VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. I myself have no clue... I have one super picky player and one the opposite. I fixed my video problem. Seems I accidently turned it off cvcd before I converted it. Still I can tell no sound difference and for VCD it does look nice.
    Quote Quote  
  2. An update on my situation.
    I tried de/multiplexing the file as a NonStandard VCD and burning it, the file played but video screen was black, and sound was extremely choppy. I am atleast making process.

It must just be that my VCD player cant support VBR for a stream type.

If anyone has any idea at all throw me some suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  3. i don't know why you people want to fit 120 mins mpg in a cdr? cdr blank is so damn cheap now, like 20 cents each with name, and less for generic.

if i can't watch my vcd on my dvd player, might as well go divx.
    Quote Quote  
  4. My DVD players only support super high quality CDRWs... of which I have 2 so the more I can fit with as little as difference as posible the better.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thecalip:People don't want to stop in the middle of an action scene, get up and change the CD to the next one when they can just sit back and watch the whole thing with no pauses in between!
    I only dream in black & white...
    MSN: paschendale@gmail.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And also, if you can fit it all on one CD why waste 20 cents on another one!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hey guys, i've went over the settings of the CVCD, and I don't see what the excitment yet, it's like my SeVCD only with 128k Audio, in order to compare fair all 3 formats of:
    SeVCD / VCD / CVCD
    then you must have the same type of settings for all when it comes to Video and Audio, for example, the only diffrence between VCD and my SeVCD is CBR to VBR, so if you use my SeVCD and reduce the audio to 128k, bang, you got CVCD

I don't see anything that is New, but if I missed anything, i'd like to be corrected.
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hey Sefy,
    Im just looking over your template right now,
    the xVCD one that is, and I was wondering if you
    think it would work on my VCD Player considering
    to is using the VBR system (coz had no luck with
    this cVCD thingo).

Would be cool to do though.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes!! My Aiwa DV-170 supports CVCD!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    pepehdez, did you solve the problem? If not, which Avisynth version and which Premiere plugin do you use?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Here's a comparison I created.I hope it helps somehow.I was going to include Sxvcd,SVCD,and some other popular template's,i'll do that later.Also,I see very little difference between video quality with CVCD and VCD,anyways take a look. http://www.vcdsnow.8m.com
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hello:

If anyone is interested in trying this, here is my template I have been using for some time now.

It generates between 55-60 minutes on a 80 minute CD-R at DVD quality and resolution of 720X480.

Be sure to set export resolution to 720X480 in Flask/XMPEG ( I am using XMPEG 4.2A frameserving to TMPGenc. Works very good. )

I have tested this on 4 DVD players:

Panasonic portable DVD-L10 - Perfect play.

Panasonic DVD-RP56 - Perfect play.

Panasonic DMR-E20 DVD/DVR-R Player/Recorder ( Yes I got one ) - Perfect play, but forward/rewind works erratic.

Apex 600A - Plays but jumps frames every couple of seconds. ( It's almost 2 year old model, so maybe that's why )

Just tested on a Pioneer DVD-333 - Perfect play.

If you cut your MPEG file with TMPGEnc Merge&Cut tools, be sure to select MPEG-1 Video-CD (non-standard) <- Very important.

So, here it is, cut and paste what follows and save it to something like xvcd-2000-vbr.mcf

