VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Guess this question of mine might be a rather straight forward question for many around, however, for me it's a rather complicated thing to tackle.

Additionally, do accept my apology if such question had already been asked, however, as I couldn't locate it within the "forum" anywhere, I suppose, asking it here within a new thread seems to be the only option.

Anyway, let me stop beating around the bush & jump onto what really makes my hackle raise, right now.

Firstly, the purpose of what I wanted was to have the movie from my camcorder to the DVD.

For this, firstly, I transferred the movie saved within my Sony Digital Camcorder of my cousin sister's engagement, onto Windows Movie Maker & after editing & adding background songs along with transition, etc., I made a movie of my project, which got saved as "Windows Media Audio/Video" i.e. "wmp" type file.

Secondly, I converted this "WMV" file onto MPEG using a software called "All Video Converter 1.5.1" & the purpose of converting it to MPEG was so I can make DVD of it, using Nero (which accepts video file types such as mpeg, avi, dv, vob, dat, etc.)

Before I burn it on DVD using Nero, I simply checked this MPEG video & was rather disappointed knowing that after first 5 minutes of this MPEG video (out of total 55 minutes), video gets shown & the audio seems to be running about 5 seconds late. For example, if a new song starts the moment of "ring ceremony", I'm still having last song being played & finishes AFTER 5 seconds of "ring ceremony" & the new song, which was meant to start exactly at ring ceremony, it starts AFTER 5 seconds.

As the time goes by, this "gap" between audio & video increases. So, by the time movie reaches its say, 50 minutes, audio seems running around 45 seconds LATE, if you catch my drift.

Finally, I've double checked that Window Movie Maker is saving my movie on 25 frames per second in PAL & according to the setting within "All Video Converter 1.5.1", it has mpeg setting at 25 frames per second, as well & is converting into PAL system, as well.

So, I proved myself wrong assuming there must be a difference in frames per second within "WMV" & "MPEG" files, but as you can see, this seems not the case.

Additionally, I've used "All Video Converter 1.5.1" software, to convert this "WMV" video into not just mpeg, but also into VCD & SVCD format, but still unsuccessful.

In past, I had only about 2-3 seconds of differences between audio & video, however, this time it seems to be starting off at 2-3 seconds & by the time movie finishes, this differences reach at 30-40 seconds.

I wonder if anyone can help me getting through this, as that would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Hope I articulated myself rather well & if not, do let me know.
    Nope, I'm NOT God, but I'm British (which is the next best thing ;) !!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I transfer DV to the computer with WinDV, edit in VirtualDub (Very little) frameserve that to the TMPGEnc Plus encoder, then author With TMPGEnc DVD Author and burn with it or Nero.

Maybe I missed it, but the WMV file is OK, everything in sync?

EDIT: Extensive editing can cause sync problems, that's why I was wondering if the finished WMV is in sync.

Then the problem appears to be the 'All Video Converter'? Why it's out of sync, I don't know.

I hope you still have the original WMV file.

I haven't tried it for this purpose, but VSO DivxToDVD says it can convert the WMV file to DVD format. You can then burn this with Nero. It's freeware. TMPGEnc says it can accept WMV also, though I never tried it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz
    I transfer DV to the computer with WinDV, edit in VirtualDub (Very little) frameserve that to the TMPGEnc Plus encoder, then author With TMPGEnc DVD Author and burn with it or Nero.

Maybe I missed it, but the WMV file is OK, everything in sync?

EDIT: Extensive editing can cause sync problems, that's why I was wondering if the finished WMV is in sync.

Then the problem appears to be the 'All Video Converter'? Why it's out of sync, I don't know.

I hope you still have the original WMV file.

I haven't tried it for this purpose, but VSO DivxToDVD says it can convert the WMV file to DVD format. You can then burn this with Nero. It's freeware. TMPGEnc says it can accept WMV also, though I never tried it.
    Thanks for your time & reply.

I can assure you that WMV file seems to be perfect, which I checked it, before trying to convert it to MPEG.

I'll try DivxToDVD software, in the mean time. I've got TMPGEnc but I keep on getting error message, which I'm not very sure what it is, but will let you know once I see when I get back home, as I'm in University, right now.
    Nope, I'm NOT God, but I'm British (which is the next best thing ;) !!!
    Quote Quote