VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I would like to know if Media Player Classic can display subtitle. If yes, which subtitle format and where is the setting ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. View -> Options -> Playback -> Output -> Direct Show Video -> VMR7 (renderless) or VMR9 (renderless).

[EDIT] Oh, and right click on screen -> Navigate -> Subtitle Language. Enable subtitles, and choose the language.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    .srt .sub .ssa .ass .smi .psb .txt .idx .usf .xss
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks fritzi93 & GreatScott,

When I go to Navigate .. the subtitle language option is greyed out. I can't select it ? Any suggestions or tips on this ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    what are you playing? dvd? svcd? avi? ogm? mkv? mp4?
    or do you want to load external subtitles?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    in MPC's Subtitles option menu, it says
    Before you ask
    Subtitling for DirectShow is available when the video renderer called "VMR7 (renderless)" or "VMR9 (renderless)" is set. VMR7 requires Windows XP, VMR9 requires DirectX9, and both requires a HW accelerated D3D video card.
    You have to set the radio button "VMR7 (renderless)" or "VMR9 (renderless)" at View -> Option -> Playback -> Output -> DirectShow Video
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick,
    I have an Xvid file and a .sub file. Your question is spot on. Yes, I want to load external substitle.

Hi GreatScot,
    Did I do it correctly ? Here is the screen shot.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oops! frizi93 said same thing previously!
    Sorry, fritzi93.

I think you set correctly.
    My MPC shows SSA/SRT subtitle in same setting as you did except VMR9. (I use VMR7, cause Matrox G550 does not supports VMR9)
    Maybe you have to close and restart MPC once after setting.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi GreatScott,
    Thanks. Did a search on "how to display external subtitle" lead me to VobSub. I install it and it work fine now. Thank you very much.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. My movie has french subtitles. I changed the settings like you explained below but the subtitles still only appear in French. I downloaded VOBsub but the file is RMVB and this doesn't appear to be supported by vobsub. I'm using Media Player Classic. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GreatScott
    in MPC's Subtitles option menu, it says
    Before you ask
    Subtitling for DirectShow is available when the video renderer called "VMR7 (renderless)" or "VMR9 (renderless)" is set. VMR7 requires Windows XP, VMR9 requires DirectX9, and both requires a HW accelerated D3D video card.
    You have to set the radio button "VMR7 (renderless)" or "VMR9 (renderless)" at View -> Option -> Playback -> Output -> DirectShow Video
    I need to see an .AVI movie with subtitles (.srt file named same as the .avi file) using Media Player Classic on a laptop that does not have a HW accelerated D3D video card.

How can I do that?
    I have also tried to install VobSub but I still can't see subtitles.

Same video file on another computer with Windows7 on an ASUS EeePC-1000 played with MPC works great without VobSub.

Please help.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Bluray: Problem with forced subtitles

I ask for help to solve this problem.
    forced subtitles are those subtitles that appear when a scene requires it and then disappear. This subtitle, other than permanent, turn on the actors speak a language other than the one selected, or when it is always a sign written in different languages.

In the case of film Angels and Demons (Italian version) in the opening scene (from 3.54 to 4.40 minutes) is spoken French language losing part of the meaning of the scenes, this is a very important fact for the understanding of a film.

This is the example of Bluray Angels and Demons seen with PowerDVD9 in Italian

Wonder if you can resolve this problem with some setting or codec would be a major step forward for this great player to play Bluray, but should be complete for the navigation of the menu, but I think this is still possible for a matter of licensing.

Thank
    Quote Quote  
  13. hi forum i kind of have the same problem and if any1 can tell me how to fix it i will be very gratefull because i have had this problem for 2 years and i just watch movies without subs but there are kind of movies(like this one in particular) that u cant watch without subs , and i saw that u helped out the other dude who has some kind of sub problems and i figured lets upload a photo and see what will happen

Thank you for your time !
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	problem.jpg
Views:	1846
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	2683  

Quote Quote  
  14. ik krijg ook geen ondertiltels bij de media player classic. ik heb alles gedaan wat fritzi93 schreef, maar nog steeds niks. hij heeft het wel altijd gedaan. inemand nog tips
    Quote Quote