Enjoy!,
    kwag

object TMPEGConfigFile
    MPEG.Text ='' MPEG.WizardCategoryName ='' MPEG.WizardCaption ='' MPEG.WizardDescription ='' MPEG.OutputStreamType =MPEG_OutputStreamType_System_VideoAudio MPEG.OutputStreamType_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.StreamType =MPEGVideoEncoder_StreamType_MPEG1 MPEG.Video.StreamType_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.Width =720 MPEG.Video.Width_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.Height =480 MPEG.Video.Height_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.YUVFormat =1 MPEG.Video.YUVFormat_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.DC_prec =2 MPEG.Video.DC_prec_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.VideoEncodeMode =MPEGVideoEncoder_VideoEncodeMode_Interlace MPEG.Video.VideoEncodeMode_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.VideoEncodeMode_CantSelExtType =False MPEG.Video.FrameRate =1 MPEG.Video.FrameRate_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.AspectRatio =12 MPEG.Video.AspectRatio_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.RateControlMode =MPEGVideoEncoder_RateControlMode_VBR_Manual MPEG.Video.RateControlMode_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.MaxBitRate =0 MPEG.Video.MaxBitRate_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.CBR_BitRate =1725000 MPEG.Video.MVBR_MaxBitRate =2000000 MPEG.Video.MVBR_MinBitRate =0 MPEG.Video.MVBR_Quality_P =0 MPEG.Video.MVBR_Quality_B =20 MPEG.Video.MVBR_EnablePadding =False MPEG.Video.VBR_AvgBitRate =1150000 MPEG.Video.VBR_MaxBitRate =0 MPEG.Video.VBR_MinBitRate =0 MPEG.Video.VBR_EnablePadding =False MPEG.Video.AVBR_Quality =100 MPEG.Video.AVBR_MaxBitRate =2000000 MPEG.Video.AVBR_MinBitRate =0 MPEG.Video.AVBR_EnablePadding =False MPEG.Video.CQ_Quality =100 MPEG.Video.CQ_Quality_P =0 MPEG.Video.CQ_Quality_B =20 MPEG.Video.CQ_MaxBitRate =1900000 MPEG.Video.CQ_MinBitRate =0 MPEG.Video.CQ_EnablePadding =False MPEG.Video.MPCQ_AvgBitRate =1150000 MPEG.Video.MPCQ_MaxBitRate =3000000 MPEG.Video.MPCQ_MinBitRate =300000 MPEG.Video.MPCQ_MaxPassCount =3 MPEG.Video.MPCQ_Quality_P =0 MPEG.Video.MPCQ_Quality_B =20 MPEG.Video.MPCQ_EnablePadding =False MPEG.Video.VBVBufferSize =40960 MPEG.Video.VBVBufferSize_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.GOP_SeqHeaderInterval =1 MPEG.Video.GOP_SeqHeaderInterval_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.GOP_I_FrameCount =1 MPEG.Video.GOP_I_FrameCount_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.GOP_P_FrameCount =5 MPEG.Video.GOP_P_FrameCount_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.GOP_B_FrameCount =2 MPEG.Video.GOP_B_FrameCount_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.GOP_BitStreamForEdit =False MPEG.Video.GOP_BitStreamForEdit_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.QuantizeMatrix_Intra_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.QuantizeMatrix_NonIntra_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.Profile =4 MPEG.Video.Profile_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.Level =8 MPEG.Video.Level_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.VideoFormat =2 MPEG.Video.VideoFormat_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.DisplayWidth =0 MPEG.Video.DisplayWidth_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.DisplayHeight =0 MPEG.Video.DisplayHeight_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Video.MotionSearchSpeed =MPEGVideoEncoder_MotionSearchSpeed_FastWide MPEG.Video.MotionSearch_AlwaysHalfPel =True MPEG.Video.UseFloatDCT =False MPEG.Video.QuantizeMode =True MPEG.Video.QuantizeModeVal_Intra =100 MPEG.Video.QuantizeModeVal_NonIntra =100 MPEG.Video.YUVBasicYCbCr =False MPEG.Video.QuantizeMatrix_Intra ={ 081013161A1B1D22101016181B1D222513161A1B1D22222616 161A1B1D222528
    161A1B1D202328301A1B1D202328303A1A1B1D22262E38451B 1D23262E384553}
    MPEG.Video.QuantizeMatrix_NonIntra ={ 10111213141516171112131415161718121314151617181913 14151617181A1B
    14151617191A1B1C151617181A1B1C1E1617181A1B1C1E1F17 18191B1C1E1F21}
    MPEG.Audio.StreamType =MPEGAudioEncoder_StreamType_MPEG1_Layer2 MPEG.Audio.StreamType_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Audio.SamplingFrequency =44100 MPEG.Audio.SamplingFrequency_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Audio.ChannelMode =0 MPEG.Audio.ChannelMode_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Audio.CantUseMono =False MPEG.Audio.BitRate =224000 MPEG.Audio.BitRate_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Audio.CalcCRC =False MPEG.Audio.CalcCRC_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Audio.OriginalFlag =False MPEG.Audio.OriginalFlag_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Audio.CopyrightFlag =False MPEG.Audio.CopyrightFlag_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Audio.PrivateFlag =False MPEG.Audio.PrivateFlag_ReadOnly =False MPEG.Audio.EmphasisType =0 MPEG.Audio.EmphasisType_ReadOnly =False MPEG.System.StreamType =MPEGSystemEncoder_StreamType_MPEG1_VideoCD_Illega l MPEG.System.StreamType_ReadOnly =False MPEG.System.CommentText ='' MPEG.System.EnableCommentText =False end

