quick ?'s:
    Why the switch from CCE 2.66(67) to 2.70? is it the speed, quality, etc.?
    How much more useful does CCEFront really make CCE 2.70?
    In the Framserving .avs, is the quality difference *that* apparent using Lanczos4Resize over LanczosResize?

Sorry for the deluge of questions, but the PC I use to do the conversions is at work, and I figured I'd ask the person who took the time to hammer this out.

Once again, GREAT guide. You've made quite a few anime friends *very* happy!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    WOHOOOO! Finally someone who tells me it's cool.

Some people complained a little bit because, as far as I know, CCE 2.66-267 is no longer on the market, only 2.70..

Some people like me, kept 2.66 because we liked it. Some other were new so they had to buy it..

CCEFRONT for 2.70 is a command-line extender for CCE. In our tutorial, it won't really be useful.. but, it's really useful to do other things (Like the RoBA thing for one-pass VBR). If you only intend to convert anime, don't bother =))

2.70 is somewhat slower, on my machine. I heard it was slower for AMD machines, not sure about this. Speed is great anyway (still better than TMPGENC hehe).

About LanczosResize.. I cannot see any diff with Lanczos and Lanczos4 with Naruto, but I can with hollywood movies. I guess I just put it there for people who wasn't happy wth the quality.

And yeah, I know bleach, I'm done converting it

thanks for your comments man
    Quote Quote  
  12. This was one helpful guide! Buuut, I've got some issues with what I've done thus far:

Every file I've tried to convert has the sound thrown off track with the video. If I convert using just gui4ffmpeg, it's flawless, except the subs get cut off. So I need to figure out the borders.

I tried the CCE, but don't want to have the watermark covering up the subs either, so I'm giving Tmpgenc a try. Is there a way to fix this sound problem? It just seems the sound gets mixed up when the screen is resized.....

I'll keep trying myself, but any help is appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tell me your steps.
    -What video encoder
    -What audio encoder

I don't really understand your post (2 am in the morning, you really got to forgive me hehe). You said you had some issues with my guide, but you say you was using gui4ffmpeg and tmpgenc, which are not yet included in my guide.

First of all, you could do it by opening the AVS FILE instead of the AVI FILE with Gui4ffmpeg. Not sure if it accepts avs files, but it should.

If it's with TMPGENC, you could also load the AVS file instead of the AVI file. Maybe TMPGENC have a problem with pulldowning the video..

anyway, just tell me clearly what tools you're using

peace!

--
    edit

If you want a good mpeg encoder, try QUENC. plus I got a tut for it.

edit2

I just used FFMPEG. Holy cow, it's friggin fast. Quality is not so good at 2000 but it's good, real good. Thanks to you, you convinced me into doing a batch-tutorial for it
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK. I converted 12 eps using the CCE 2.67 tutorial (i dont have 2.70) and it worked perfectly.

I tried 13, and the audio is not syncing. The final 13.mpg is 29 mins, but the audio of this file (and the other *good* .mpg files) are 23mins.

my starting 13.avi (and .avs) files are sync'd fine, (i did 13.avi with the other 12, and it is just like the rest.) I created the .ecl project with 13.avs using almost the same template as i used with 1-12, and the batch is untouched (only creating 13.)

The *only* change i made was decreasing the video bitrate from 1750 to 1500 in the ECL template.

yet, using the other same settings for this one solo file, the final .mpg audio is shorter than the video.

any ideas?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    first of all, you shouldn't be putting bitrate less than 2000. It won't be DVD-Compliant... I know mine accepts it, but just to be sure..

My guess is that, your episode 13 is ALREADY 29.970 fps.
    Try to GSPOT your original episode 13, and tell me the framerate.
    If it's already 29.970 (or 29, or 30, sometime program tend to roud the number), skip the PULLDOWN part for that episode.

Pulldown transform 23.976fps into 29. If the video is already 29, it will pulldown anyway, which will make a non-syncinc video.

tell me if this fix your prob. btw, just to be curious, what anime are you convertnig? =))
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by aktee
    first of all, you shouldn't be putting bitrate less than 2000. It won't be DVD-Compliant...
    That doesn't sound right to me ...

I didn't think there was a "minimum" bitrate for DVD, but I could be wrong

I've made plenty of DVD-VCDs with bitrates of 1150kbps and that's DVD-compliant. I've also made many Full D1 DVDs with 2-Pass VBR using min values of 0, 500 & 1000 with no ill-effects and no complaint messages from possibly one of the tougher authoring packages (in terms of DVD-compliance) in TMPGEnc DVD Author.

