VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I was wondering how to change locations of subtitles that I make (.srt format) so I could have them for example in the top corner of the video file. I know how to join the sub file with the video file its just I need to know about moving the subs about the screen.
    "No matter how far a jackass travels, it won't come back a horse" Batou - Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    how do you join it? what tool(s)?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Right, I just need to know how to move the subs around the screen. I'll draw out a screen.

I-----------------I
    I Sub------------I
    I-----------------I
    I-----------------I
    I-----------------I
    I ----------------I

Thats where I want the subtitle, how can you move the subtitle to that loaction?
    "No matter how far a jackass travels, it won't come back a horse" Batou - Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    you must change the location in the tool you are using to add or view the subs with. srt does not support any sub location.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you know what type of sub does support moving the sub about and what tool to use?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Dvd2svcd will let you change the position of srt subs if you are going to encode to mpg but you didnt specify what file format you wanted the final clip to be.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I like Subresync because it allows you to edit the margins, width and depth for your subtitles; however, it does not allow you to change the location of subtitles for selected lines. Instead, it updates the whole screen alignment for all subtitles. Or I could be wrong (please feel free to correct me).

On the other hand, Subtitle Workshop is an excellent tool for resynchronizing subtitles. It is the most user-friendly freeware of all subtitle editing programs, in my opinion.

I rip subtitles using SubRip.
    Resync & edit them with Subtitle Workshop (and convert the file to SSA)
    Then, change font size, color, margin, width, etc. with Subresync.

Hope this information is helpful.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you can use a tool called srt2bmp(2xsub) available at doom9, but you can only use it for editing subs position in avi(divx5).
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what about for xVid?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Since nobody mentioned it, I feel legitimized to bring this up:
    SRT to SSA Conversor, this has a position adjuster

Within Virtualdub, you can use the .ssa files, with Averys own subtitle plugin. Then, subs will appear at the top, hard-coded of course.
    Looking for subtitles of: Höök tt0997023, Lime tt0269480, La clé sur la porte tt0077348. tt=iMDb.com Found Desideria tt0081724 subtitle! :-)
    Quote Quote