>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kwag on 2001-12-16 10:50:35 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kwag on 2001-12-16 10:56:36 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  13. I hope everyone doesnt start posting their templates,when we can all send em to Baldrick by email

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VCDsMakeMoney on 2001-12-16 06:57:49 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  14. this kinda sounds good im buying a new Apex this Christmas that suppose to play anything you throw at except miniDVD..i want to try it out

Apex AD-1500 or 15000 (cant remember)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    pinoy2201,

just my 2cents. . .

In additionto my apex ad-500, I also have the AD-1500, and it pretty much
    plays everything pretty nicely, but I haven't tried/tested it with miniDVD or
    that other one (if their is one), but then again, I don't make'em.

I've ben able to play (as a test) bitrates as high as 4000 and plays quite
    smooth! But, I don't encode that hight, as I capture from Sat and my
    signal is very clean (close to DVD, but NOT dvd or dvd quality, but close)
    and so, I encode all my caps with 1850mn/2520mx.

I saw the model at CC, and it was for $79

If that helps you to a quicker decision.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just tought I would point 2 things out here.

1. cvcd = xvcd xvcd has been out for a long time. There is no difference between a cvcd and a xvcd. So yes if you can play xvcd you can play cvcd.

2. look at VCDsMakeMoney comparrison, The vcd quailty is supeiriour than the cvcd.

Baker,
    Quote Quote  
  17. The only difference in quality on the website is due from using a NTSC video for VCD and using a PAL on the bottom. Besides that they are the exact same. People who made the website should use the same region for comparing.
    Quote Quote  
  18. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-12-16 09:23:42, vhelp wrote:
    pinoy2201,

just my 2cents. . .

In additionto my apex ad-500, I also have the AD-1500, and it pretty much
    plays everything pretty nicely, but I haven't tried/tested it with miniDVD or
    that other one (if their is one), but then again, I don't make'em.

I've ben able to play (as a test) bitrates as high as 4000 and plays quite
    smooth! But, I don't encode that hight, as I capture from Sat and my
    signal is very clean (close to DVD, but NOT dvd or dvd quality, but close)
    and so, I encode all my caps with 1850mn/2520mx.

I saw the model at CC, and it was for $79

If that helps you to a quicker decision.
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

thanx for all the info now i know im definatly going to buy it and i knew that Circuit City was sellling them for $79 and that where im going to buy mines....thnax again(finally im going to get a DVD Player that practacly plays anything not like my old Sony only playing Prime Perials CDRs..i cant wait )
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can download the TMPEGEnc Template here at my site:

=> http://www.epi-cam.com/downloads/cvcd.zip

Includes an NTSC and NTSC Films version.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, first off I'd like to say thanks for adding to my templates. It's good to see new ones. Having said that... It's not a "new format"! It's a xvcd template. I changed it to NTSC settings and took it for a spin versus Sefy's SeVCD template and the standard VCD template in TmpegEnc 12i.

Using:
    1.1 Ghz Celeron @ 100Mhz Bus
    416 MB Ram
    Abit BH6
    DVD rip of Repo Man trailer 2:16 length

Here's what I found

"CVCD" template - I changed to 29.97 fps and 352x240
    took 5:55 to encode
    file size was 20.9 MB
    Burned in Nero
    Tried on Hitachi 415u

VCD template from TmpegEnc 12i
    took 5:57 to encode
    file size was 23.7 MB

SeVCD template from Sefy's templates found on this site
    took 5:56 to encode
    file size was 22.8 MB

The Hitachi 415u played them all fine. I didn't like the audio quality of the "CVCD", so I made another copy of the template and set audio to 224 up from 128. This time it only took 5:45 to encode and the file was now 22.6 MB
    I really don't think this template is much different from Sefy's. Just the CQ setting is 100 instead of 75 and audio is 128 instead of 224.

Both XVCD templates were smaller than the standard VCD. Both looked better than VCD, and took slightly less time to encode. Not a revolutionary step in better video in less space in less time. Just another slightly different template.

