VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'd like to find a program that will allow me to easily add and then modify audio to a current AVI file. Any suggestions? My challenge is that I can't afford a loss in quality from too many conversions so a good little tool that does the job without much quality loss is what I'd be looking for.

Your input is welcome. With appreciation, Rob Toth
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use VirtualDub and save out the audio as a WAV, then you can do anything you like with it, then mux it back in if that's what you want.

If you want a free audio processing program, try Audacity.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Just make sure when you save the avi with the new audio (give it a different filename than the original), to choose "direct stream copy". That way, the audio and video data will not be recompressed, but just saved together in the avi file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz
    Use VirtualDub and save out the audio as a WAV, then you can do anything you like with it, then mux it back in if that's what you want.

If you want a free audio processing program, try Audacity.
    I tried using virtualdub to add audio file to a video file downloaded from my camcoder but i m not able to add more than one wav file. suppose if the video goes for 30min. and if i am adding a wav file which plays only for 5min..the rest of the video goes blank without audio. How to overcome this problem or how to add more than one wav files to the video stream. Kindly help

Thiyagu
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Get Video Studio 9. You can add to your heart's content and increase the sound volume easily, if needs be. Also, you have color correction and many other goodies. However, their editor sucks, so I use VideoRedo to edit mpg's. Easy to use!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Create the full movie audio first, then pull it together in VirtualDub.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need to add music files to the video. It would be a great help if you suggest me how to combine or add several music files to a single wav or mp3 file. It would be a great help if you could
    Quote Quote  
  8. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    thiyagups, you need an audio editor. Look into Audacity, limmited but free.
    Quote Quote