If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Sorry for not being totally clear on that.

I started with using CCE, but since the basic demo only does 3 minutes... I moved on. I TRIED QuEnc, but everytime I ran the created batch, it would tell me "Unable to read from file C:\encodedvideo\movie.avs" and just encode the audio. So I moved on to ffmpeg12, which as I said, converts the AVIs to MPGs with no change in quality, from what I could see, BUT it would cut off subs if run on a DVD player. Finally, I saw a post here about tmpgenc, and to use the 660X440 resolution to make it work. I tried this, and the result was audio out of sync with the video.

I've trying to convert Gundam Seed Destiny eps, in case that may help explain what I'm doing.

Thanks for the help! I'm also hitting the tut again, just to make sure I didn't miss a typo on my part.

Oh yeah, you're welcome for the info on ffmpeg12, I'm looking forward to any tutorials you do for that one as well!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    first of all, you shouldn't be putting bitrate less than 2000. It won't be DVD-Compliant...
    That doesn't sound right to me ...

I didn't think there was a "minimum" bitrate for DVD, but I could be wrong

I've made plenty of DVD-VCDs with bitrates of 1150kbps and that's DVD-compliant. I've also made many Full D1 DVDs with 2-Pass VBR using min values of 0, 500 & 1000 with no ill-effects and no complaint messages from possibly one of the tougher authoring packages (in terms of DVD-compliance) in TMPGEnc DVD Author.

Putting 0 as the minimum will probably won't do anything, even when you author. Putting 0 as the AVERAGE will do something. It's unmost likely that a video will have a frame of 0 kbits anyway..

but you know what,
    from wikipedia, it says..
    Additional restrictions and modifications of MPEG-2 on DVD are:
    Resolution
    720 × 480, 704 × 480, 352 × 480, 352 × 240 pixel (NTSC)
    720 × 576, 704 × 576, 352 × 576, 352 × 288 pixel (PAL)
    Aspect ratio
    4:3
    16:9
    Frame rate
    29.97 frame/s (NTSC)
    25 frame/s (PAL)

Note: By using a pattern of REPEAT_FIRST_FIELD flags on the headers of encoded pictures, pictures can be displayed for either two or three fields and almost any picture display rate (minimum 2/3 of the frame rate) can be achieved. This is most often used to display 23.976 (approximately film rate) video on NTSC.
    Audio+video bitrate
    Buffer average maximum 9.8 Mbit/s
    Peak 15 Mbit/s
    Minimum 300 Kbit/s
    YUV 4:2:0
    Additional subtitles possible
    Closed captioning (NTSC only)
    Audio
    Linear Pulse Code Modulation (LPCM): 48 kHz or 96 kHz; 16- or 24-bit; up to six channels (not all combinations possible due to bitrate constraints)
    MPEG Layer 2 (MP2): 48 kHz, up to 5.1 channels (required in PAL players only)
    Dolby Digital (DD, also known as AC-3): 48 kHz, 32–448 kbit/s, up to 5.1 channels
    Digital Theater Systems (DTS): 754 kbit/s or 1510 kbit/s (not required for DVD player compliance)
    NTSC DVDs must contain at least one LPCM or Dolby Digital audio track.
    PAL DVDs must contain at least one MPEG Layer 2, LPCM, or Dolby Digital audio track.
    Players are not required to playback audio with more than two channels, but must be able to downmix multichannel audio to two channels.
    GOP structure
    Sequence header must be outputted for every GOP
    Maximum frames per GOP: 18 (NTSC) / 15 (PAL)
    Closed GOP required for multiple-angle DVDs
    It says 300 is the minimum.. on one of my first generation dvd-player (real old), it cannot play under 2230kbps (yes, I tried by bunch of 10 kbps.. call me freak but I do have the spare time, hahaha).
    Just to be safe, I still recommend a minimum of 2000. If you're aware that your dvd player accept below, feel free to do it =).
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kodaikun
    Sorry for not being totally clear on that.

I started with using CCE, but since the basic demo only does 3 minutes... I moved on. I TRIED QuEnc, but everytime I ran the created batch, it would tell me "Unable to read from file C:\encodedvideo\movie.avs" and just encode the audio. So I moved on to ffmpeg12, which as I said, converts the AVIs to MPGs with no change in quality, from what I could see, BUT it would cut off subs if run on a DVD player. Finally, I saw a post here about tmpgenc, and to use the 660X440 resolution to make it work. I tried this, and the result was audio out of sync with the video.

