VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used Shrink to compress files ripped from a DVD. Now I'm trying to burn a DVD-R. I choose the "DVD Video" option in Nero 6 and get a message:

"The file [filename] is larger than 2 GB and therefore cannot be stored in an ISO file system..."

Sure enough, there is a file created by Shrink that is larger than 2GB. I tried using Shrink/Nero again and got the same result. I'm reluctant to start messing with the settings since I have burned DVD-Rs using Nero's default settings. The only thing different here is I have been using Decrypter first, then Shrink. This time I eliminated the Decripter step.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use UDF or UDF/ISO mode to burn and you should have no problems.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    is a vob file bigger than 2GB? the dvd-video format allow max 1 gb vob files.

or do you make an iso? then burn it with dvddecrypter you should not use the dvd-video option in nero.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. One of the .vob files is larger than 2 GB.

My previous way of burning DVDs was to use decrypter, then Shrink, then Nero. I think I'll just go back to that. I've never gotten a bad DVD if my set of VOB files are okay. It's just that it appeared that Shrink would do the decryption so I figured I was adding an unneeded step. However, my previous way isn't much different from decrypter -> Shrink -> Decrypter. Plus, I've never used decrypter for the actual burn. Will it do 8X?

Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You might want to check Preferences in Shrink. Under the 'Output Files' tab make sure that "Split vob files into 1 GB chucks" is checked.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. I'll betcha that's the key right there.

I haven't ever messed with my Shrink preferences, but if there's a check box to force everything into <1GB chunks, that should solve the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just to close this out....

I checked the box suggested by BobK and that did the trick. It produced a set of VOBs that Nero liked and I was able to burn a flawless DVD last night.

Thanks Bob.
    Quote Quote