Bong

Quote Quote  
  21. I don't seem to be getting as small as everyone elses files with CVCD... I still can only fit about 90-100 min to a 80min CDR not 120-30. I hardly notice the sound difference (I might if I tried several with different sound quality on there at the same time... but as long as I can't tell a difference when watching it I don't care)
    Quote Quote  
  22. "It generates between 55-60 minutes on a 80 minute CD-R at DVD quality and resolution of 720X480.

Im sorry but this is not a believeable assentment. DVD quality would mean a avg bitrate of 4.5-5 mbps. With your avg bitrates sometimes being far below 2 mbps, you dont come close to DVD quality, especially at 720x480 w/ < 2mbps.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I made these along tima ago with all the same settings they have and it still sucked ass in the high motion scenes. What i have found out tho is that using cce 2.5 you can get better with a 7 pass encode (it takes me about 8 hours with a 1.4 t-bird) not that bad for a 90 min movie and they arnt as bad, but you have to enter your own average bitrate, but look twice as good. They used to have the demo on vcdsp.com of cce 2.5, Im not sure if it is still there. But I have never really been impressed with the quality it gives. have a 3disc changer so its no big deal for me to use 3 discs.
    Quote Quote  
  24. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-12-16 12:42:13, Kdiddy wrote:
    "It generates between 55-60 minutes on a 80 minute CD-R at DVD quality and resolution of 720X480.

Im sorry but this is not a believeable assentment. DVD quality would mean a avg bitrate of 4.5-5 mbps. With your avg bitrates sometimes being far below 2 mbps, you dont come close to DVD quality, especially at 720x480 w/ < 2mbps.

Why don't you try it before you comment?.
    Make a small, one minute mpeg, and take a look.

When I mean DVD quality, I mean it's the same resolution 720X480 of a DVD. Yes you will notice "Something" on high speed scenes, but because the resolution is 720X480 and not 352X240, the Macro Blocks are much smaller and thus it looks better than high speed scenes at 252X240.

And I prefer a full movie completely sharp, as in the DVD, and only seeing some high speed scenes a little blurred, than seing the whole movie blurred as in a VCD at 352X240.

Believe me, I have a 60" screen and I will not go back to 352X240 after this XVCD's I have made.

I did forget to mention that the TMPG Encoder version I am using is 2.02.

Also you say that the average bit rate below 2 megabits you don't come close to DVD quality?. Wrong!. On MPEG-1 right now the XVCD's I am making are an average of 1.7Mb/s.
    This is analized with the bit rate viewer ( You can see the link somwhere in this site ) That is why I am getting 55-60 minutes per 80 minute CD-R.

If it was MPEG-2, you would be right. It would look pretty nasty because MPEG-2 below 3Mb/s does a pretty bad job on compression.
    But I am using MPEG-1 Manual VBR at 0 min/2Mb max.
    Load the template and see the values.

Give it a shot.

Quote Quote  
  25. He may not have tried but I have. The video is actually quite nice and there is some blurring on high speed... but I am not gettin 55-60 minues... I can get 50 minutes in at most (and that's AFTER lowering sound to 128k instead of 224) I don't know if I am just not using the templates right where I end up with larger files or what...
    Quote Quote  
  26. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-12-16 13:37:39, Koji |{night wrote:
    He may not have tried but I have. The video is actually quite nice and there is some blurring on high speed... but I am not gettin 55-60 minues... I can get 50 minutes in at most (and that's AFTER lowering sound to 128k instead of 224) I don't know if I am just not using the templates right where I end up with larger files or what...

Did you use the settings exactly as in the template above and TMPG Encoder version 2.02?

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VCDsMakeMoney: You should use bitmaps instead of jpeg's for your comparison. Because bitmaps use no compression but jpeg does.

Has anyone encoded a whole movie using the CVCD template? If so what was your movie length and filesize after encoding?
    Thanks,
    Quote Quote  
  28. I used 2.00 I'll try again with the later version in a little bit. I encoded a 28minute file using CVCD and it took up 26 minutes worth of space. That's the clsoest I have done to doing full length movie.
    Quote Quote  
  29. well i did a 8:33min short and the file size i got was 55 megs (that seem still to big)
    Quote Quote  
  30. Are you using 23.97 or 29.97 frame rate?

If you are converting from a DVD, the frame rate is FILM ( 99% of the time ), which is 23.97.

You have to make your mpeg's 23.97, if not, they will not be smooth.

Also your file size will be larger at 29.97.
    Quote Quote