VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have an MPG video clip that i stupidly shot in portrait. How can I rotate it? I assume there is a utility out there that can do this? I don't particularly care if it rotates it converting to another format (e.g. AVI).

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Womble MPEG VIDEO WIZARD can handle this with no problem. MVW has a 30 day free trial, and Womble is also offering a discount coupon. (I forget how much.)

NOTE: You do realize there will be black bars along the left and right sides, don't you? MVW also has the ability to "zoom in" on your video, although there is a reduction in quality.

Good Luck!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Epicurus8a
    Womble MPEG VIDEO WIZARD can handle this with no problem. MVW has a 30 day free trial, and Womble is also offering a discount coupon. (I forget how much.)

NOTE: You do realize there will be black bars along the left and right sides, don't you? MVW also has the ability to "zoom in" on your video, although there is a reduction in quality.

Good Luck!
    Maybe you could also write HOW? I found the filter which supposedly allows to rotate it 90 degrees.
    However I see no way to apply it to my .mpg movie.....
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Left click on the rotation icon and drag it to the timeline.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Turn the monitor on it's side?

Vegas also has a rotate function...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Megahurts
    I tried it - In fact I tried dragging it ANYWHERE in that programm... I always get this 'no action' cursor - that circle with angular line on it...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    spurs61 wrote:

I have an MPG video clip that i stupidly shot in portrait.
    How can I rotate it?
    http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/TurnLeft

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Carmageddon
    I tried it - In fact I tried dragging it ANYWHERE in that programm... I always get this 'no action' cursor - that circle with angular line on it...
    Drag the 'no action cursor' to the clip on the timeline. It will change to a '+' cursor then release.
    The clip must be on the timeline first.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Carmageddon
    Drag the 'no action cursor' to the clip on the timeline. It will change to a '+' cursor then release.
    The clip must be on the timeline first.
    AHHH wow! that was soo simple.. lol I kept loading the movie into input, and couldnt understand why the hell it doesnt work
    WORST user interface design I have ever seen in my life.. not intuitive at all, not even logical.

And I am not stupid.. I do programming, ripped complex dvds in the past, etc etc... I never encountered something so simply.. stupid
    Thanks!

And to Midzuki - thanks too, I will check this out as well - just so I know how to
    but, maybe u could also point me out how to use avisynth scripts? I never did it before.. not manually likes that.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Epicurus8a View Post

Good Luck!
    ive just tried this and there is no such option so please dont talk shite!!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by paul teel View Post
    Originally Posted by Epicurus8a View Post

Good Luck!
    ive just tried this and there is no such option so please dont talk shite!!

wow - two and half years later, someone asks same question
    Read the last reply I got back in 2007 carefully - it explains how to apply the rotating affect... it did work for me back then, I dont believe the newer versions of the program wouldnt support rotation as well...
    Quote Quote