VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This was my first time using the nero burning rom, and i end up facing an error.

Basically i selected the folder containing the movie on the right pane.I opened the Video-TS folder and after hihlighting the files i DRAGGED the filess to the left pane.AS soon as i did that there was a warning saying

"You have added DVD-video Content to a compilation type that will not result in a DVD-video Compliant disc.To create a Disc play
    able on a stand alone DVd player, please use the DVd-video compilation type"

I still burned the disc and the result was that it didn't played on my DVD player.

Can someome please tell me as to what could be the problem?? I did use CopytoDVD for burning and it does work but it takes more than 35 min and is only free for 20 days. I would really want this nero programme to burn disc for me.

thanks for ur time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. i think you selected the wrong template,
    select the right one for what you are trying to burn.

if thats not it, then you have dragged the files to the wrong place.
    if you are burning a dvd video then you should have two red folders on the left side of nero.
    you need to drag the files into the red video_ts folder.
    thats all i can think of.

you can see how its done here :
    http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/40/59/
    HELL AINT A BAD PLACE TO BE
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yep, Heavensent is spot-on ... you selected the wrong template, or you didn't put the VIDEO_TS folder itself on the disc if you chose a Data Disc. Make sure you select the DVD-Video template, then drag the files onto the VIDEO_TS folder that is automatically created in the left pane, or try this guide - it uses Nero Express, and IMO it's a bit easier to follow than using the "full" version.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ensure you select the DVD VIDEO compilation as shown:

Ensure all files are located within the VIDEO_TS folder. For compatibility, ensure the title of the dvd disc is in ALL CAPS with no spaces:

Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Basilbenz
    "You have added DVD-video Content to a compilation type that will not result in a DVD-video Compliant disc.To create a Disc playable on a stand alone DVd player, please use the DVd-video compilation type"
    Nero said clear to you everything, what the other posters wrote.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It may be better to use a Data DVD template and set the option to Force Video compatibility (it mentions X-BOX in the check box). Nero's DVD-Video template uses UDF 1.05, Nero's Data-DVD template uses UDF 1.02, which is a little more compatible with older players. I get this error all the time, and as long as the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders are there with the .VOB, .IFO, and .BUP files in the VIDEO_TS folder, the discs have yet to refuse to play on any of my players. My Panasonic won't play DVDs created with the DVD-Video template.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "You have added DVD-video Content to a compilation type that will not result in a DVD-video Compliant disc.To create a Disc play
    able on a stand alone DVd player, please use the DVd-video compilation type"
    I get this error yet make a good DVD everytime I use DVD architect 1.0 to author.
    If I use DVD Architect Author 2.0 the error goes away

But it has no effect on playback in my three settops over here
    Quote Quote  
  8. Sounds like bug in Architect 1.0 was fixed in Architect 2.0
    Quote Quote