VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi There

Perhaps someone could help me?
    I have a Panasonic DVD-S47 DVD Player. I put a DVD in the other day, the menu came up but I could do anything. Turned it off/on, now it does not show any disc at all. When I press OPEN it says open on the front of the machine, but the disc wont come out. Could some kind person tell me the forced eject sequence for this machine?

Many Thanks
    Dave.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try unplugging it from the wall for about ten minutes, then try 'Open' again. You might be able to hold the 'Open' button down while turning it on also.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When all else fails:
    Look in the owners manual.
    Most if not all Dvd devices have a physical method for opening the door. Pc devices usually require a paper clip inserted thru a pin hole in the door. Stand alone devices usually can be opened by a hole or slot on the underside.
    Check the manual for your device.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your replies chaps, but the DVD+R is still in there. I tried the factory reset, no change. It is definitely not coming out via any simple method. There is nothing relating to this problem in the manual.

However, underneath there is a round hole with OPEN and an arrow indicating a direction. When I shined the torch down it, I could see a small plastic looking cog with teeth. It looks as if a special tool (screwdriver with interlocking cog) is required. Any ideas where I can buy one? I think a normal screwdriver would round the teeth off, as this cog is going to have to go a bit to open the draw.

Thanks again for any help.

Dave
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The access hole that you described is the place to open the door. I am not familar with you particular device but usually you do not manipulate the gears. I opened my drive door by sticking a toothpick in the slot as far as it would go and followed the direction of the arrow and the door opened.
    Remove power to the device before trying to open the door.
    Goods luck
    Quote Quote  
  6. All you have to do is get the laser assembly to drop down, then you can pull the door open if you can grab it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do you do that?
    Quote Quote  
  8. If there is an access hole, you should be able to turn the gear with a small screwdriver, there should be a slot in the middle of the gear. If you can't do it from underneath, take off the top and see if you can get to the pulley with a belt on it in the drive assembly. If you can turn it till the laser assembly drops down, then pull the tray out.
    Quote Quote