I've trying to convert Gundam Seed Destiny eps, in case that may help explain what I'm doing.

Thanks for the help! I'm also hitting the tut again, just to make sure I didn't miss a typo on my part.

Oh yeah, you're welcome for the info on ffmpeg12, I'm looking forward to any tutorials you do for that one as well!
    Quenc saying that? hmmmm....
    I'll retry the batch at night to see if it works, it should..
    And, for the 660x440 thing, it's only for tmpgenc xpress. you do that in filter/resize..

hmm. I still think it's not supposed to do that with quenc.. If someone has the same issues out there please tell me.

And for the FFMPEG12, it should be out in like 4-5 days. It's an easy-to-use tool. =).

----------
    edit
    It worked with quenc!! It encoded! Do you have Avisynth installed? =\
    You could try to do manually, just open quenc, press open, and select the avisynth file (avs)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Putting 0 as the minimum will probably won't do anything, even when you author. Putting 0 as the AVERAGE will do something. It's unmost likely that a video will have a frame of 0 kbits anyway..
    True, but you would expect in a 2 or more pass situation that if you set your min to 0, that your encoder would go somewhere near it. I'm not saying it would give 0 kbps to a second of video, but you'd think it would go reasonably low (below 2000kbps, anyway).

but you know what,
    from wikipedia, it says..
    Additional restrictions and modifications of MPEG-2 on DVD are:

Minimum 300 Kbit/s

It says 300 is the minimum..
    Interesting ....

(I'm not having a go or anything, just a bit confused by differing info depending on where you look). I'm just interested since I couldn't find a minimum specified in The DVD FAQ, or in What is DVD ?, that's all ...

on one of my first generation dvd-player (real old), it cannot play under 2230kbps (yes, I tried by bunch of 10 kbps.. call me freak but I do have the spare time, hahaha).
    Just to be safe, I still recommend a minimum of 2000. If you're aware that your dvd player accept below, feel free to do it =).
    I guess the point is that all players should accept "to-spec" video
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm home and the workhorse PC is at work, so i cant GSpot right now, but will update tomorrow morn.

I'm doing an old Fruits Basket (great anime!) for a friend.

The final .mpg sizes are 24mins. I wanted to fit 13 (!) eps on one DVD, so i used the calc and got 1750kb for video (192 aud).

But using TMPG author i was 85MB over. So i decided to just re-encode 12 and 13 at 1500kb to make them all fit, (there's only 26 eps, so why make disc1 01-12, disc2 13-24 and disc3 25+26? just make 2 discs!) 12 worked just fine by itself, but 13 by itself is not syncing.

I also saw that the time of my original .m2v encodes (1750kb) were 24 mins, (same time as my orig .avi files), but the 1500 encoded .m2v files were 11 and 16 mins...weird. the mplex of the 11 min created the OK 24 min final .mpg. The 16 min encoded file mplex'd to a 30 min final .mpg file (which is why the 24 min audio isnt syncing.)

i'm *sure* im missing a command somewhere, but i just cant see it. even though i didnt change anything in the batch.

i dont know alot about the dvd specs and bitrates (though i'm a nerd, and enjoyed learning from everyone's posts! Thanks.) i know the 1500 eps (12 and 13) in dvd format played on my co-worker's Mac dvd playing software...i'll test it against the OLD dvd player we have in office and see if it likes the 1500kb episodes.

i hope this (longwinded notetaking) helps!

Thanks everyone.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    This may or may not assist, but how about authoring oversize with TMPGEnc DVD Author, then using DVDShrink (or any other transcoder) to pull down the 85MB ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    This may or may not assist, but how about authoring oversize with TMPGEnc DVD Author, then using DVDShrink (or any other transcoder) to pull down the 85MB ?
    exactly what I was gonna say =). My guess is that they just didn't encode ep 12 and 13 like the other one.

Same happened with Naruto from AonE, at episode 34-35. It had an FPS of 118 (WTF!!).

I'm pretty sure that's the prob..

btw, you probably did but... did you test to check the quality? because.. OMFG 1750 KBPS is like, very friggin low =|.

also, what tutorial version are you doing? The one with LOOPS (new one) or the old one where you had to change everything manually?

peace.. *just hope it helps, my first tutorial.., lol =|*
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I didnt think about (or have ever used) DVDShrink.

Thanks for the idea jimma! i'll try that next time.

I ended up doing all 13 over again overnight. reading your post aktee, it might be a FPS issue. i dont know. here's what i DO know after the "do-over":
    -all 13 .m2v's in "workspace" are all perfectly synced and the right size and times (24mins)
    -the encoded1-12.m2v's are perfect(24mins); encoded13.m2v is 16 mins. wtf?

i'm guessing this is what's throwing the mplex off.

to answer your other questions: i'm using your earlier tutorial (using CCE 2.67 and ECLCCE). I used FOR LOOPS to help with the repetition of code (yeah, DOS batch files rock.) so i dont change anything. each file is using the same commands

I have tested 1700kb on our OLD SONY dvd and it plays. the quality is pretty damn good, and i'm pretty peculiar. there's minor artifacting here and there, but it's Naruto and Fruits (and One Piece), NOT Appleseed or Ghost in the Shell. My friend has been watching Fruits and has been *very* happy with the quality.

I have been the anime freak and have .avi files for *days* but no one else could watch them. This project is helping me to share my anime with my DVD only friends. so a slight loss in quality is worth the convenience to them.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And I checked with GSpot.

13.avi *is* 29.9 FPS while the others are 23.9.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hehehe =)

skip the Pulldown part for episode 13.

If you're doing the manual way (old tutorial), it's rather easy, just delete the part with episode 13.

If you're doing the FOR LOOPS way, edit the file named "Batch_for_episode13.bat", delete the pulldown line, and that's it.

=D Hope it works.

You know what, I think i'll develop my batch further, so that if the framerate is 23.976, it won't pulldown.
    Must be easy with "IF" command, I just need a command-line prog that will detect framerate now.. =\\\\.
    Quote Quote  
  27. I followed your guide to the T (I thought). But when I run the batchconvert.bat in the OriginalAVI folder with the AVIs to convert, I get the prompt "All you have to do now is open MainConverter.bat". Six files named batch_for_famguy_1.bat (and so on) show up in the folder. And when I go to the EncodedVideo folder (I see the AviSynth files) and the Batch folder and execute the MainConverter.bat file. Nothing happens. Help, please! Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Give Aktee a prize!

skipping the pulldown on the 29.9 FPS episodes and mplex'ing worked just fine. I tested it on 2 files that ended up being 29.9, and it fixed the sync issue.

Thanks for all your help guys!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by soundwave4
    Give Aktee a prize!

skipping the pulldown on the 29.9 FPS episodes and mplex'ing worked just fine. I tested it on 2 files that ended up being 29.9, and it fixed the sync issue.

Thanks for all your help guys!
    hehe, wohoo!! no prob man =)))
    I followed your guide to the T (I thought). But when I run the batchconvert.bat in the OriginalAVI folder with the AVIs to convert, I get the prompt "All you have to do now is open MainConverter.bat". Six files named batch_for_famguy_1.bat (and so on) show up in the folder. And when I go to the EncodedVideo folder (I see the AviSynth files) and the Batch folder and execute the MainConverter.bat file. Nothing happens. Help, please! Thanks
    Nothing happens... hmmm... I guess this has to do with the mainconvert.bat file.
    Open it up with notepad, and copy and paste here in this forum.

Btw, what way are you using. CCE or quenc?

If it's something like
    @echo off
    CALL batch_for_famguy1.bat

try:
    @echo off
    CALL "batch_for_famguy1.bat"
    pause

dont forget the quotation marks before the batch_for_famguy.bat. If this don't work, try
    @echo off
    CALL "c:\encodedvideo\batch\batch_for_famguy1.bat"
    pause

and don't forget the pause at the end, it'll tell you what the problem is.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Aktee,

I tried to run the Quenc batch here at work, following the instructions step by step, install all the needed programs, Quenc, DVD2VCD, and that dll file. I even installed the codec pack you mentioned, when I run the mainencoding.bat file, I get the following in a command window:

PULLDOWN - v0.99d, by Hard Code
    [Based on sources by Brent Beyeler (beyeler@home.com)

Unable to read from file c:\EncodedVideo\Destiny32.m2v.
    BeSweet v1.5b26 by DSPguru

Then it encodes the audio portion.

This happens with ANY video file I place in OriginalAVI folder.

So I'm getting the same result here as I get at home.... HELP! I gotta be doing something wrong here..........

BTW I'm waiting with baited breath for the ffmpeg tutorial
    Quote Quote